| Additional Resources Usage Tips Accessories |
The Kinesis Triple Pedal Accessory is the most efficient way to take advantage of the unique foot input options provided with all Kinesis Contoured keyboards. Default actions are "Keypad Shift," "Keypad Enter," and "Shift." The "Keypad Shift" action turns on the embedded keypad layer as long as the pedal is held down. If the Keypad Toggle function key is tapped first, then the "Keypad Shift" pedal will turn OFF the embedded keypad layer while the pedal is held down. With a programmable Contoured keyboard, the foot switch may be configured to perform any user-defined keystroke or macro.
Reduces Strain on Fingers While Mouse-Clicking
- Constant mouse-clicking, especially with a non-ergonomic mouse, can greatly increase finger fatigue and joint pain in the fingers. For those who suffer from finger overuse, as well as for those who simply cannot click with their fingers, a foot switch is an ideal solution, since it transfers mouse-clicking actions from the fingers to the foot. These same problems almost never arise with the feet.
Reduces Strain on Fingers While Typing
- Fingers and hands can experience stress and strain by constantly having the hands and fingers reach across the keyboard in order to perform combination keystrokes or repetitive keying, or even to hit a single awkward key to toggle between different applications, etc. By programming the foot switch to perform these actions with a single press of the pedal, the fingers and hands can get a needed rest. It also helps increase productivity at the same time!
- Activate Mouse Clicks: All Advantage Foot Switch Accessories can be used through MouseKeys (on PC systems) to activate the left or right mouse click. For many users the pain associated with mousing is from the action of clicking, not from moving the mouse. This accessory resolves this problem by relocating the clicking action to the feet of the user. You cannot program double click. You cannot program a drag lock toggle with the footswitch (i.e. you have to hold down the footswitch the same way you hold down your left mouse button to highlight and perform drag and drop operations, there is no way to "lock" the drag at present).
- Program any Key Action: Reprogram the foot switch to activate any key action(s). Perfect for offloading work from an overused finger or hand. Some of the more commonly used key actions are Shift, Tab, Enter, Backspace and Delete.
- Create Macros: Macros are a great productivity tool for generating commonly used phrases, or combinations of key actions and modifiers. With a memory pool of 1200 characters per device the Savant Elite will support even the most demanding of tasks.
- No Input Ports on the Foot Pedal: The Kinesis Contoured Keyboard Triple Action Foot Pedal accessory does not have any input ports on the unit.This means that a hand switch or additional pedal cannot be plugged into the Kinesis Contoured Keyboard Triple Action Foot Pedal accessory.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Advantage Triple Foot Switch Accessory
- Width: 10.6" (26.9 cm)
- Depth (front to back): 7.0" (17.8 cm)
- Height: 1.2" (3.0 cm)
- Weight: 4 lbs (1.8 kg)
- Cable length: 9' 1" (2.7 m)
- Compatibility: Kinesis Advantage ContouredKeyboards (all models)
- Interface: RJ-11 Connector (Phone Jack). Compatible only with past and present models of Kinesis Advantage and Advantage2 Keyboards.
- Warranty: 2 Year Limited Warranty View Details
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|FS007-TAF|| Advantage Triple Pedal Accessory|