| Additional Resources |
The Matias Wired Aluminum Tenkeyless Keyboard is for those who miss the Apple Wired Keyboard but do not require a numeric keypad with models for Mac including a USB-A to USB-C adapter to ensure multi-generational device compatibility. It has all the familiar Apple design elements; an aluminum case with keycaps, a 2 port USB 2.0 hub, all the special Mac functions that were on the now discontinued Apple Wired Keyboard with Numeric Keypad (Mac models only), and a hard wired connection via a USB cable. Improvements on this product include high quality Matias scissor switches that provide a satisfying typing experience in a slim and compact design.
Matias has also added a high precision volume control dial with 64 levels on the top edge of the keyboard for those who desire more accurate volume control than the 16 settings provided through the traditional volume up and down keys. This keyboard only weighs 1.2 lbs and comes with a 1.5 meter (5 foot) USB cable.
The Mac-compatible models of the Matias Wired Aluminum Tenkeyless Keyboard are compatible with Mac OS X all the way back to Version 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) and available in Silver or Space Gray. The PC model (FK308PCBB) is Windows compatible and is available in Black only.
Reduced Risk of Wrist Extension
- The Wired Aluminum Tenkeyless Keyboard presents a low front profile which means that there is not a significant difference between keyboard height and the work surface. For users who "rest" the heel of their hands when keyboarding low profile can reduce the risks associated with wrist extension. Learn more about Wrist Extension.
Reduced Risk of Shoulder and Back Pain
- Keying on laptops requires that the hands be positioned unnaturally close together. This requires that the shoulders be "rolled" in and usually also down. This puts undue strain on both the shoulders and the upper back. Extended use of devices requiring this posture can have a noticeable effect on the health of the shoulders and back. The Wired Aluminum Tenkeyless Keyboard addresses this by providing a means of entering data on these devices without the space limitations of the device width.
Reduces Overreaching for the Mouse
- Regular size keyboards with integrated numeric keypads on the right often make reaching for the mouse on the right-hand side an ergonomic risk factor. The further the reach for the mouse (from the dominant hand home row, over the navigation keys, over the numeric keypad), the greater the risk of injuries to the arm and shoulder due to overreaching. The Aluminum Tenkeyless Keyboard reduces this potential risk by eliminating the numeric keypad and reducing the keyboard width to just 14.12". Learn More About Overreaching.
- Multi-Generational Connectivity: Models for Mac (FK308B & FK308S) ship with a USB-A to USB-C adapter that ensures connectivity across all generations.
- Hard Wired USB Connection: The Wired Aluminum Tenkeyless Keyboard uses a dedicated USB cable to connect to the keyboard. This ensures a quick, reliable and secure connection to any device.
- No Integrated Numeric Keypad: The Wired Aluminum Tenkeyless Keyboard has eliminated the full numeric keypad, which provides a more compact model for tighter spaces and greater portability.
- Dual On-board USB 2.0 Port: All models include a Dual USB 2.0 port that can be used for convenient connection of a mouse or other low power USB device. This is beneficial for those who may only have a single accessible USB or USB-C port (Mac models come with a USB-A to USB-C adapter).
- Low Profile Design: The Wired Aluminum Tenkeyless Keyboard employs a "chiclet" or "island" keycap which permits a very low profile. The profile tapers from 3/4" at the back to just 3/8" thick at the front, presenting a slightly angled profile.
- Familiar Design: Those familiar with Apple-designed keyboards will see the similarities in design and colour (Silver or Space Gray). The PC version is available in a more traditional Black finish.
- Non-Reflective Finish: The Wired Aluminum Tenkeyless Keyboard features a matte anodized finish which eliminates reflection and glare. It also means fingerprints are not visible.
- Slightly Concave Keycaps: To assist touch typists in maintaining home row position on the keyboard the keycaps feature a very slight concave surface just barely detectable by the fingertips.
- Mac-Friendly Function Keys (Mac only): Common Mac functions such as screen brightness and volume control are easily accessed. Those who require the traditional F-Key functions can temporarily access these using the "fn" key.
- Sturdy Aluminum Housing: The upper housing on the Wired Aluminum Tenkeyless Keyboard is made of aluminum which ensures strength and rigidity.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Matias Wired Aluminum Tenkeyless Keyboard (Mac)
Matias Wired Aluminum Tenkeyless Keyboard (Mac) - Tenkeyless layout
Matias Wired Aluminum Tenkeyless Keyboard (Mac) - Space Grey housing
Matias Wired Aluminum Tenkeyless Keyboard (Mac) - Side Profile
Matias Wired Aluminum Tenkeyless Keyboard (PC)
Matias Wired Aluminum Tenkeyless Keyboard (PC) - Side Profile
- Make sure the keyboard is properly positioned. Sit in your usual position at your desk and gently square your shoulders. Allow your upper arms to relax to your waist. Lift your forearms at the elbow and extend your fingers so that there is a straight line from your elbow through the centre of your wrist to your middle finger. Adjust your seat height or keyboard tray so that your arms and hands can maintain this position as you type.
Note: If you need to raise your chair you will most likely need some kind of support for your feet.
- Try to keep the straight line through the wrist while typing. If you find that your hands are angling up at the wrist you may wish to add a palm support to aid in maintaining that neutral alignment. If considering a palm support you will want one that offers a low profile to match the height of the keyboard.
- As you type, pay attention to when the keystroke actuates on the screen and learn to associate it with the feel of the key as it is depressed. As you learn how far and hard to press a key, you will be able to become efficient at using just enough force to exceed the force necessary to generate a keystroke without bottoming out at the end of the stroke.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|FK308S|| Silver Housing with White Keys for Mac|
|FK308B|| Space Gray Housing with Black Keycaps for Mac|
|FK308PCBB|| Black Housing with Black Keycaps for PC|
|SPS|| SAMA Palm Support, 2" x 12" x 0.5"|