| Additional Resources Accessories |
Inspired by the Apple design philosophy, the Matias Wired Keyboard for Mac is for individuals who miss the Apple Wired Keyboard with Numeric Keypad. This keyboard is equipped with high quality Matias scissor switches to provide a satisfying typing experience despite the slim design. All models of this keyboard offer all the special Mac functions that were on the discontinued Apple Wired Keyboard with Numeric Keypad, and a hard-wired connection via a USB cable.
The FK316 model is also equipped with a 2 port USB 2.0 hub and a high-precision volume control dial with 64 levels on the top edge of the keyboard offering advanced control for those who desire more accurate volume control than the 16 settings provided through the traditional volume up and down keys.
When intense numeric data entry is required, the dedicated numeric keypad provides full functionality. As the design uses a plastic instead of aluminum housing, it has a nominal weight of just 1.2 lbs and this in conjunction with a one meter (3.25 foot) USB cable makes the Wired Keyboard for Mac highly portable.
The Matias Wired Keyboard for Mac is also compatible with Mac OS X all the way back to Version 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard).
Note: The Matias Wired Aluminum Keyboard, offers the same design and features (including the USB hub and Volume Dial) housed in a rigid aluminum housing, and is available in two familiar colour combinations in both Standard US English and French Canadian layouts.
Reduced Risk of Wrist Extension
- The Wired Keyboard for Mac presents a low front profile which means that there is not a significant difference between keyboard height and the work surface. For users who "rest" the heel of their hands when keyboarding low profile can reduce the risks associated with wrist extension. Learn more about Wrist Extension.
Reduced Risk of Shoulder and Back Pain
- Keying on laptops requires that one position the hands unnaturally close together. This requires that the shoulders be "rolled in" and usually also down. This puts undue strain on both the shoulders and the upper back. Extended use of devices requiring this posture can have a noticeable effect on the health of the shoulders and back. The Wired Keyboard for Mac addresses this by providing a means of entering data on these devices without the space limitations imposed by the limited width of these ultra-compact devices.
- Hard Wired USB Connection: The Wired Keyboard for Mac uses a dedicated USB cable to connect to the Mac. This ensures a quick, reliable and secure connection to any Mac device.
- Integrated Numeric Keypad: Unlike the Apple Wireless keyboard, the Wired Keyboard for Mac includes a full numeric keypad, which provides Mac enthusiasts with the same keyboard functionality they were familiar with in the now-discontinued Apple Wired Keyboard with Numeric Keypad.
- Low Profile Design: The Wired Keyboard for Mac employs a "chiclet" or "island" keycap which permits a very low profile. The profile tapers from 3/4" at the back to just 3/8" thick at the front, presenting a slightly angled profile.
- Familiar Design: The keyboard design will be visually familiar to Mac owners and the Grey/Black colour scheme will blend with multiple Mac colour schemes.
- Slightly Concave Keycaps: To assist touch typists in maintaining home row position the keycaps feature a very slight concave surface, just barely detectable by the fingertips.
- Mac-Friendly Function Keys: Common Mac functions such as screen brightness and volume control are easily accessed. Those who require the traditional F-Key functions can temporarily access these using the "fn" key.
- Plastic Housing: The upper housing on the Wired Keyboard for Mac is of plastic instead of aluminum, unlike the Wired Aluminum Keyboard, which makes the Wired Keyboard for Mac easier on the budget than the higher end aluminum model.
- Advanced Volume Control Wheel (FK316 model only): The high precision volume control dial on the top edge of the FK316 keyboard offers advanced control — 64 levels — for those who desire more accurate volume control.
- Dual USB 2.0 Hub (FK316 model only): The FK316 model is also equipped with a dual USB 2.0 Hub for those who have limited USB ports available.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Wired Keyboard for Mac - FK316
Wired Keyboard for Mac - FK316
Wired Keyboard for Mac - FK316B
Wired Keyboard for Mac - FK316S
- Make sure the keyboard is properly positioned. Sit in your usual position at your desk and gently square your shoulders. Allow your upper arms to relax to your waist. Lift your forearms at the elbow and extend your fingers so that there is a straight line from your elbow through the centre of your wrist to your middle finger. Adjust your seat height or keyboard tray so that your arms and hands can maintain this position as you type.
Note: If you need to raise your chair you will most likely need some kind of support for your feet.
- Try to keep the straight line through the wrist while typing. If you find that your hands are angling up at the wrist you may wish to add a palm support to aid in maintaining that neutral alignment. If considering a palm support you will want one that offers a low profile to match the height of the keyboard.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|FK316|| Wired Keyboard for Mac, Silver with Black Keys, includes Dual USB 2.0 Hub and Volume Dial|
|FK316B|| Wired Keyboard for Mac, Silver with Black Keys|
|FK316S|| Wired Keyboard for Mac, Silver with White Keys|