Page last updated: Fri, 17-May-2019 15:20:51
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
Ovation Sit-Stand Keyboard Tray Systemby KV Waterloo
| Accessories |
The Ovation Sit-Stand Keyboard Tray System combines the proven quality and exceptional adjustment range of the Knape and Vogt Ovation Sit-Stand Keyboard Arm (23″ track) with the durability and low profile of the Fox Bay Industries' ABS Plastic Keyboard Trays. Multiple widths and depths of tray are available, permitting users to select the tray that will best accommodate their keyboard and mousing devices while still fitting within the space constraints of the workspace.
The high quality Ovation Sit-Stand Arm can comfortably meet the standing requirements for users up to 5'7". Taller users may still be able to take advantage of the product but may find that the keyboard is a bit low for standing applications. In addition, when moving to a standing position there needs to be consideration of monitor height which should also be addressed.
The durable design uses a near-effortless patented "Lift-N-Lock" counterbalance mechanism to adjust an attached tray from 5.9" below to a full 8.4" above the mounting point. A Height Indicator Gauge makes adjustment easy to measure. The inclination, or "tilt," of the tray can be adjusted from a negative inclination of -15° to +10° using a large Dial-a-Tilt knob that includes an "Inclination Gauge" (allowing the user to reposition at the desired angle). The 23″ long track achieves full storage of trays up to 11" in depth. Deeper trays such as the Extra-Deep Low Profile ABS Plastic Trays from Fox Bay Industries can also be used but will protrude by about 2".
The curved neck of the Ovation Sit-Stand Keyboard Tray System enables a much higher degree of elevation for the keyboard tray than the standard arm options. However, the arc of the arm does drop it down further below the tray which means that there is a slightly greater potential for it to come in contact with the knees, especially if the user draws the tray extremely close to themselves.
The arm swivels 360° for side to side movement and the 23" storage track allows the user to store the arm and tray out of the way when not in use. The high quality steel ball-bearing storage track has a much longer lifespan than the more common plastic glide systems used by most manufacturers and ensures years of smooth, virtually effortless storage movement.
The ABS Plastic Low Profile Trays are just 0.375" thick and are free of any surface obstructions, providing the greatest flexibility to the user in terms of arranging keyboards, mice, palm supports, etc. The rear edge has a Keyboard Guard which serves to keep both keyboard and mouse from slipping off the back edge when the tray is put in a negative inclination. It also protects the keyboard from the underside of the desk when stowing the tray (if the tray is too high, the "guard" will catch on the desk, protecting the keyboard from possible damage. Lastly, notches in this guard provide cable management for the keyboard and mouse.
Note: The Sit-Stand Keyboard Tray System will fully store trays up to 11" deep. Deeper 13" trays can also be mounted but the front 2" of the tray will project from below the desk when the Sit-Stand Arm is fully stored.
Reduces Strain on the Shoulder and Neck Muscles
- The Ovation Keyboard Tray System allows the keyboard and mouse to be positioned at the height and distance most comfortable for each individual user. When the keyboard and mouse are too high, as they often are for many users working at traditional fixed-height desks, users tend to compensate by raising their arms from the shoulders. This hunched posture, if sustained for longer than a few minutes, can lead to extreme tension and inflammation in the muscles of the neck, shoulders and upper back. With the Ovation Keyboard Tray System installed, users of all heights can ensure the muscles of the upper body will be relaxed.
Positions Keyboard and Mouse within the "Comfort Zone"
- The Ovation Keyboard Tray System allows users to position both devices comfortably close to the body, and at the same level relative to each other. Keeping frequently used devices within the Comfort Zone allows the muscles of the upper body to remain relaxed and reduces the risk of overreach injuries.Learn More About the Comfort Zone.
Allows Reference Materials to be Placed Inline
- Adding an Ovation Sit-Stand Keyboard Tray System to a workstation frees up space between the keyboard and monitor, allowing this area to be used for reference materials. Placing reference documents in line with the monitor(s) significantly reduces neck rotation and the resulting strain on the muscles of the neck and shoulders.
Encourages Correct Posture
- Using the Ovation Sit-Stand Keyboard Tray System to correctly position the keyboard and mouse eliminates any need to lean forward from the waist, or to perch on the edge of the chair. The user more easily adopts correct posture, with the shoulders back and relaxed, and can more readily take advantage of the lumbar support in the chair.
Enables Correct Viewing Distance
- The limited depth of many modern desks often positions the monitor(s) too close for comfortable viewing. In these circumstances the addition of an Ovation Sit-Stand Keyboard Tray System can effectively provide up to 18" of additional space between the user and the screen. This can be of special benefit to those who employ large screens or multiple monitors. For these users, the additional distance is sufficient to greatly reduce the degree of neck rotation required to see the entire viewing area.
Reduces Risk of Injury to the Wrist
- The ability to easily adjust the angle of the keyboard tray into a negative inclination (lower at the back than at the front) helps users prevent wrist extension. A keyboard with a neutral or negative inclination helps to reduce the risk of Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI) to the wrists. Learn More About Neutral or Negatively Inclined Keyboards
- A correctly positioned keyboard and mouse can significantly reduce fatigue. Awkward or incorrect placement of these devices results in constant physical exertion as the user is rarely able to relax the muscles. The Ovation Sit-Stand Keyboard Tray System helps to create an ergonomic work environment that relieves tension and stress on overworked muscle groups.
- Low-Profile Design: The Ovation Sit-Stand Keyboard Tray System relies on an "arced" support arm to achieve a much greater degree of elevation as compared to standard keyboard arms. This means that users up to 5'7" are generally able to comfortably use this as a Sit-Stand solution. The arcing arm does drop lower below the keyboard tray than traditional arms and for some users might allow for some knee contact.
- Ball-Bearing Storage Track: The storage tracks on the Ovation Keyboard Tray System are equipped with steel ball-bearings for many years of smooth, maintenance-free movement. Unlike plastic glides, which can deteriorate with age and begin to catch and bind, the ball-bearing track ensures virtually effortless movement throughout the life of the Ovation arm.
- Sit-Stand Height Adjustment Range: Ovation Sit-Stand Keyboard Tray Systems offer users an extensive range of height adjustment, up to 5.9" below and 8.4" above the track mounting point.
- 360° Swivel Joint: The articulating arm is secured to the ball-bearing track with a 360° swivel joint. The ability to fully rotate the arm at this joint makes the Ovation Keyboard Tray System a versatile option for most commercial single-user or multi-user computer workstations, and a viable solution for improvised computer workstations or those with non-standard dimensions. At the majority of computer desks, with the ball-bearing track installed in its usual perpendicular position, the swivel joint gives users additional usage and storage options along with the noted ergonomic benefits. At a narrow, improvised, or otherwise suboptimal computer station the track can be installed at an angle, or even horizontally beneath the desk, and the swivel joint will enable the articulating arm (i.e. the portion on which the keyboard tray will be mounted) to be swiveled forward into the correct ergonomic position for the user.
- Extended Neck: The Ovation Keyboard Tray System feature a 7.5" long neck that can provide a particularly effective solution for taller users at corner work stations. Mounted to this longer arm, the keyboard tray can be pulled far enough forward that the back corners of the tray completely clear the underside of the desk, allowing the tray to be positioned higher than the surface of the desk.
- Patented Spring-Assisted Lift N' Lock Counter Balancing System: The Spring-Assisted Lift N' Lock mechanism allows the mounted tray to be raised and lowered effortlessly by hand.
- Patented Dial-a-Tilt Adjustment: The incline of the keyboard tray mounted on the arm can be easily adjusted by hand. The patented, clearly marked dial on the front of the mechanism offers a full 25° range of adjustment (+10° positive tilt to -15° negative tilt) to accommodate most usage scenarios. The pointer clearly confirms the resulting angle of the tray as adjustments are made.
- Non-Marring Durable Finish: Ovation Sit-Stand Keyboard Arms are finished with a flat black wrinkle finish paint that resists fingerprints and marring. The Foxbay Low Profile ABS Plastic Trays have a textured upper surface that resists marking.
- NOTE: May Require Monitor Elevation: Adopting an elevated standing position will raise the optimum viewing position for monitors. For optimum positioning monitors should be mounted to height adjustable arms that will permit easy adjustment between sitting and standing.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Ovation Sit-Stand Keyboard Tray System - Highly Adjustable
Ovation Sit-Stand Keyboard Tray System - Fully Stores up to 11" Deep Trays
Ovation Sit-Stand Keyboard Tray System - Mechanism
Ovation Sit-Stand Keyboard Tray System - Specs
Foxbay ABS Plastic Low Profile Tray
Keyboard Systems Tray Selection Guide
- Keyboard Tray Systems - Tray Selection Guide: PDF
- Tray Thickness: 0.375" (1 cm)
- Width of Storage Track: 5.875" (14.9 cm)
- Depth (front to back) of Storage Track: 8674D23: 23" (58.4 cm)
- Height Adjustment:
Max Height Above Mounting Point: 8.4" (21.3 cm)
Max Height Below Mounting Point: 5.9" (15.0 cm)
- Tilt Adjustment: +10° to -15°
- Height Adjustment Mechanism: Lift and Lock
- Tilt Mechanism: Dial-a-Tilt
- Track Mechanism: Steel Ball Bearings
- Tilt Indicator: Present
- Load Rating: 100 lbs (45.4 kg)
Ovation Leverless Arm: 15 Year Limited, Manufacturer Direct
Foxbay Low Profile Tray: 25 Years Limited, Manufacturer Direct
- System Contents:
23" Ovation Sit-Stand Keyboard Arm, Mounting Template and Instructions, Mounting Hardware
Foxbay Low Profile ABS Plastic Tray (size varies with selection), Mounting Hardware
- Select the Tray that will provide both sufficient depth and width for the devices that will be deployed on it. Those using Central Pointing Devices will benefit from the greater depth of a 13" deep tray. Possible future use of a Central Pointing Device could also be considered. Ensure that there is sufficient space for the width of tray selected and take into account storage considerations as not all trays will fully store below the desk top with every System.
- Choose the right model for the space available. When planning for a Sit-Stand workspace the Ovation Sit-Stand Keyboard Tray System is the logical choice but it needs to offer the necessary range of elevation (i.e. taller users will need to consider other alternatives). The 23" system fits most standard desks and allows an 11" keyboard tray to be fully retracted beneath the desk. In right angled corner applications it is often advisable to install a Corner Converter to create a straight-edged worksurface to bridge the right angled corner. The keyboard arm can be mounted to the underside of the installed Corner Converter (at the front), as well as the desk itself (at the rear), to create a usable worksurface with full keyboard tray storage.
Note: When measuring to determine the available mounting space it is important to measure the underside of the desk to ensure you factor in hidden obstacles such as privacy panels, and to ensure no other desk hardware could interfere with the mounting of the track or with the tray as it is being stored.
- Adjust the height of the keyboard tray. To adjust the height of the keyboard tray, gently grasp the sides of the tray in each hand and tilt the front upwards to release the locking mechanism. Move the tray to the desired height and lower the front edge to engage the lock once again.
- Optimize the height and angle of the tray. When setting the height and angle of your keyboard tray make sure you achieve as neutral a posture as possible. Your shoulders should be relaxed (neither hunched nor hanging), your elbows should be at an angle of about 90° or slightly more open, and an imaginary line through the back of your wrists to your forearms should be reasonably straight. Learn More About Correctly Adjusting Your Keyboard Tray
- Use the Ovation Sit-Stand Keyboard Tray System to bring your mouse and keyboard to you rather than reaching forward for them. Employ the simple height adjustment and smooth, ball-bearing track to draw these devices to where they best serve your needs.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|8674D23-FB-T30x11|| 23" Sit-Stand Storage Track, 30"Wx11"D Tray|
|8674D23-FB-T27x11|| 23" Sit-Stand Storage Track, 27"Wx11"D Tray|
|8674D23-FB-T24x11|| 23" Sit-Stand Storage Track, 24"Wx11"D Tray|
|8674D23-FB-T30x13|| 23" Sit-Stand Storage Track, 30"Wx13"D Tray|
|8674D23-FB-T27x13|| 23" Sit-Stand Storage Track, 27"Wx13"D Tray|
|8674D23-FB-T24x13|| 23" Sit-Stand Storage Track, 24"Wx13"D Tray|
|8674D23-FB-T24x9|| 23" Sit-Stand Storage Track, 24"Wx9"D Tray|