| Additional Resources Usage Tips |
The Ergo Pro keyboard by Matias is the world's first adjustable, separated mechanical keyswitch keyboard. The heavy duty design ensures that this essential input device will hold up to the most intense workloads for high performance demanding users. The Matias Quiet Click mechanical keyswitches provide superior tactile feedback and the faster typing speeds often associated with mechanical keyswitches without the accompanying "click" of the switch and "clack" of the key bottoming out. Connected by a bridging cable, the separate left and right modules can be positioned to allow users of all sizes to avoid twisting at the shoulders, elbows or wrists.
The feet on the Ergo Pro offer two mutually exclusive orientations for the keyboard. The modules can be laterally tented 9° to create the "thumbs up" posture that reduces pronation while typing. Alternatively, the inclination of the keyboard (which is neutral by default) can be adjusted to a negative inclination of 4.5°. The efficient, symmetrical design yields a compact lateral footprint of 14.5" and this, combined with the embedded numeric keypad, greatly reduces the reach to the mouse. The spacious and generously padded palm supports are securely screwed to the keyboard, but can be removed if desired.
The Matias Quiet Click keyswitches also provide better resistance to crumbs and dust, and have a keyswitch rating of 50 million keystrokes. The key cap legends are laser etched and will not wear off even after intensive use. Bonus features include a 3-port hi-speed USB 2.0 hub and special Anti-Ghosting circuitry, which enables users to type as fast as they want without the fear of dropped characters. The Ergo Pro is available in both a PC and Mac model.
Note: With full separation the distance between index finger to index finger on the home row is around 17.5".
Improves Upper Body Posture
- The separated design of the Ergo Pro keyboard allows all users--whether small, medium or large framed--to position the left and right keyboard modules shoulder-width apart. This allows the shoulders, elbows, arms and wrists to relax into an anatomically neutral position, improving upper body posture and blood flow. Padded palm pads provide a comfortable base of support for outstretched forearms, leading to a reduction in the load that would otherwise be borne by the muscles of the shoulders.
Note: In contrast to wrist rests, palm pads are positioned under the heel of the hand, and place no potentially harmful pressure on the underside of the wrist.
Reduces Strain on Shoulder and Neck
- The compact symmetrical design of the Ergo Pro keyboard allows both left and right-handed users to keep the mouse within their own comfort zone, vastly reducing strain on the shoulder and neck muscles of the mousing side.
Note: The term "compact" refers to the reduced distance from the home row on a single side of a keyboard to the mouse, which is typically achieved by eliminating the number pad. The term does not refer to the width of a keyboard as a whole. As such, even with left and right modules shoulder-width apart, the Ergo Pro keyboard is compact in design.
Reduces Shoulder, Upper Back, Elbow and Wrist Pain
- Using a standard keyboard, many users, especially those with a larger build, tend to allow their shoulders to curl forward as they type. This posture compresses the chest and overstretches the upper back. Other users might sit more upright, but to position their fingers on the home row they tend to tuck their elbows in to their sides and bend their fingers outwards at the wrists (a position known as "ulnar deviation"). This dual strain at the elbows and the wrists can lead to pain in the soft tissues surrounding both joints. With the left and right modules of the Ergo Pro keyboard separated to shoulder width apart, the posture of the entire upper body improves. The shoulders become square, opening up the chest and relieving the strain on the upper back, and the arms, elbows, wrists and hands can relax into a more anatomically neutral and ergonomically beneficial alignment. Learn More About Ulnar Deviation
Reduces Forearm, Wrist and Hand Pain
- With the left and right modules of the Ergo Pro separated to shoulder width apart, upper body posture is improved, and the user is able to maintain a more comfortably neutral position through the shoulders, arms, and elbows. "Ulnar deviation" (where the fingers must bend outward at the wrist to reach the home row and which is a known risk factor for wrist pain), is eliminated and the forearm, wrist and hands remain comfortably aligned throughout the work session. Sturdy palm supports address another risk factor. By preventing the wrists from gradually dropping to the desktop as the user works, wrist extension (an upward bend at the wrist) is vastly reduced. Wrist extension is a known contributor to the development of numbness, tingling and weakness in the forearms, wrists, hands and fingers. Wrist extension can be further reduced by tilting the keyboard to its 4.5° negative incline (i.e. with the front higher than the back). Learn More About Wrist Extension
Reduces Pain in the Hands and Elbows
- When tented, the Ergo Pro keyboard is higher in the centre. This configuration tilts the hands so that the thumbs are higher than the little fingers, a position that causes less strain on the muscles of the forearm than the traditional, pronated, or 'palms down' position. The result is reduced fatigue and pain in the muscles of the elbow, forearm and hand. Learn More About Pronation
Reduces Jarring Impact on the Fingers
- Mechanical keyswitches do not need to strike the bottom of the keyboard to generate the keystroke. This feature, especially in combination with the full key travel distance (3.5 mm) and tactile feedback (indicating the point at which the keystroke has been actuated) means that users soon learn to use a lighter touch on a mechanical keyswitch than they would on a membrane or a scissor switch key. The result is often a considerable reduction in the amount of pain and fatigue experienced in the hands and fingers.
Improves Typing Speed and Accuracy
- Slightly concave key caps help users remain oriented on the home row, and enhance keying accuracy; tactile feedback when the keystroke is actuated discourages users from pressing a key down more than it needs to be, allowing a faster transition from key to key.
- Matias Quiet Click Mechanical Keyswitches: Custom-engineered by Matias, the durable mechanical keyswitches are quiet enough to use in an office environment, and are almost as quiet as conventional rubber dome keyboards. However, they still provide the tactility and high performance demanded by experienced, proficient typists.
- Tenting and Tilting Options: Three adjustable feet on each side of the keyboard give users the option of tenting the keyboard at a 9° angle or of tilting it at a 4.5° negative tilt, in addition to using it flat.
- Narrow Housing: At only 14.5" wide, the Ergo Pro Low Force Keyboard presents a very small footprint for an adjustable or separated keyboard.
- Removeable Palm Supports: Palm supports, covered in breathable fabric, are securely attached with six large Phillips-head screws but can be removed if preferred.
- Sculpted Key Caps: Slightly concave key caps on the majority of the keys help touch typists remain oriented on the home row, and significantly enhance keying accuracy.
- Large Ctrl Key on the Left Module: The large size and smoothly rounded shape make this frequently accessed modifier key especially easy to target, and more comfortable to hold down. A standard-sized Ctrl key is available on the right module.
- Easy to Reach Navigation and Cursor Keys: Navigation and cursor keys are grouped together, and positioned side-by-side, along the lower right edge of the right-hand module.
- Embedded Numeric Keypad: Much of the reduced width of a compact keyboard is achieved by eliminating the numeric keypad (usually seen on the right-hand side of standard-sized keyboards). The Ergo Pro keyboard substitutes an embedded numeric keypad on the right-hand module, allowing some keys to function as letters or as a numeric keypad. This embedded numeric keypad can be toggled on and off by holding down the function (Fn) key and pressing the number 6.
- Anti-Ghosting Circuitry: Also called "n-key rollover," anti-ghosting circuitry allows the keyboard to keep up with even the fastest typists without dropping or adding characters.
- Hotkeys for Frequently Used Functions: Dedicated hotkeys for Undo, Cut, Copy and Paste are positioned along the left edge of the keyboard.
- Laser Etched Keys: Legends are burned into the key caps with a laser, so they will never wear off.
- Media Controls: Holding down the function (Fn) key allows access to shortcuts for Volume Up/Down, Mute, Pause/Play, Next Track and Previous Track.
- Built-in USB 2.0 Hub: Three USB 2.0 ports on the keyboard allow users to plug in additional devices such as flash drives and mice.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Matias Ergo Pro Keyboard
Matias Ergo Pro Keyboard - End Profile
Matias Ergo Pro Keyboard
Matias Ergo Pro Keyboard Profile
Matias Ergo Pro Keyboard With Negative Profile
Matias Quiet Click Mechanical Keyswitch Specs
Matias Ergo Pro Keyboard - Dip Switch Configurations
Matias Ergo Pro Keyboard - Key Layout for PC
Matias Ergo Pro Keyboard - Key Layout for MAC
Matias Ergo Pro Keyboard - Coloured Pad Support Accessories
Matias Ergo Pro Keyboard - Tenting
Matias Ergo Pro Keyboard - Negative Tilt
New 3D Interactive Virtual Product
- Width, with no Separation: 14.5" (36.8 cm)
- Depth, with Palm Pads: 9" (22.86 cm)
- Depth, without Palm Pads: 6.5" (16.5 cm)
- Height, Flat: 1.3" (3.5 cm)
- Maximum Height, Tented: 2.25" (5.7 cm)
- Maximum Height, Inclined: 1.6" (4 cm)
- Weight: 3.73 lbs (1692 grams)
- Keyswitch Type: Mechanical (Matias Quiet Click tactile sound-dampened keyswitch)
- Keyswitch Rating: 50 million actuations
- Peak Key Force: 65 grams
- Key Travel Distance: 3.5 mm
- USB Cable Length: 6.5' (2 m)
- Standard Bridge Cable: 7.25" (18.4 cm)
- Retractable Bridge Cable: 17" (43 cm)
- Interface: USB
- Compatibility: PC or Mac with USB Port (physical switch under the right ALT key can reconfigure the PC legended model to be compatible with Mac systems, and the Mac legended model to be compatible with PC systems)
- Warranty: 2 Year Limited
- Package Contents: Ergo Pro Keyboard (one left and one right module), 7.25" Short Bridge Cable (if user is not separating the modules significantly), 17" Retractable Bridge Cable, 6.5' USB Cable, Removable Palm Supports (one left and one right), six Phillips-head screws, User's Manual.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|FK403QPC|| Ergo Pro for PC|
|FK403Q|| Ergo Pro for Mac|
|BC403-F|| Bridging Cable Accessory Kit (20 cm)|
|BC403-R|| Retractable Bridging Cable Accessory Kit (43 cm)|
|BC403-F2|| Bridging Cable Accessory Kit (200 cm)|
|PS403-B|| Palm Support Accessory Kit, Black|
|PS403-R|| Palm Support Accessory Kit, Red|
|PS403-DB|| Palm Support Accessory Kit, Dark Blue|
|PS403-W|| Palm Support Accessory Kit, White|
|PS403-LB|| Palm Support Accessory Kit, Light Blue|