Page last updated: Thu, 18-Apr-2019 14:55:45
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
LEVO G2 Book Holder Floor Standby Levo
| Additional Resources |
The LEVO G2 Book Holder Floor Stand allows users to read without having to hold the book in their hands. Offering an extensive range of adjustment via six different movement options, the Levo G2 allows users to position books—weighing up to four pounds—at eye level and at the most comfortable angle for reading. The LEVO G2 works equally well whether the reader is lying down, reclined, seated or standing up. It can be used to read in bed or on the couch, while working out, or while performing household tasks. Able to extend to the left and to the right of furniture, the LEVO G2 Book Holder can help to alleviate pain and fatigue in the neck, shoulders, upper back and hands caused by arching the neck or dropping the head forward, by sitting or lying in awkward postitions, and by holding heavy reading materials.
The LEVO G2 Book Holder Floor Stand replaces the original LEVO Bookholder Free-Standing model. This new model features the same weighted, wheeled base that has for many years provided readers with both stability and mobility, and now includes the improved adjustment capabilities of the G2 arm. The G2 arm features tabbed locking clasps and a larger diameter upright support to make repositioning easier for users whose strength is limited. No tools are required for set-up or adjustment.
Note: Those who read on tablets or eReaders in addition to printed books may wish to consider purchasing the LEVO G2 Deluxe Floor Stand for iPads, Tablets and eReaders, and then adding the optional LEVO G2 Book Platform Kit (33701). This product selection offers the greatest flexibility for those whose reading material is in different formats.
Reduces Strain and Fatigue
- The design of the G2 allows the user to sit or lie in the most relaxed position when reading a book. This eliminates hunching and will reduce strain in the back, neck, shoulders, and arms.
Hands Free - No Need to Grip
- The G2 Book Holder is able to securely support magazines, paperbacks, textbooks and hardcovers. Capable of holding up to 4 lbs, the G2 gives users a second set of hands, eliminating the strain of supporting the weight of the book in awkward postures. The hands are left free to rest or to engage in other activities, while the user is also able to read from more suitable elevation or angle
Increases Overall Comfort
- The versatile movements of the LEVO G2 Book Holder allow users to avoid any awkward positions, maximizing comfort.
- The user can quickly adjust the height to ensure an optimal ergonomic viewing angle and position.
- The LEVO G2 arm is easily stored out of the way when changing activities, but can quickly be returned to the original position since the book platform height and orientation are not impacted by the lateral arm movement.
- 5 Axis Articulating Swing Arm: This allows the user to position their reading materials in the most comfortable, ergonomic reading position. This reduces awkward positions, tired arms, and neck pain while reading.
- Compatible With Most Printed Materials: Supports magazines, textbooks, paperbacks and hardcovers up to 4 pounds.
- 360° Book Platform Rotation: The book platform rotates to any angle (support flanges are only along the lower edge of the book platform).
- Mobile: Convenient wheeled base allows the LEVO to be rolled from room to room or any desired location.
- Stable Robust Base Design: The heavy duty 20 pound cast-iron base makes the G2 a remarkably stable piece of furniture.
- No Clearance Required: The cantilever design of the arm does not require any clearance under furniture. However, where there is more than 4" of clearance the base can be rolled below other furniture to further extend the reach.
- Safe and Secure: Books strap firmly to the book platform, and are secure enough to be positioned even face-down.
- Easy Height Adjustment At Two Points: The height is easy to adjust with quick lever height adjustment locks.
- Precision Adjustment: Pivot point at the base of the book platform allows the reader to choose their ideal reading angle.
- Can Be Used Lying Down: The Levo is able to hold books even in an inverted face-down position which allows the user to read lying in bed.
- Adjustable Pivot Resistance: Pivot resistance is adjustable, providing the user with the freedom to have movement without their reading material floating away as pages are turned.
- Height Range: Range of movement is between 30" and 56" (measured from floor to center of book platform).
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
LEVO G2 Book Holder Floor Stand - Just Lie Back and Relax
LEVO G2 Book Holder Floor Stand - Rolling Base Goes Anywhere
LEVO G2 Book Holder Floor Stand - For Leisure, Studying or Work
LEVO G2 Book Holder Floor Stand - Convenient Clamps for Height Adjustment
LEVO G2 Book Holder Floor Stand - Versatile Adjustment
- Set your LEVO G2 Book Holder to a height which eliminates a bent neck (either up or down). This will reduce the risk of tension developing in your neck while reading.
- Since you want to be as relaxed as possible while reading, a pillow or neck support which lets you rest your head can be of great benefit. This gives the muscles of the neck and shoulders a break and can actually have a refreshing effect. As these muscles are usually occupied with supporting the head, especially when the neck is bent, poor reading posture can put a constant heavy load on them.
- Ensure that your reading materials are at a height suited to your viewing capabilities. If you have progressive or multifocal lenses you will want to position them lower than users who do not require this type of corrective lens. However, when doing so always ensure that your neck is at a neutral alignment, directly above the shoulders.
- When using your LEVO G2 Book Holder ensure that you have sufficient lighting to properly illuminate your reading material. Positioning your lighting source from behind you and to the side will reduce the risk of glare. Choose a "colour" of light which is "warmer" or yellower. While "blue" light is closer to the natural spectrum and does provide excellent illumination many users find that it also creates eyestrain. In addition, if you are reading closer to bedtime the "blue" light has also been identified as having negative impacts on the production of melatonin, a hormone which induces sleep, and as a result can result in delays in falling asleep as well as lest restful sleep. New LED lighting is often in the "blue" range, so be careful when making your selection.
- USE your LEVO - While it may be more convenient at times to just pick up a book and read, remember that what often starts out as a short reading session can easily turn into hours. Once you start reading you will probably be preoccupied with the reading and won't think to place your reading material on the LEVO. As a result you would lose out on the benefits of your LEVO during that period.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|33760|| LEVO G2 Book Holder Floor Stand, Gun Metal|
|33707|| MTM LEVO Dual Clamp Cradle Accessory Kit for LEVO G2 without Key Lock Get a $25 Instant Rebate when purchased with a 33768, 33770, or 33771|