| Ergonomic Benefits Usage Tips |
The Advantage360 Contoured Keyboard from Kinesis takes the proven fusion of performance and ergonomics of the 3-dimensional concave keywell design and adds in additional ergonomic capabilities. This design now incorporates established ergonomic concepts of customizable tilt, angle and separation that Kinesis has featured for many years in their well-known Freestyle line of keyboards. This version of the Kinesis Contoured Keyboard family can now deliver unparalleled levels of comfort and productivity for touch typists of all body types and builds while offering advanced ergonomic features. The Advantage360 serves as a neutral ergonomic data input interface for all touch typists. Anyone who considers their keyboard a core tool for their workstation should consider this keyboard. The contoured keyboard family is the only keyboard that addresses ergonomics down to the level of the fingertips. It does this by intelligently redistributing the repetitive activity associated with typing to minimize the potential of fatigue. . Advantage Contoured keyboards are especially popular with those who perform keyboard intensive work, including programmers, transcriptionists, writers, and web content developers.
The Advantage360 Contoured Keyboard has several improvements over prior Advantage models. The new separated design affords the individual nearly infinite freedom to position the keyboard modules to create the optimal keyboard solution for the workspace. In addition, the new 3 position tilt available in each module aids in further reducing pronation and the associated risk of repetitive strain that can occur with intensive and long-term keyboarding. In order to minimize the keyboard size and reduce unnecessary finger reach the function row has been eliminated with those functions now accessible via a FN layer in the primary keys. The 10-key numeric keypad embedded in the right-hand module continues to provide instant access for numeric entry, without moving the hand out of home position.
The Advantage360 employs Gateron Brown low-force tactile mechanical keyswitches with an activation force of 45 grams and a maximum force of 55 grams. These responsive switches offer the tactile feedback that is necessary for intense and rapid data entry. The switches are topped with quality opaque PBT keycaps for longevity.
The SmartSet Programming Engine included with the Advantage360 facilitates the development and storage of up to nine custom keyboard layouts. Further reduction in repetitive or awkward keystrokes and maximizing productivity can now be achieved as far more and longer macros are now supported. Up to 100 unique macros of 200 characters are sufficient to satisfy even the most rigorous productivity and exacting customization demands. The Advantage360 is PC and Mac compatible, and includes additional hard-wired features such as unlimited custom key remapping, macro playback speed, and keyboard status reports.
While the standard Advantage360 will easily meet the demands of most, individuals with advanced programming skills may be interested in the the premium Advantage360 PRO model. In addition to all of the performance features and ergonomic benefits offered in the Advantage360 the PRO model adds the freedom of Bluetooth, eliminating all cords and leaving the modules totally free of encumbrances. The Advantage360 PRO is equipped with global white backlighting and shine-through ABS keycaps for working under reduced lighting conditions.
Please Note:The PRO model is geared towards those with advanced programming skills and utilizes the open-source ZMK platform for customization. Layouts can be configured using a web-based configurator at GitHub. The Advantage360 PRO DOES NOT include the SmartSet Programming Engine.
- Smart Set Programming Engine:
Remap: Any or all keys and custom key combinations, including the embedded layers (numeric keypad and multimedia).
Macros: 100 macros of 200 characters each can be configured.
Hardwired QWERTY/DVORAK Toggle: Instantly switch between QWERTY and DVORAK layouts.
View and Edit Layouts: All custom layouts are stored as basic text files (i.e. .txt extension) in the non-volatile memory on the Advantage360.
Status Report: Get a complete report on all current keyboard settings, remaps, etc. at any time.
Modifier Keys Can Be "Sticky": If required, make multi-key combinations involving CTRL, ALT and SHIFT easier with sticky keys.
Adjust Macro Playback Speed: Playback of macros can be adjusted globally or on a macro-by-macro basis from 4.2 characters per second (CPS) to 250 CPS in 9 increments.
- Embedded Keypad: The embedded keypad offers maximum productivity and comfort for those who make regular use of the 10-key.
- Cupped Home Row Keys: The home row keys are cupped with a special sculpting to aid in finger locating and positioning.
- PBT Keycaps: The corded Advantage360 is equipped with high-quality PBT keycaps. Replacement QWERTY, DVORAK, or Blank sets are available for those who wish to customize the visual appearance of their keyboard.
- Bridge Link Connector: If using the Advantage 360 modules independently positioned is disconcerting at first the included Bridge Connector Link can be installed to position the keyboard modules at a fixed separation and angle of alignment.
- Thumb Keys: Advantage360 keyboards transfer high-use functions such as Space, Backspace, and Enter from the weaker pinkies to the thumbs. This can also work to increase typing speeds as there is no need to reach and stretch the pinkie to access these functions that are now conveniently located for instant access by the thumbs.
- Orthagonal Vertical Layout: Advantage360 keyboards employ an orthagonal vertically-aligned layout that lets the fingers move naturally, curling and extending to access the keys. This eliminates the awkward diagonal movements required by traditional keyboard layouts. This features, combined with the concave keywells, helps to reduce the travel distance between keys and can lead to improved input speed.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Kinesis Advantage360 Contoured Keyboard
Kinesis Advantage360 Contoured Keyboard - Ergonomic Separation
Kinesis Advantage360 Contoured Keyboard - Fixed Bridge Installed
Kinesis Advantage360 Contoured Keyboard - 3 Height/Angle Positions
Kinesis Advantage360 Keyboard - Optional Padded Leatherette Palm Pads
Kinesis Advantage360 Contoured Keyboard - Optional QWERTY PBT Keycap Sets
Kinesis Advantage360 Contoured Keyboard - Optional DVORAK PBT Keycap Sets
Kinesis Advantage360 Contoured Keyboard - Optional Blank PBT Keycap Sets
Kinesis Advantage360 Contoured Keyboard - Embedded Numeric Keypad
- Quick Start Guide for Advantage360 Contoured Keyboard: PDF
- SmartSet Programming Engine - User's Manual: PDF
- Direct Programming Guide - SmartSet Programming Engine: PDF
- Advantage SmartSet Token List: PDF
- Advantage360 Module Dimensions (per side):
Width: 7.5" (19.1 cm)
Depth: 8.0" (20.3 cm)
Height: 3.0" to 4.0" (7.6 to 10.2 cm) depending on angle selected
- Weight (both modules combined): 3.2 lbs (1,454 grams)
- Center Separation: TBD
- Front Slope: TBD
- Lateral Tilt: TBD
- Keyswitch Type: Low Force Mechanical Brown Switches (Gateron KS-9)
- Actuation Force: 45 grams (1.59 oz)
- Peak Force: 55 grams (1.94 oz)
- Number of Keys: 76 key layout with thumb clusters
Function Keys reside in new "Fn" Layer
10-Key Numeric Keyboard embedded in Right-hand module, accessed via the "Kp" Layer
- Pre-travel: 2 mm
- Total Travel: 4 mm
- Keyswitch Rating: 50 million actuations
- Embedded Key Actions:
Numeric Keypad Actions: 18
FN Key Actions
- Compatibility: Instant configuration for Windows No drivers required, only requirement is one free USB-A port
PC: Windows 7-11
Mac: Mac OS X
Other: Supports non-Windows PC operating environments (e.g. LINUX, Android, Chrome, etc.)
- Interface: USB-A
- Layout Options for the Advantage360 Contoured Keyboard:
QWERTY/DVORAK: The Advantage360 can switch between QWERTY and DVORAK key layouts with a combination keystroke.
Custom Layouts: Because the Advantage360 is fully programmable it is possible to customize all keys using the SmartSet Programming Engine for PC and Mac.
- Fully Programmable:
SmartSet App for full custom programming (PC and Mac)
- Embedded Numeric Keypad: The embedded keypad offers maximum productivity and comfort for 10-key users.
- Function Keys: Unlike other models of the Advantage keyboard, the Advantage 360 has eliminated the Function row but has retained access via a "FN" Layer.
- Windows Keys: TBD
- Warranty: 3 Year Limited Warranty View Details
- Package Contents: Advantage360 Contoured Keyboard, USB-C Main Cable, 10" Link Cable, Bridge Connector, Quick Start Guide, 16 Additional Keycaps (including 4 Mac modifier keys), Keycap Puller, SmartSet Programming App for Windows (pre-loaded)
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|KB360-GBR|| Advantage360 Contoured Keyboard, QWERTY legends, Brown Gateron mechanical keyswitches|
|AC360-PP|| Kinesis Advantage360 Premium Palm Pads Accessory Kit|
|KC360-QW|| QWERTY Legended PBT Keycaps for Kinesis Advantage360 Contoured Keyboards (92 keycaps, Black (Not Shine-Through)|
|KC360-DV|| DVORAK Legended PBT Keycaps for Kinesis Advantage360 Contoured Keyboards (92 keycaps, Black (Not Shine-Through)|
|KC360-BK|| Blank Unlegended PBT Keycaps for Kinesis Advantage360 Contoured Keyboards (92 keycaps, Black (Not Shine-Through)|