Page last updated: Fri, 17-May-2019 15:21:53
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
Volante HD42 Desktop Sit-Stand Workstationby KV Waterloo
| Usage Tips Accessories |
The Volante HD42 Desktop Sit-Stand Workstation from KV Waterloo comes bundled with a sturdy dual-monitor clamp mount monitor arm and can be placed on virtually any fixed-height desk to provide users with an instant dual monitor sit-stand solution. With a 42" wide work surface the HD42 version of the Volante is able to accommodate dual 27" monitors, monitor arms (single or dual), laptops with secondary monitors, or even an Apple iMac. It will fit any desk with a depth equal to or greater than the 23.2" footprint depth. This well-engineered product provides a full 13.8" of height adjustment range. Keyboard height will adjust from roughly 1" to 14.8" above the surface and the upper work surface from 6.2" to 20".
A right hand paddle release enables the user to adjust the height to any point throughout the entire lifting range. Gas cylinders provide lift assistance to minimize the effort required to make adjustments and the unique locking system offers infinite adjustment throughout the entire range. Regardless of the height, the Volante HD42 provides a highly stable work surface and keyboard tray, with no detectable wobbling or movement of the mechanism. The cantilever design of the Volante means that as it rises it also moves out and towards the user, requiring them to step back and away to accommodate the new positioning.
The upper platform for monitor, tablets, or documents is 42" wide by 15.7" deep while the keyboard and mouse tray is 26.4" wide by 13" deep. The keyboard tray features a tilting mechanism (± 10°) so users can adjust the keyboard inclination to provide for optimal neutral alignment of their wrists. Three 2" grommet holes at the rear of the upper platform can serve as cable guides as well as for attaching a monitor arm should greater elevation be required.
The bundled dual monitor arm is a "clamp-mount" that attaches over the rear edge of the worksurface. It can elevate the VESA mounting point for the monitors up 16" above the mounting surface. Each monitor mount is equipped with tilt and pan and the 3-section crossbeam also articulates to accommodate a cockpit-style workstation layout.
Reduces the Risks Associated with Extended Sitting
- Studies have shown that sitting (and even standing) for prolonged periods of time is a risk factor for health. For those who work at stationary workstations, a desk that gives the user the option to sit and stand throughout the day will help break up those prolonged periods of unhealthy stationary work. The Volante HD42 Desktop Sit-Stand Workstation allows the user to adjust the height of the workstation to accommodate both sitting and standing positions whenever desired.
Effortless Height Adjustment
- The Volante Desktop Sit-Stand Workstation provides locking along a continuous range from 6.2" to 20" for the work surface and 1" to 14.6" for the keyboard tray, allowing users to quickly and precisely adjust the height of the Volante to the optimal height for the desired workstation configuration (sitting, standing, or anything in-between).
Reduces the Risks Associated with Overreaching The included dual monitor arm leaves the work surface clear for those who need to maximize the value of the workspace.
- The Volante HD42 Desktop Sit-Stand Workstation provides a 42" x 15.7" shallow working area for up to two 27" monitors and other office devices such as calculators, phones, and tablets. Learn More About the Comfort Zone
- Free Standing (No Drilling or Clamping): The Volante HD42 Desktop Sit-Stand Workstation is ideal for organizations that prohibit drilling into the desk, or clamping onto its edge. The wide footprint of the base allows the unit to be positioned on a desk top without creating a tipping hazard. Pads underneath the base prevent scuffing or scratching of the desktop.
- Dual Monitor Mounting: The larger work surface of the Volante HD42 (42" wide) provides enough space for two 27" monitors (with their stands attached) to comfortably rest on but comes bundled with a pole-style articulating dual monitor arm that leaves the entire work surface accessible for documents as needed.
- Gas Cylinder Mechanism: The Volante utilizes two gas cylinders (one for each side) to help effortlessly move the work surface and keyboard tray up or down. Gas cylinders generally provide smoother movement than spring mechanisms and are quite dependable and durable over time.
- Tilt-Adjustable Keyboard Tray: The Volante also features a tilting mechanism of ± 10°, letting users incline their keyboard in an optimally neutral position for their wrists.
- Z-Style Vertical Motion: Many retrofit desktop units have a cantilevering mechanism that moves the work surface forward as it is raised. This motion pushes back the user from the desk and may be a problem where space is limited or when work surface objects are not properly attached to the work surface. However, the Z-Style mechanism can also be useful if there are shelving units above the back of the desk, since the cantilevering motion may help the desk clear the shelving unit when the desk is raised to the standing height.
- Continuous Height-Adjustment Locking: In order to provide as many height settings as possible within the range of height adjustment, the Volante has allows locking along a continuous range for standing. This makes it easier to achieve the optimal height settings regardless of who is using the device.
- Increased Keyboard Depth and Width: The keyboard tray on the Volante gives increased depth and width for the keyboard and tray, unlike many other retrofit desks. This allows ample room for a standard keyboard and mouse (with mousepad), including central pointing devices.
- No Assembly Required: The Volante is ready to use out of the box and can be set up in a few minutes. The monitor arm requires nominal assembly that can be completed in under 15 minutes.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Volante Desktop Sit-Stand Workstation with Monitor Arm - Sitting with Keyboard Tilted
Volante Desktop Sit-Stand Workstation with Monitor Arm - Standing
Volante Desktop Sit-Stand Workstation
- Mechanism: Gas-cylinder
- Worksurface Thickness: 0.5"
- Upper Surface Dimensions: 42" W x 15.7" D x 0.5" H
- Keyboard/MouseTray Dimensions: 26.4" W x 13" x 0.5" H
- Overall Adjustment Range: 13.8"
- Upper Surface Adjustment Range: 6.2" to 20" (above mounting surface)
- Keyboard/Mouse Surface Adjustment Range: 1" - 14.8" (above mounting surface)
- Adjustment Range Settings: Infinite Adjustment
- Weight Capacity: Up to 45 lbs (COMBINED), 40 lbs (Upper Surface), up to 5 lbs (Keyboard Tray)
- Colour: Black
- Warranty: 2 years on materials and workmanship, manufacturer direct only
- Package Contents: Volante Desktop Sit-Stand Workstation, Pole Clamp Dual Monitor Crossbar Mount Instructions
- Assembly Time: Volante - None (Pre-assembled), Monitor Arm - <15 Minutes.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|5230B002042|| Volante HD42 Desktop Sit-Stand Workstation with Dual Monitor Arm, Black|