Page last updated: Thu., 27-Feb.-2020 16:09:24
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
Memory Foam Tapered Sacro-Ease Seat Supportby McCarty's Sacroease
| Additional Resources Accessories |
Sacro-Ease Seat Supports from McCarty's Sacroease were initially designed over 70 years ago to "rebuild" the support that is lost as seat cushioning and supporting structures age. They also serve well to improve the functionality of low cost office chairs or uncomfortable mass transit seating. Built to outlast and outperform other available solutions, all models of the Sacro-Ease Seat Supports feature the same foundation that has always set them apart from other available options. A 1/8" thick by 1" wide steel band frames the seat. Over this frame is stretched a wide rubber band that serves to absorb vibration when travelling over rough terrain or to provide a cushioning resistance when sitting on seats that are no longer as supportive as they once were. The steel frame is bendable which permits users to customize for optimum comfort.
The Memory Foam Tapered Sacro-Ease Seat Support offers the highest degree of cushioning and comfort of any Sacro-Ease product. This "Seat Only" model is wedge-shaped to "fill" the dip that exists at the rear of many auto and truck seats. The tapered seat design also offers ergonomic benefits by elevating the hips which in turn helps to tilt the pelvis forward and restore the natural C-Curve of the spine. When correctly aligned the spine is able to better absorb impact and is also less susceptible to injury.
As with other Sacro-Ease models, this tapered seat version includes the primary steel base and rubber band structure with a cover of high quality durable upholstery. The wedge-shaped seat tapers from 1" thick at the front to 3" thick at the rear. The seat cushion is comprised of two layers, the upper being a 1" layer of high quality Visco-Elastic Comfort Memory Foam that offers superior cushioning and vibration damping. The Memory Foam also contours to the body to aid in reducing potential pressure points. The upper layer of Memory foam is supported by an underlying wedge of high density poly foam that tapers up to 2" thick at the rear. The combined rear thickness of 3" is ideal cushioning for applications where extremely rough conditions are experienced
The underside of the seat features a durable, non-skid bottom that keeps the Sacro-Ease firmly in place on all seats. A convenient handle facilitates transport between locations. It is stocked in the standard 15" seat width but is also available by Special Order in a 12" width that works with narrower bucket seats or a 19" width for bench seats or larger users. The RSCTW-18-SPECIAL-BLK (stocked) model is the standard 15" width but has an 18" deep seat for use in common fleet truck models equipped with deeper seats than most other vehicles. Other seat width and depth combinations are also available by Special Order.
Note: If this Sacro-Ease Seat Support is to be used in a vehicle with limited headroom please be aware that even when compressed this seat could elevate the user up to 2".
Encourages Better Posture - Everywhere!
- Sacro-Ease Seat Supports encourage the user to sit upright and maintain correct posture. As seats and chairs age both the springs and cushioning tend to "sag" which permits the back to round out into a C-Curve that can put extreme load on the lower back. The wedge shaped seat is especially suitable in deeply "dipped" automotive seats as it serves to "level out" the seat, elevating the hips which in turn tilts the pelvis forward, helping restore the spine to a more natural C-Curve. This improved seating position naturally corrects poor posture on an ongoing basis.
Reduces Impact and Vibration
- The shock-absorbing rubber bands in the seat serve to reduce the cumulative effect that rough roads and general vibration can have over time. Any reduction in transfer of impact or vibration to the spine is desirable to reduce the risk of damage to the cushioning discs. The combined Memory Foam over Poly Foam wedge-shaped seat provides a high level of cushioning and shock absorption due to the 3" thickness directly below the spine. This makes it a good choice where extreme impacts are expected, such as in off-highway use.
Reduces Risk of Lower Back Pain
- The shock-absorbing bands and heavily cushioned seat combine to provide users with a seating option that can reduce the risk of lower back pain. The extra thickness of the wedge-shaped seat adds a significant degree of shock absorbance.
Portability Encourages Use
- Because the Sacro-Ease Seat Support is easily transported via a convenient carrying handle, users have very little preventing them from taking advantage of the improved ergonomics, even if moving between multiple locations throughout the day.
Muting of Pressure Points
- The rubber bands combine with the foam cushioning and the upholstery to eliminate pressure points in older seats where the foam has deteriorated to the point where it no longer provides any cushioning effect.
- Sturdy Bendable Steel Frame: A 1" wide x 1/8" thick steel frame acts as a structural foundation for the seat. With care this frame can be bent to customize for specific needs. Usually only the front edge of the seat will need to be bent (see Usage Tips) downward as needed to eliminate potential pressure points.
- Shock Absorbing Rubber Bands: The steel frame is covered with tightly-stretched wide rubber bands that serve to absorb shock and vibration, smoothing out a rough ride. When used on fixed seating these bands serve to enhance or reinforce the existing cushioning.
- Extra-Thick Cushioned Tapered Seat: The Memory Foam Tapered Sacro-Ease Seat Support features a combination of a 1" thick Memory Foam surface layer over a wedge of high compression poly foam in the seat. The combined foam cushioning tapers from 1" at the front to 3" at the rear. This padding supplements the shock-absorbing action of the foundational rubber bands.
- Heavy Duty Upholstery: Sacro-Ease Seat Supports are upholstered with a heavy-duty fabric designed to provide many years of wear.
- Non-Slip Base: The underside of each seat features a non-slip surface that safely secures it in place on almost any surface.
- Convenient Carrying Handle: Each Sacro-Ease Seat Support is equipped with a carrying strap.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Sacroease Memory Foam Tapered Seat Support - available in 3 widths
- Width: 15.0" (38.1 cm)
- Depth (front to back): 15.0" (38.1 cm)
- Thickness: Tapers from 1" (2.5 cm) at front to 3" (7.6 cm) thick at the rear
- Seat Structure:
Steel Frame, Rubber Bands, Fabric Cover
Cushioning: (combined foam - 1" - 3" tapered design)
- Upper Layer: 1" (2.5 cm) Thick Comfort Memory Foam Cushioning
- Base Layer: High Density Poly Foam Wedge - Tapers to 2" (5.1 cm) thick at rear
- Available Colours: Black, Grey (Other colours available by Special Order Only)
- Warranty: 5 Years, Manufacturer Direct
- Bending Instructions
The steel frame of this Sacro-Ease product is formed of a mild steel that permits repeated bends to be made without sacrificing the strength of the frame. Smooth gentle curves are important to ensure that the steel is not "crimped" which WILL reduce its ability to hold a new curve. Bending over a sharp edge or with abrupt movements or aggressive pressure will increase the risk of this type of damage occurring.
"Seat Only" Sacroease Products should only require bending at the very front of the seat (if at all). If you find that the front edge of the seat is creating a pressure point you may wish to put a slight downward bend at the very front edge of the frame. Bending at the front is more difficult than in the middle of the frame as it is more difficult to exert pressure at the edge. However, it can be accomplished by hooking the front edge under a lip that will be strong enough to withstand a significant degree of force. Place a sturdy tube or rod of a reasonably small (0.75" - 1") diameter directly behind the seat and gently exert pressure against the frame just above the tube or rod. It does not require a great degree of bend and you do not want to crimp the steel frame, so careful steady pressure is key.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|RSCTW-BLK|| 15" Seat width. Black model|
|RSCTW-18-SPECIAL-BLK|| 15" Seat width. 18" DEEP, Black model. Designed for use in deep truck seats|
|RSCTW-GREY|| 15" Seat width. Grey model|
|RSCTW-LTBRN|| 15" Seat width. Light brown model|
|RSCTW-BRN|| 15" Seat width. Brown model|
|RSCTW-BLU|| 15" Seat width. Blue model|
|RSCTW-RED|| 15" Seat width. Red model|
|RSCTW-CHAR|| 15" Seat width. Charcoal model|
|RNCTW|| 12" Seat width. Colours Available: Black, Grey, Light Brown; Blue, Brown, Red, Charcoal|
|RCTW|| 19" Seat width. Colours Available: Black, Grey, Light Brown; Blue, Brown, Red, Charcoal|