Page last updated: Thu., 28-May-2020 14:39:09
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
Executive RX Seatby McCarty's Sacroease
| Images Additional Resources Accessories |
Sacro-Ease Seat Supports from McCarty's Sacroease were initially designed over 70 years ago to "rebuild" the support that is lost as seat cushioning and supporting structures age. They also serve well to improve the functionality of low cost office chairs or uncomfortable mass transit seating. Built to outlast and outperform other available solutions, all models of the Sacro-Ease Seat Supports feature the same foundation that has always set them apart from other available options. A 1/8" thick by 1" wide steel band frames the seat. Over this frame is stretched a wide rubber band that serves to absorb vibration when travelling over rough terrain or to provide a cushioning resistance when sitting on seats that are no longer as supportive as they once were. The steel frame is bendable which permits users to customize for optimum comfort.
As a "Seat Only" model the Executive RX Seat is designed for chairs that offer good back support but lack a comfortable seating surface. This modified seat is designed to fit larger chairs and to provide a higher degree of cushioning than most of the other Sacre-Ease models. The seat is both wider and deeper than other models to better fit larger chairs and the 2" thick poly foam cushion provides firm support across the entire seat. A 3.5" wide x 11" deep "foam-free" Coccyx cutout provides pressure relief for those suffering from tailbone injuries or other conditions that generate similar sensitivity to pressure. The Executive RX is built on a 17" x 17" steel frame, with shock absorbing rubber band support and a full two inches of poly foam cushioning, all covered with a breathable, durable fabric. The non-skid underside keeps it firmly in place on the chair. Like other Sacro-Ease Seat Supports, the Executive RX Seat has a carry-handle, and can be used in virtually all seating situations.
Reduces Pressure on the Coccyx
- This model of the Sacro-Ease Seat Support features a large 3.5" wide x 11" deep zone without supporting foam. Because the seat features a 2" thick layer of foam this also means a potential increase in the degree of pressure relief that can be achieved as compared to other models with the coccyx cutout. This reduces the potential for pressure on the Coccyx which can lead to a reduction in pain for those who may have damaged their tailbone or who may have conditions that create a similar level of pressure-induced discomfort.
Encourages Better Posture - Everywhere!
- Sacro-Ease Seat Supports encourage the user to sit upright and maintain correct posture. As seats and chairs age both the springs and cushioning tend to "sag" which permits the back to round out into a C-Curve that can put extreme load on the lower back. The wedge shaped seat is especially suitable in deeply "dipped" automotive seats as it serves to "level out" the seat, elevating the hips which in turn tilts the pelvis forward, helping restore the spine to a more natural C-Curve. This improved seating position naturally corrects poor posture on an ongoing basis.
Reduces Impact and Vibration
- The shock-absorbing rubber bands in the seat serve to reduce the cumulative effect that rough roads and general vibration can have over time. Any reduction in transfer of impact or vibration to the spine is desirable to reduce the risk of damage to the cushioning discs. The thick 2" layer of firm poly foam provides a high level of cushioning and shock absorption. This makes it a good choice where extreme impacts are expected, such as in off-highway use.
Reduces Risk of Lower Back Pain
- The shock-absorbing bands and heavily cushioned seat combine to provide users with a seating option that can reduce the risk of lower back pain. The extra thickness of the wedge-shaped seat adds a significant degree of shock absorbance.
Portability Encourages Use
- Because the Sacro-Ease Seat Support is easily transported via a convenient carrying handle, users have very little preventing them from taking advantage of the improved ergonomics, even if moving between multiple locations throughout the day.
Muting of Pressure Points
- The rubber bands combine with the foam cushioning and the upholstery to eliminate pressure points in older seats where the foam has deteriorated to the point where it no longer provides any cushioning effect.
- Oversized: The Executive RX Seat is built on a 17" wide x 17" deep frame that works well in larger chairs. To accommodate a wide range of fitting the rear of the seat is curved to fit into the backrest contours of many seats. The larger dimensions and 2" thick poly foam padding also work well for larger users.
- Sturdy Bendable Steel Frame: A 1" wide x 1/8" thick steel frame acts as a structural foundation for the seat. With care this frame can be bent to customize for specific needs. Usually only the front edge of the seat will need to be bent (see Usage Tips) downward as needed to eliminate potential pressure points.
- Shock Absorbing Rubber Bands: The steel frame is covered with tightly-stretched wide rubber bands that serve to absorb shock and vibration, smoothing out a rough ride. When used on fixed seating these bands serve to enhance or reinforce the existing cushioning.
- Extra-Thick Cushioned Seat: The Executive RX Seat features a 2" thick cushion of high compression poly foam in the seat. This padding supplements the shock-absorbing action of the foundational rubber bands.
- Heavy Duty Upholstery: Sacro-Ease Seat Supports are upholstered with a heavy-duty fabric designed to provide many years of wear.
- Non-Slip Base: The underside of each seat features a non-slip surface that safely secures it in place on almost any surface.
- Convenient Carrying Handle: Each Sacro-Ease Seat Support is equipped with a carrying strap.
- Bending Instructions
The steel frame of this Sacro-Ease product is formed of a mild steel that permits repeated bends to be made without sacrificing the strength of the frame. Smooth gentle curves are important to ensure that the steel is not "crimped" which WILL reduce its ability to hold a new curve. Bending over a sharp edge or with abrupt movements or aggressive pressure will increase the risk of this type of damage occurring.
"Seat Only" Sacroease Products should only require bending at the very front of the seat (if at all). If you find that the front edge of the seat is creating a pressure point you may wish to put a slight downward bend at the very front edge of the frame. Bending at the front is more difficult than in the middle of the frame as it is more difficult to exert pressure at the edge. However, it can be accomplished by hooking the front edge under a lip that will be strong enough to withstand a significant degree of force. Place a sturdy tube or rod of a reasonably small (0.75" - 1") diameter directly behind the seat and gently exert pressure against the frame just above the tube or rod. It does not require a great degree of bend and you do not want to crimp the steel frame so careful steady pressure is key.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|EX-RX-BLK|| Black model.|
|EX-RX|| Colours Available: Blue, Grey, Brown, Red, Light Brown, Charcoal.|