| Additional Resources Accessories |
The Single Pedal Accessory for Savant Elite2 is an add-on pedal that must be connected to a programmable (jack-equipped) Savant Elite2 Foot Pedal or to a stand-alone control module. (i.e. the accessory pedal is not programmable and has no control module of its own.) When connected, the Single Pedal Accessory can be used to generate any command assigned to the associated jack, such as mouse clicks, combination keyboard shortcuts and multi-key macros. An additional pedal provides access to a greater number of commands and functions, and allows the user to further reduce the load on the hands and fingers. The accessory can be positioned up to ten feet away from the control module.
The Single Pedal Accessory for Savant Elite2 has a low-profile housing and is hinged at the front, enabling the user to rest the foot on the pedal with minimum risk of accidental activation. The pedal also features independent tension adjustment to allow the user to personalize the degree of activation resistance, and threaded inserts and adhesive velcro tabs to secure it in place.
Reduces Strain on Fingers
- The highly repetitive actions associated with mouse clicking can greatly increase finger fatigue and the risk of developing joint pain, especially for those who use non-ergonomic mice. A foot pedal can address these concerns by transfering mouse-clicking actions from the fingers to the foot.
Reduces the Potential for Trigger Finger
- "Hovering" a finger over a mouse button in anticipation of the next click can lead to the development of a condition known as "Trigger Finger." By transferring the left click--the most common mouse action--to the foot, the user can significantly reduce the risk of developing this problem. Transferring the left click to the foot also allows the entire hand to relax more completely, which may lead to better cursor control.
Reduces Awkward Reaching
- Hands and fingers can be overstressed by constantly performing awkward combination keystrokes or by straining to reach a key on the outer edges of the keyboard. By programming a foot pedal to perform these complex keying or button actions as a single command, users can give their fingers and hands a rest without sacrificing productivity.
Accessible from a Distance
- The extra cord length on the accessory pedal (10'), allows this footswitch to be placed at a distance from the control module. The footswitch can then be used in places or situations where it would otherwise be awkward or impossible to place the main control module.
- Adjustable Activation Force: The Single Pedal Accessory features an activation force adjustment which enables users to determine the level of resistance that works best for them.
- Long Connection Cord: The 10' connection cord on the Single Pedal Accessory enables users to position pedals at a significant distance from the primary pedal or control module. The result is greater flexibility in the layout of the workstation.
- Universal Connection: The Single Pedal Accessory uses a 1/8" (3.5 mm) phono plug for connection. This connection is commonly used in many of the custom programming modules available for daily computer use or in the assistive technology field.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Single Pedal Accessory for Savant Elite2
- Width: 2.6" (6.6 cm)
- Depth (front to back): 3.5" (8.9 cm)
- Height: 1.0" (2.5 cm)
- Weight: 0.7 lb (320 grams)
- Cable Length: 10' (3.0 m)
- Compatibility: Switch enabled devices
- Interface: 0.125" (3.5mm)
- Materials: Glass-reinforced nylon
- Warranty: 2 years
- Package Contents: Single Pedal Accessory for Savant Elite2, Adhesive Velcro Tabs
- Position the Foot Pedal for Your Comfort - The 10' cord on the Single Pedal Accessory offers great freedom when setting up a workstation layout. Take advantage of this feature to ensure that the pedal is within easy range of your foot and that no awkward stretching or reaching is required.
- Adjust The Activation Sensitivity - Each pedal has a sensitivtiy adjustment for fine tuning the tension. Ensure that there is a high enough resistance to avoid accidentally activating the pedal. Otherwise, you will find yourself trying to "hold" your foot above the pedal which could stress the muscles of the foot and at the front of your lower leg.
- Program the Foot Pedal to Your Needs - Take a few mintues to determine the specific requirements of your work and program the commands into the control module accordingly. You want to ensure that you program commands that feel intuitive to you, to make it easier to adapt to this new way of working.
- Work From a Seated Position - Footswitches generally work best for users who are seated. Repeatedly activating a footswitch while standing can be uncomfortable since this position requires that the muscles of the lower leg remain in a state of constant tension in order to avoid accidental activation (ie. activation of the switch will occur when the muscles are permitted to relax and allow the foot to return to a natural flat position).
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|FS007MP|| Single Pedal Accessory for Savant Elite2|