Page last updated: Tue, 16-Jul-2019 13:50:47
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
Allegretto Height Adjustable Table Baseby KV Waterloo
| Additional Resources Accessories |
The Allegretto Height Adjustable Table Base from KV Waterloo is an extra-smooth and quiet electric adjustable width table base capable of supporting table tops from 48" to 90" in width and 24" to 30" (or deeper) in depth. It is available in 2- or 3-leg configurations. Easy to assemble in less than 30 minutes, the Allegretto has an adjustable height range from 23.9" to 49.5" with an adjustment speed of 1.6 inches per second. In addition, a six-button programmable switch with 4 presets allows the user to save height settings according to individual needs. The base can also lift weights up to 264 lbs and has built-in Anti-Collision protection in the event that the table collides with a fixed object while moving up or down, in which case it will stop and reverse direction.
The stylish design adds a modern clean look to any office environment, largely due to the absence of a lower crossbar. This base is also UL, CSA and CE certified with a 5 year mechanical and 2 year electrical warranty.
NOTE:DIADEM, Conset or iMovR Table Tops can all be used with this base, or you may provide your own custom-made or pre-existing table top.
Reduces the Risks Associated with Extended Sitting
- Studies have shown that sitting (and even standing) for prolonged periods of time is a risk factor for health. For those who work at stationary workstations, a desk that gives the user the option to sit and stand throughout the day will help break up those prolonged periods of unhealthy stationary work. The Allegretto Height Adjustable Table Base allows the user to quickly adjust the height of the entire work surface to accommodate sitting, leaning and standing positions whenever desired.
Reduces the Risks Associated with Overreaching
- Allegretto Height Adjustable Table Bases raise and lower the entire work surface. This means that all required materials and devices can easily be kept within the ideal Comfort Zone. Smaller retrofit style units generally provide a much smaller work area and can require regular reaching outside the Comfort Zone. Learn More About the Comfort Zone.
Accommodates Nearly All Users
- The range of adjustment on the Allegretto frame is sufficient to accommodate sitting, leaning and standing heights for users ranging from 5' 5" up to 6' 6".
Accommodates Nearly All Users
- The Allegretto Height Adjustable Table frames enable users to sit, lean or stand during their daily work. Transitioning between these positions encourages greater activity in the work place, bringing associated health benefits as workers are able to move away from a completely sedentary environment.
- The ability to vary posture between traditional seated, leaning and standing positions increases circulation throughout the body and reduces fatigue in the feet and legs (from standing for extended periods), and lower back (from sitting for extended periods).
Facilitates a Complete Ergonomic Workstation
- Full travel sit-stand height adjustable bases such as the Allegretto are the ideal foundation for a complete ergonomic workstation. All other sit-stand workstation retrofit solutions sacrifice something. For some it is the limited dimensions of the accessible workspace, for others it is the limited range of height adjustment (above the desk only), and for others it is stability. For a surprising number of these it can be 2 or all 3 of these that are lost. The ability to raise and lower the entire work surface to the appropriate height for keyboard positioning means that a full height-adjustable base can meet the keyboarding needs of virtually any user, regardless of their stature. An appropriate monitor arm with a sufficient range can provide the necessary additional elevation for monitors when in a standing position. The result will be a workstation capable of meeting the needs of virtually any user, regardless of their workstation requirements when sitting, standing or leaning.
- Programmable 6-Button Control: The convenient control panel offers 4 One-Touch preset height options as well as manual Up/Down buttons for fine tuning height preferences. A clear digital readout displays current height setting and programming details.
Note: Programmable presets should always be fine tuned to account for the time of day (i.e. by afternoon users are no longer standing as upright or tall as in the morning), height of shoes, etc.
- Clean Styling: The Allegretto bases feature clean lines that will fit in any office setting and are available in a Silver (Grey) powder coated finish.
- Width Adjustable: The 2-Leg Allegretto Height Adjustable Table Base adjusts from 46.6" up to 75.4" in width and can accommodate tops from 48" to 96" in width. This means it can be used to mount virtually any size of standard desk top. The 3-Leg Corner version expands from 58.9" to 75.4" along both sides.
- Accepts a Variety of Desk Top Sizes: The 2-Leg Allegretto frame is available in two models, one for 24" deep desk tops and another for 30" or deeper tops. 24" deep tops will require the shallower 23.6" deep feet while 30" or deeper tops should be mounted on the 29.75" foot model for greater stability. The mounting brackets for the top are 22.8" deep which means that this frame can accept tops as shallow as 23". The feet on the 3-leg model are all 23.6".
- C-Frame Design: Allegretto frames feature a C-Frame design which positions the upright support legs further to the back of the frame. Because the legs are moved further to the back there is less potential for the uprights to interfere with movement within a workspace. The C-Frame design also moves the upper crossbeam which runs across below the desk slightly further towards the rear of the desk top which may offer slightly improved mounting space for a keyboard tray if desired.
Please Note: Most sit-stand desks do not accommodate standard "tracked" keyboard tray mechanisms. Some shorter tracks may fit in some scenarios and there are also "trackless" options available. However, fully height adjustable desks can be used to position the keyboard at the optimum height so consider adding an adjustable monitor arm to the workstation to provide appropriate monitor positioning. The result will be a more versatile and adaptable workstation.
- Anti-Collision Safety Feature: If the table top meets a fixed obstacle while moving in either an upward or downward direction, the desk frame will stop.
- "Soft Start" Feature: Allegretto frames have a soft-start feature which eliminates the potential for abrupt starts or stops that may damage keyboards by wasting good coffee.
- Triple Nesting Columns: The nested telescoping legs provide over 25.5" of height adjustment with minimal effect on stability even when at maximum height.
- Adjustable Levelling Feet: The base includes adjustable feet which can be adjusted to ensure the base is level and to compensate for floor unevenness.
- UL, CSA and CE Certified: The Allegretto Height Adjustable Table Frames are UL, CSA, and CE Certified.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Allegretto Height Adjustable 2-Leg Table Base
Allegretto Height Adjustable 3-Leg Table Base
Allegretto Height Adjustable 2-Leg Table Base with 24" Feet - Specs
Allegretto Height Adjustable 2-Leg Table Base with 30" Feet - Specs
Allegretto Height Adjustable 3-Leg Table Base with 24" Feet - Specs
Allegretto Height Adjustable 3-Leg Table Base with 30" Feet - Specs
- Height Adjustment Range: 23.9" - 49.5" (60.7 - 125.7 cm) - without top
- Rate of Height Adjustment: 1.6" (41 mm) / second
- Width (adjustable):
- TCSS24A36: 46.6" - 75.4" (118.4 cm - 191.5 cm)
- TCSS30A36: 46.6" - 75.4" (118.4 cm - 191.5 cm)
- TCSL24A36: 58.9" - 75.4" (118.4 cm - 194.6 cm) for both lengths
- Depth (Feet):
- TCSS24A36: 23.6" (60 cm)
- TCSS30A36: 29.5" (75 cm)
- TCSL24A36: 23.6" (60 cm)
- Depth (Table Supports): 22.8" (57.9 cm)
- Width (Feet): 3.125"
- Width (Top of Legs): 1.25" (3.2 cm)
- Maximum Load: 264 lbs (120 kg)
- Programmability: Four-memory/six-button programmable height adjustment mechanism
- Standby Power Consumption: 0.06W
- Certifications: Yes, UL, CSA and CE Certifications
- Top Crossbeam Removable?: NO
- Anti-Collision Protection: Yes (stops and reverses direction)
- Warranty: 5 year mechanical and 2 year electrical warranty
- Package Contents: Allegretto Height Adjustable Table Base, Assembly Hardware, Assembly Instructions.
- Estimated Assembly Time: 20-30 minutes (1 person). Mounting a top to the frame should take no more than 5 - 10 minutes - a second person is recommended.
- Tool Required: Allen Wrenches (included). Installation of top and control panel will require a Phillips screwdriver.
- Don't stand for too long. Certainly in the initial period, limit your standing to 15 to 20 minutes per session unless you are already used to extended standing
- Switch! Set a notification on your computer or phone to remind you to switch between sitting and standing on a regular basis. Doing so will help you develop the habit of switching throughout the day.
- Don't just stand there! Try to consciously use your leg and core muscles as you stand. Allow your body to shift and especially make a point of moving and flexing your leg muscles. By doing so, you encourage healthy blood flow in the lower legs. This can help you avoid the problems that can arise when people stand for a long time without moving.
- Be sure to consider your height as you position your desk. Be aware that the height of your heels and even the time of day will affect your standing height. Over the course of the day most people will lose about a half-inch in height, possibly more. Ensure that you adjust the desk accordingly to achieve a neutral posture.
- Try to avoid high heels if you plan to stand while you work. These will tire your feet and increase the risk of damage to the structures of your feet and lower leg.
- Consider an anti-fatigue mat. Many users find that standing is actually tiring, especially so with the hard surfaced floors on which most people work. The shortnap carpet that is common in many office or retail environments does little to mitigate the rigidity of the concrete it usually covers. A good mat can leave you much less fatigued at the end of the day as it encourages flexing of the feet and lower leg muscles. If you wish to regularly switch between standing and sitting you will want a mat which can be easily moved when transitioning between the two positions. For available options, visit our Anti-Fatigue Mats category.
- Try leaning. If you discover that you like working in an upright position but find that extended standing fatigues your body you may wish to consider one of the many seating options designed for working at elevated desks. These reduce the load on your feet by letting you transfer the majority of your weight to the seat. The "almost upright" stance provides most of the mobility and range of movement that standing offers, while reducing the risk of fatigue. The leaning position also helps you transition effortlessly to a standing position. For available options, visit our "Lean Into" Seating category.
- If leaning doesn't appeal but you still want to break away from the traditional "sitting" you may wish to consider a Saddle Seat. Saddle seats offer many of the benefits of standing or leaning but without the tiring effect that these postures can have. Because the seat bears your weight your feet and legs are able to relax and flex which encourages better circulation. When properly seated on a saddle seat your pelvis is also rotated forward which restores natural alignment to the back, encouraging proper posture and keeping you sitting upright. Saddle sitting also offers a much greater degree of mobility and reach and encourages a more active approach to working. Because you must maintain your posture you become more actively engaged and alert which is also assisted by improved circulation as you move and flex your legs and upper torso. A variety of Saddle seats are included in our Saddle Seating Section.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|TCSS24A36|| KV Waterloo Allegretto Height Adjustable 2-Leg Table Base, Foot Size 24", Silver (Grey)|
|TCSS30A36B|| KV Waterloo Allegretto Height Adjustable 2-Leg Table Base, Foot Size 30", Black|
|TCSS30A36S|| KV Waterloo Allegretto Height Adjustable 2-Leg Table Base, Foot Size 30", Silver (Grey)|
|TCLS24A36|| KV Waterloo Allegretto Height Adjustable 3-Leg Table Base, Foot Size 24", Silver (Grey)|