| Additional Resources Usage Tips Accessories |
The Tactile Pro Keyboard from Matias includes a USB to USB-C adapter to ensure multi-generational device compatibility and offers the same feel and "clicky" feedback as the legendary ALPS Mechanical Switch used in the original Apple Extended Keyboard and many IBM keyboards. The high quality mechanical keyswitches offer both audible and tactile feedback, which can improve keying performance and typing speeds.
The Tactile Pro is designed for comfort, durability, and performance. In addition, the keycaps are sculpted (not flat) for increased keying accuracy and to aid in maintaining the hands on the home row. Included is a 3-port hi-speed USB 2.0 hub and special Anti-Ghosting circuitry, which can accommodate the fastest of typists without the fear of dropped characters. Designed for use with Mac computers, the Tactile Pro is equipped with Mac-friendly function keys as well as having optional symbols clearly marked on keycaps, able to be accessed via Option or Shift-Option commands. The key legends are laser-etched directly into the keycaps, ensuring that they will not wear off, even under the most demanding use. The clean white housing makes a design statement in any environment.
Reduces the Potential for Wrist Extension
- The Tactile Pro features a profile that incorporates a slight negative inclination on the keycaps of the first 3 rows of the keyboard, with the upper 3 rows being just slightly higher with a very nominal positive inclination to facilitate easier access. This design lets the wrists be maintained in a flat neutral position while performing the majority of work. This distinguishes the Tactile Pro from most keyboards which have a clearly positive profile resulting in the function row being significantly higher than the bottom row on the keyboard (even when the legs at the back are not deployed).Note:
Regardless of the devices in use, wrist extension cannot be prevented if the work surface is either too high, or too low. Learn More About Improper Work Surface Height.
Reduces Jarring Impact on the Fingers
- Mechanical keyswitches do not need to strike the bottom of the keyboard to generate the keystroke. This feature, especially in combination with the full key travel distance (3.5 mm) and tactile feedback (indicating the point at which the keystroke has been actuated) means that individuals soon learn to use a lighter touch on a mechanical keyswitch than they would on a membrane or a scissor switch key. The result is often a considerable reduction in the amount of pain and fatigue experienced in the hands and fingers.
Improves Typing Speed and Accuracy
- Slightly concave key caps help to keep fingers oriented on the home row and enhance keying accuracy. In additon, tactile feedback when the keystroke is actuated discourages from pressing a key down more than it needs to be, allowing a faster transition from key to key.
- Multi-Generational Connectivity: The Tactile Pro ships with a USB-A to USB-C adapter that ensures connectivity across all generations.
- Tactile and Clicky Mechanical Keyswitches: The Tactile Pro uses Matias Click Switches, inspired by the ALPS keyswitch technology that Apple used in its original Apple Extended Keyboard — widely viewed as the best keyboard Apple ever made.
- Full Size Sculpted Keycaps with Standard Spacing and 3.5 mm Key Travel Distance: Standard sized sculpted (concave) keycaps, standard key pitch (the spacing between key caps) and 3.5 mm key travel (how far the key moves up and down) results in no learning curve when transferring keyboarding skills to this keyboard.
- Effectively Neutral Profile: The effectively neutral profile ensures that the alpha rows are not positively inclined, and the numeric and function row is only nominally higher. This distinguishes the Tactile Pro from most keyboards which have a clearly positive profile resulting in the function row being significantly higher than the bottom row on the keyboard (even when the legs at the back are not deployed).
- Concave Arc Keycap Inclination: The inclination of the keycap tops follows a very shallow "concave" arc, improving tactility for the letter rows by maximizing finger pad contact on the keycaps, and reducing reach for the upper rows (number and function row).
- N-Key Rollover (Anti-Ghosting Circuitry): Unlike most keyboards, this feature allows the fastest typists to work without fear of lost or incorrectly generated keystrokes.
- 3-Port USB 2.0 Hub: Three USB 2.0 ports on the keyboard can accommodate connection of additional low-power devices such as flash drives and mice.
- Laser Etched Keys: Legends are laser etched directly into the key caps, so they will never wear off.
- Key Cap Symbols: Optional symbols are clearly marked on the keycaps, and can be accessed via Option or Shift-Option commands.
- Mac-Friendly Function Keys: Screen brightness, audio controls, and other Mac functions are as easily accessed as on any Apple keyboard.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Matias Tactile Pro Mechanical Keyboard
Matias Tactile Pro Mechanical Keyboard - Side Profile
Matias Tactile Pro Mechanical Keyboard - US Layout
Matias Tactile Pro Mechanical Keyboard - Back View
Matias Tactile Pro Mechanical Keyboard - Front View
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|FK302|| Tactile Pro Keyboard for Mac, White Housing|