Page last updated: Fri, 17-May-2019 15:20:43
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
Advantage Single Foot Switch Accessoryby Kinesis Corporation
| Additional Resources Usage Tips |
This elegant, premium pedal is front-hinged and has a textured surface. For most users it provides more comfort and control than the outer pedals of the Triple Action Foot Switch. It comes with a 10' cable and works with all models (past and present) of Kinesis Contoured keyboards. A self-adhesive, hook and loop tab is provided to anchor the pedal to the floor if desired. If you like this pedal's look and feel but want to use more than one at a time, or you want to change actions without re-programming your keyboard, you will need to purchase a special splitter.
Reduces strain on fingers while mouse-clicking
- Constant mouse-clicking, especially with a non-ergonomic mouse, can greatly increase finger fatigue and joint pain in the fingers. For those who suffer from finger overuse, as well as for those who simply cannot click with their fingers, a foot switch is an ideal solution, since it transfers mouse-clicking actions from the fingers to the foot. These same problems almost never arise with the feet.
Reduces strain on fingers while typing
- Fingers and hands can always be overstressed by constantly having your hands and fingers reach across your keyboard in order to perform combination keystrokes or repetitive keying, or even to hit a single awkward key to toggle between different applications, etc. By programming your foot switch to perform these actions for you with a single press of the pedal, you can finally give your fingers and hands a needed rest. It also helps increase productivity at the same time!
- Activate mouse clicks: All Savant Elite foot switches come pre-programmed to activate right and left mouse clicks. For many users the pain associated with mousing is from the action of clicking, not from moving the mouse. The Savant Elite resolves this problem by relocating the clicking action to the user's feet. On the triple action model, the middle footswitch defaults to the middle button. You cannot program double click. You cannot program a drag lock toggle with the footswitch (i.e. you have to hold down the footswitch the same way you hold down your left mouse button to highlight and perform drag and drop operations, there is no way to 'lock' the drag at present.
- Program any key action: Reprogram the foot switch to activate any key action(s). Perfect for offloading work from an overused finger or hand. Some of the more commonly used key actions are Shift, Tab, Enter, Backspace and Delete.
- Create macros: Macros are a great productivity tool for generating commonly used phrases, or combinations of key actions and modifiers. With a memory pool of 1200 characters per device the Savant Elite will support even the most demanding of tasks.
- Kinesis Single Action Foot Switch: This elegant, premium pedal is front-hinged and has a textured surface. For most users, it provides more comfort and control than the outer pedals of the Triple Action Foot Switch. It comes with a 10 foot cable and works with all models (past and present) of Kinesis Contoured keyboards. A self-adhesive, hook & loop tab is provided to anchor the pedal to the floor if desired.
If you like this pedal's look and feel but want to use more than one at a time, or you want to change actions without re-programming your keyboard, you will need to purchase a special splitter.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Advantage Single Foot Switch Accessory
- Width: 2.6" (6.6 cm)
- Depth (front to back): 3.5" (8.9 cm)
- Height: 1.0" (2.5 cm)
- Cable length: 10' (3.0 m)
- Operational rating: 1 million actuations at 60
actuations per minute.
- Compatibility: Kinesis Advantage Contoured
Keyboards (all models)
- Interface: Custom 0.125" (3.5mm)
- Warranty: 1 year limited warranty
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|FS005-RJ11|| Advantage Single Foot Switch Accessory|
|FS007-RJ11|| Advantage Single Foot Switch Accessory|
|FS011FS3|| Three-way splitter required to connect 2 or 3 single action foot switches. For new contoured keyboards with US layout (connector extends 3" from back of keyboard)|