| Additional Resources Accessories |
Sacro-Ease Seat Supports from McCarty's Sacroease were initially designed over 70 years ago to "rebuild" the support that is lost as seat cushioning and supporting structures age. They also serve well to improve the functionality of low cost office chairs or uncomfortable mass transit seating. Built to outlast and outperform other available solutions, all models of the Sacro-Ease Seat Supports feature the same foundation that has always set them apart from other available options. A 1/8" thick by 1" wide steel band frames both the seat and back of the supports, with a steel folding hinge at the rear of the seat. Over these frames are stretched rubber bands that serve to absorb vibration when travelling over rough terrain or to provide a cushioning resistance when sitting on seats that are no longer as supportive as they once were. The steel frame is bendable which enables users to adjust the lumbar curvature and position to provide themselves with optimally-placed support.
The Memory Foam Tapered Seat Sacro-Ease Seat Support offers the highest degree of cushioning and comfort of any Sacro-Ease product. The wedge-shaped seat is designed to "fill" the dip that exists at the rear of many auto and truck seats. The tapered seat design also offers ergonomic benefits by elevating the hips which in turn helps to tilt the pelvis forward and restore the natural C-Curve of the spine. When correctly aligned the spine is able to better absorb impact and is also less susceptible to injury.
As with other Sacro-Ease models, the tapered seat version includes the primary steel base and rubber band structure with a cover of high quality durable upholstery. The backrest is padded with a 1" layer of high quality Visco-Elastic Comfort Memory Foam that offers superior cushioning and vibration damping. The Memory Foam also contours to the body to aid in reducing potential pressure points. The wedge-shaped seat tapers from 1" thick at the front to 3" thick at the rear. The seat cushion is comprised of two layers, the upper being a 1" layer of Comfort Memory Foam (the same as the backrest), with an underlying wedge of high density poly foam that tapers up to 2" thick at the rear. The combined rear thickness of 3" is ideal cushioning for applications where extremely rough conditions are experienced.
The underside of the seat features a durable, non-skid bottom that keeps the Sacro-Ease firmly in place on all seats. A convenient handle facilitates transport between locations when the seat support is folded. It is stocked in the standard 15" seat width but is also available by Special Order in a 12" width that works with narrower bucket seats or a 19" width for bench seats or larger users. Deeper seats are also available by Special Order.
Note: If this Sacro-Ease Seat Support is to be used in a vehicle with limited headroom please be aware that even when compressed this seat could elevate the user up to 2".
Encourages Better Posture - Everywhere!
- Sacro-Ease Seat Supports encourage the user to sit upright and maintain correct posture. As seats and chairs age it can become very easy to slouch into them, with the back rounding out to a C-Curve that can put extreme load on the lower back. The wedge shape of this model is especially suitable in deeply "dipped" automotive seat as it serves to elevate the hips, tilting the pelvis forward and helping to restore the spine to a more natural C-Curve. This improved seating position, combined with an appropriately curved back frame with the lumbar support correctly positioned, will naturally correct poor posture on an ongoing basis.
Reduces Impact and Vibration
- The shock-absorbing rubber bands in both the seat and backrest serve to reduce the cumulative effect that rough roads and general vibration can have over time. Any reduction in transfer of impact or vibration to the spine is desirable to reduce the risk of damage to the cushioning discs. The 1" thick high-density Comfort Memory Foam padding in the back provides comfort and vibration damping. The combined Memory Foam over Poly Foam wedge seat provides a high level of cushioning and shock absorption due to the 3" thickness at the rear. This makes it a good choice where extreme impacts are expected, such as in off-highway use.
Reduces Risk of Lower Back Pain
- The shock-absorbing bands and Memory Foam cushioned seat and backrest combine to provide users with a seating option that can reduce the risk of lower back pain. The extra thickness of the wedge-shaped seat adds a significant degree of shock absorbance.
Portability Encourages Use
- Because the Sacro-Ease Seat Support is easily transported via a convenient carrying handle, users have very little preventing them from taking advantage of the improved ergonomics, even if moving between multiple locations throughout the day.
Muting of Pressure Points
- The rubber bands combine with the foam cushioning and the upholstery to eliminate pressure points in older seats where the foam has deteriorated to the point where it no longer provides any cushioning effect.
Prevention of Chair Back Drift
- The frame will provide resistance to users who lean back in their chair, taking some of the load off of older (or plastic) chair frames which are not up to the task.
- Memory Foam Cushioned Back and Tapered Seat: The Memory Foam Tapered Seat Sacro-Ease Seat Support has a 1" thick pad of Comfort Memory Foam in the back rest and a combination of a 1" thick Memory Foam surface layer over a wedge of high compression poly foam in the seat. The combined foam cushioning tapers from 1" at the front to 3" at the rear. This padding supplements the shock-absorbing action of the foundational rubber bands.
- Sturdy Bendable Steel Frame: A 1" wide x 1/8" thick steel frame acts as a structural foundation for both the seat and backrest. This frame can be carefully bent (see Usage Tips) by hand as needed to adjust the lumbar curve for both position and curvature. The front edge of the seat can also be bent downward as needed to eliminate potential pressure points.
- Shock Absorbing Rubber Bands: The steel frame is covered with tightly-stretched wide rubber bands that serve to absorb shock and vibration, smoothing out a rough ride. When used on fixed seating these bands serve to enhance or reinforce the existing cushioning.
- Tapered Seat: The seat on this model tapers from 1" at the front edge to 3" thick at the rear. The seat is formed of two foams - an upper 1" thick layer of Comfort Memory Foam over a base wedge of high compression poly foam that tapers up to a full 2" thick at the rear. This tapered seat shape is designed to elevate the hips and tilt the pelvis forward. This aids in restoring a correct S-Curve in the spine. It also serves to "level out" the deep dip that is present in many auto and truck seats.
- Heavy Duty Upholstery: Sacro-Ease Seat Supports are upholstered with a heavy-duty fabric designed to provide many years of wear.
- Non-Slip Base: The underside of each seat features a non-slip surface that safely secures it in place on almost any surface.
- Foldable for Transport: The heavy-duty steel hinge accommodates easy folding for transport between locations.
- Convenient Carrying Handle: Each Sacro-Ease Seat Support is equipped with a carrying strap which is easily accessed once the seat is folded for transport.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Memory Foam Tapered Seat Sacro-Ease Seat Support
Standard: 15.0" (38.1 cm)
Narrow: 12.0" (30.5 cm)Special Order Only
Wide: 19.0" (48.3 cm) Special Order Only
- Depth (front to back): 14.0" (35.6 cm)
- Height: 19.0" (48.3 cm)
- Back Structure:
Steel Frame, Rubber Bands, Fabric Cover
Cushioning: 1" (2.5 cm) Thick Comfort Memory Foam Cushioning
- Seat Structure:
Steel Frame, Rubber Bands, Fabric Cover
Cushioning: (combined foam - 1" - 3" tapered design)
- Upper Layer: 1" (2.5 cm) Thick Comfort Memory Foam Cushioning
- Base Layer: High Density Poly Foam Wedge - Tapers to 2" thick at rear
- Available Colours: Black, Charcoal, LightBrown, Grey
- Warranty: 5 Years, Manufacturer Direct
- Bending Instructions
The steel frame of this Sacro-Ease product is formed of a mild steel that permits repeated bends to be made without sacrificing the strength of the frame. Smooth gentle curves are important to ensure that the steel is not "crimped" which WILL reduce its ability to hold a new curve. Bending over a sharp edge or with abrupt movements or aggressive pressure will increase the risk of this type of damage occurring.
To reduce the curve of the frame the Sacro-Ease should be placed on a firm flat surface with the curve facing down. Gentle pressure can then be applied against the frame both above and below the curve. It is best to begin with light pressure and repeat several times, increasing pressure as needed to reduce the curve to the desired degree. This procedure needs to be completed on both sides of the frame.
To increase the curvature it is best to place the Sacro-Ease over a larger rounded surface, curved side up. Then gently press down on the frame above and below the curve, repeating several times with increasing pressure until the desired curve is achieved. Of course, adjust both sides equally to ensure a balanced support.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|BRSCMTW-BLK|| 15" Seat width. Black|
|BRSCMTW|| 15" Seat width. Colours Available: Black, Grey, Light Brown; Blue, Brown, Red, Charcoal.|