| Additional Resources Usage Tips Accessories |
Inspired by the Apple design philosophy, the Matias Wired Keyboard for Mac is for individuals who miss the Apple Wired Keyboard with Numeric Keypad. It has all the key design elements Mac users were familiar with: a 2 port USB 2.0 hub, all the special Mac functions that were on the now discontinued Apple Wired Keyboard with Numeric Keypad, and a hard wired connection via a USB cable. Improvements on this Matias product include Matias scissor switches providing a satisfying typing experience in a slim design. Matias has also added a high precision volume control dial with 64 levels on the top edge of the keyboard for those who desire more accurate volume control than the 16 settings provided through the traditional volume up and down keys.
For number crunchers, a dedicated numeric keypad is not optional, and this keyboard provides with the reliability of a wired connection to the computer. The Matias Wired Keyboard for Mac is compatible with Mac OS X all the way back to Version 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard).
This keyboard only weighs 1.2 lbs and comes with a one meter (3.25 foot) USB cable.
Reduced Risk of Wrist Extension
- The Wired Keyboard for Mac presents a low front profile which means that there is not a significant difference between keyboard height and the work surface. For users who "rest" the heel of their hands when keyboarding low profile can reduce the risks associated with wrist extension. Learn more about Wrist Extension.
Reduced Risk of Shoulder and Back Pain
- Keying on laptops requires users to position their hands unnaturally close together. This requires them to roll their shoulders in and usually also down. This puts undue strain on both the shoulders and the upper back. Extended use of devices requiring this posture can have a noticeable effect on the health of the shoulders and back. The Wired Keyboard for Mac addresses this by providing users with a means of entering data on these devices without the space limitations of the device screen.
- Hard Wired USB Connection: The Wired Keyboard for Mac uses a dedicated USB cable to connect to the Mac. This ensures a quick, reliable and secure connection to any Mac device.
- Integrated Numeric Keypad: Unlike the Apple Wireless keyboard, the Wired Keyboard for Mac includes a full numeric keypad, which provides Apple users with complete keyboard functionality like they were used to in the now discontinued Apple Wired Keyboard with Numeric Keypad.
- Low Profile Design: The Wired Keyboard for Mac employs a "chiclet" or "island" keycap which permits a very low profile. The profile tapers from 3/4" at the back to just 3/8" thick at the front, presenting a slightly angled profile to the user.
- Familiar Design: Apple users will appreciate the familiar Silver colour and design.
- Slightly Concave Keycaps: To assist touch typists in maintaining home row position on the keyboard the keycaps feature a very slight concave surface just barely detectable by the fingertips.
- Mac-Friendly Function Keys: Common Mac functions such as screen brightness and volume control are easily accessed. Users who require the traditional F-Key functions can temporarily access these using the "fn" key.
- Plastic Housing: The upper housing on the Wired Keyboard for Mac is of plastic instead of aluminum, unlike the Wired Aluminum Keyboard, which makes the Wired Keyboard for Mac a budget version of the higher end aluminum model.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Wired Keyboard for Mac
Wired Keyboard for Mac
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|FK316|| Wired Keyboard for Mac|