| Ergonomic Benefits Additional Resources Usage Tips Accessories |
The revolutionary Matias Half Keyboard allows the user to type with their left hand drawing on any existing QWERTY layout keyboard experience. This ultra-compact keyboard is a one-handed version of the standard desktop keyboard for the left hand. The 22 full-size high-quality scissor-switch chording key layout yields a sleek, thin solution providing access to all keys on a regular keyboard. The Half-Keyboard is ideal for individuals with minimal range of arm movement seeking a solely left-handed keyboard input solution.
- Easy to use: When you place your hand on the keyboard in the standard position, the letters under your hand are exactly the same as on a regular keyboard. If you already know how to type them there is no learning required. For access to the other half of the keyboard, hold down the space bar to make the keys under your hand change to the other half of the keyboard. To type a space, just tap the space bar.
- Quickly learned: If you have never learned to type before, you can learn one-handed typing in the same time - and at the same time - as two-handed typing. If you are already a touch typist, you can learn one-handed typing in a matter of minutes, with little or no retraining. The half keyboard is so easy to learn because the finger used to type each letter is the same finger that is used in normal touch typing.
- Speed potential: With practice, up to 88% as fast as your two-handed speed!
- Easier text editing: Scroll, select text, type corrections or make deletions without moving your hand back and forth between keyboard and mouse.
- Flexibility: Type while talking on the phone, or hold documents in one hand and type them in with the other hand.
- Graphics software users: Those who use Desktop Publishing, CAD, Photoshop and other graphics software can change tools and issue commands on the Half Keyboard without taking their hand off the mouse or stylus.
- One hand incapacitated?: Just type with the other. The Half Keyboard is ideal for someone with a hand injury or disability.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Half-Keyboard - packaging
Half-Keyboard - various uses
- Width: 5.75" (14.6 cm)
- Depth (front to back): 3.15" (8.0 cm)
- Height: 0.71" (1.8 cm)
- Weight: 5.3 oz (150 grams)
- Keyswitch type: Scissor-switch membrane
- Keyswitch rating: 20 million actuations
- Compatibility: HK101:
Windows 95, 98, 2000, ME, XP
Mac OS X
- Interface: HK101:USB
- Warranty: 1 year warranty
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|HK101|| Half-Keyboard, USB|
|HK102|| Half-Keyboard, PS/2 DISPLAY MODEL|