Page last updated: Fri, 17-May-2019 15:20:43
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
Advantage Triple Foot Switch Accessoryby Kinesis Corporation
| Additional Resources Usage Tips Accessories |
The Kinesis Triple-Action Foot Switch is the most efficient way to take advantage of the unique foot input options provided with all Kinesis Contoured keyboards. Default actions are "Keypad Shift," "Keypad Enter," and "Shift." The "Keypad Shift" action turns on the embedded keypad layer as long as the pedal is held down. If the Keypad Toggle function key is tapped first, then the "Keypad Shift" pedal will turn OFF the embedded keypad layer while the pedal is held down. With a programmable Contoured keyboard, the foot switch may be configured to perform any user-defined keystroke or macro.
Reduces Strain on Fingers While Mouse-Clicking
- Constant mouse-clicking, especially with a non-ergonomic mouse, can greatly increase finger fatigue and joint pain in the fingers. For those who suffer from finger overuse, as well as for those who simply cannot click with their fingers, a foot switch is an ideal solution, since it transfers mouse-clicking actions from the fingers to the foot. These same problems almost never arise with the feet.
Reduces Strain on Fingers While Typing
- Fingers and hands can always be overstressed by constantly having your hands and fingers reach across your keyboard in order to perform combination keystrokes or repetitive keying, or even to hit a single awkward key to toggle between different applications, etc. By programming your foot switch to perform these actions for you with a single press of the pedal, you can finally give your fingers and hands a needed rest. It also helps increase productivity at the same time!
- Activate Mouse Clicks: All Advantage Foot Switch Accessories can be used through MouseKeys (on PC systems) to activate the left or right mouse click. For many users the pain associated with mousing is from the action of clicking, not from moving the mouse. This accessory resolves this problem by relocating the clicking action to the feet of the user. You cannot program double click. You cannot program a drag lock toggle with the footswitch (i.e. you have to hold down the footswitch the same way you hold down your left mouse button to highlight and perform drag and drop operations, there is no way to "lock" the drag at present).
- Program any Key Action: Reprogram the foot switch to activate any key action(s). Perfect for offloading work from an overused finger or hand. Some of the more commonly used key actions are Shift, Tab, Enter, Backspace and Delete.
- Create Macros: Macros are a great productivity tool for generating commonly used phrases, or combinations of key actions and modifiers. With a memory pool of 1200 characters per device the Savant Elite will support even the most demanding of tasks.
- Kinesis Triple Action Foot Switch: The Kinesis Triple-Action Foot Switch is the most efficient way to take advantage of the unique foot input options provided with all Kinesis Contoured™ keyboards.
Default actions are "Keypad Shift", "Keypad Enter", and "Shift". The "Keypad Shift" action turns on the embedded keypad layer as long as the pedal is held down. If the Keypad Toggle function key is tapped first, then the "Keypad Shift" pedal will turn OFF the embedded keypad layer while the pedal is held down.
With a programmable Contoured keyboard, the foot switch may be configured to perform any user-defined keystroke or macro!
- No Input Ports on the Footswitch: The Kinesis Contoured Keyboard Triple Action Footswitch accessory does not have any input ports on the unit.
This means that a hand switch or additional pedal can not be plugged into the Kinesis Contoured Keyboard Triple Action Footswitch accessory.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Advantage Triple Foot Switch Accessory
- Width: 10.6" (26.9 cm)
- Depth (front to back): 7.0" (17.8 cm)
- Height: 1.2" (3.0 cm)
- Weight: 4 lbs (1.8 kg)
- Cable length: 9' 1" (2.7 m)
- Compatibility: Kinesis Advantage Contoured
Keyboards (all models)
- Interface: RJ-11 Connector (Phone Jack). Compatible only with past and present models of Kinesis Advantage Keyboards.
- Warranty: 1 Year Limited Warranty.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|FS007-TAF|| Advantage Triple Foot Switch Accessory|