Page last updated: Fri, 17-May-2019 15:21:28
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
| Ergonomic Benefits Additional Resources Usage Tips Accessories |
The Ergonomic Laptop Stands by Keynamics LLC allow for very comfortable laptop typing, while avoiding carpal tunnel syndrome & musculoskeletal disorders. The ergonomic notebook stands meet the guidelines of the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) for ergonomic computer workstations. This product meets the ergonomic needs of laptop users, such as the need to raise your laptop screen toward the plane of your eyes and the need to hold your wrists at a neutral posture.The eWheelie allows you to achieve this neutral wrist posture, regardless whether you use this device on top of your desk or off the front edge of your desk. This notebook platform will safely cantilever your laptop out over the edge of your desk so you can recline as OSHA recommends. The wheels allow you to quickly move your laptop out of the way, freeing up your desktop for other tasks.
- Easy viewing: Smaller keyboard formats on laptops are a challenge, even for the best touch typists. Angling the keyboard allows easy viewing for finger placement, without having to bend your neck down to look at the keys which results in hunching over the keys.
- Lean back, work smarter: The Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OHSA) recommends reclining. Sitting up straight compresses your spine, whereas reclining transfers much of the downward pressure off your spine. This laptop stand cantilevers your laptop out over the edge of your desk, so you can achieve a proper posture. This includes the following:
- Resting elbows on chair armrests reduces forearm and wrist pronation.
- Reclining provides total back support reducing compression on the
- Opens elbow angle greater than 90º for proper circulation.
- Opens torso angle for proper circulation.
- Opens knee angle for proper circulation.
- Neutral wrist posture.
- Neutral neck posture.
- Corrects viewing angle (reclining lowers the line of sight).
- Wheels allow frequent changes in posture. (OSHA recommends changing
your working position frequently. Working in the same posture for long
periods of time is unhealthy.)
- Wheels allow more efficient use of desktop area. Being able to quickly
and easily move your laptop to the side, allows utilization of the desk
space immediately in front of you, instead of having to reach around
- Counterweighted: The laptop stand has a counterweight in the back, safely extending your laptop over the edge. In addition, the stand is cable friendly.
- Improved ergonomics: A typical desk height is 29" (73.7 cm), which is too high for proper keying and too low for proper viewing. The laptop keyboard is attached to the screen. Raise the screen to correct the viewing angle and your keyboard is too high for proper keying. Lower the keyboard for proper 'neutral wrists' and the screen is too low for proper viewing. (Hence - 'The Hunch')
The eWheelie functionally separates the keyboard from the screen, by changing both the user's position and the laptop position. Other stands only change the laptop position.
Opening the laptop 'functionally' separates the keyboard from the screen. It raises the screen to proper viewing level and lowers the keyboard to proper keying level.
- Wheels: One of the eWheelie's unique features is that it incorporates two wheels which make it easy to shift the computer out of your immediate workspace when you are working at a desk or table. No other product on the market allows a laptop to just be wheeled out the way, when not in use. With other products, the laptop must be picked up.
- Angle and air space encourage heat flow: The eWheelie Laptop Stand additionally promotes convection cooling by angling the laptop, allowing the heat to travel up and out the back. Added air space when the laptop rests on the rear levelers also promotes air flow.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
eWheelie: easy viewing
eWheelie: lean back, work smarter
eWheelie: improved ergonomics
eWheelie: angle and air space encourage heat flow
- Width: 14.0" (35.6 cm)
- Depth (front to back): 13.0" (33.0 cm)
- Height: 4.0" (10.2 cm)
- Weight: 10.0 lbs (4.54 kg)
- Wheels: 2.1" x 1.4"
(5.4 cm x 3.6 cm)
90 durometer skateboard
- Material: ABS plastic.
- Weight capacity: 20 lbs (9.07 kg) on the angled surface in the cantilevered position.
- Warranty: 30 Day Customer Satisfaction Guarantee.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|KN-W|| White model|
|KN-B|| Black model|