| Additional Resources Usage Tips |
This elegant, premium pedal is front-hinged and has a textured surface. For many this single pedal design provides more comfort and control than the outer pedals of the Triple Foot Pedal Accessory. It comes with a 10' cable and works with all models (past and present) of Kinesis Contoured keyboards. A self-adhesive, hook and loop tab is provided to anchor the pedal to the floor if desired. If the cosmetics of this pedal are appealing but there is a need for more than one action at a time, or the capability to change actions without re-programming the keyboard is needed, a special splitter will be required.
Note: The Foot Pedal is only for use with Advantage Countoured Keyboards.
Reduces strain on fingers while mouse-clicking
- Constant mouse-clicking, especially with a non-ergonomic mouse, can greatly increase finger fatigue and joint pain in the fingers. For those who suffer from finger overuse, as well as for those who simply cannot click with their fingers, a foot switch is an ideal solution, since it transfers mouse-clicking actions from the fingers to the foot. These same problems almost never arise with the feet.
Reduces strain on fingers while typing
- Fingers and hands can experience stress and strain by constantly having the hands and fingers reach across the keyboard in order to perform combination keystrokes or repetitive keying, to hit a single awkward key to toggle between different applications, etc. By programming the foot switch to perform these actions with a single press of the pedal, the fingers and hands can get a needed rest. It also helps increase productivity at the same time!
- Activate mouse clicks: All Savant Elite foot switches come pre-programmed to activate right and left mouse clicks. For many users the pain associated with mousing is from the action of clicking, not from moving the mouse. The Savant Elite resolves this problem by relocating the clicking action to the user's feet. On the triple action model, the middle footswitch defaults to the middle button. You cannot program double click. You cannot program a drag lock toggle with the footswitch (i.e. you have to hold down the footswitch the same way you hold down your left mouse button to highlight and perform drag and drop operations, there is no way to 'lock' the drag at present.
- Program any key action: Reprogram the foot switch to activate any key action(s). Perfect for offloading work from an overused finger or hand. Some of the more commonly used key actions are Shift, Tab, Enter, Backspace and Delete.
- Create macros: Macros are a great productivity tool for generating commonly used phrases, or combinations of key actions and modifiers. With a memory pool of 1200 characters this can accomplish even the most demanding of tasks.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Advantage Single Foot Switch Accessory
- Width: 2.6" (6.6 cm)
- Depth (front to back): 3.5" (8.9 cm)
- Height: 1.0" (2.5 cm)
- Cable length: 10' (3.0 m)
- Operational rating: 1 million actuations at 60actuations per minute.
- Compatibility: Kinesis Advantage ContouredKeyboards (all models)
- Interface: Custom 0.125" (3.5mm)mini-phono plug
- Warranty: 2 Year Limited Warranty View Details
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|FS007-RJ11|| Advantage Single Pedal Accessory|
|FS011FS3|| Three-way splitter required to connect 2 or 3 single action foot switches. For new contoured keyboards with US layout (connector extends 3" from back of keyboard)|