The Goldtouch Semi-Vertical Mouse from Key Ovation rotates the hand outward to a 66° tilt. This outward rotation reduces strain on the soft tissues of the forearm when compared with the familiar pronated "palm down" position. In addition, since individuals no longer have the option of "planting" the heel of their hand, the potential for wrist extension is also greatly reduced. With both right and left-handed models available, either mousing hand is able to benefit from this design.
The body of the Goldtouch Semi-Vertical Mouse is intended to provide a comfortable supportive structure for the hand, encouraging the adoption of a position where the fingers relax to curl and rest naturally over the buttons. The mouse comes with an optional Ergo-Grip flange that attaches magnetically and provides support for the entire hand. With the Ergo-Grip flange in place mouse movement using the entire arm is encouraged, rather than relying solely on wrist and finger movements. The Semi-Vertical Mouse readily offers support to hands up to 7.5" in length, and with the Ergo-Grip flange attached, will support even longer hands up to 8".
Note: Those with smaller hands could find that the Semi-Vertical Mouse is a bit large and may wish to consider the Goldtouch Ergonomic Mouse.
The Goldtouch Semi-Vertical Mouse is available in models for both the right and left hands. The right-handed model is available in both Wired or Wireless models, while the left-handed model is only available in a wireless version. Both wired and wireless models offer easily-adjusted multiple DPI settings for fine-tuning cursor sensitivity. To further customize performance 4 removable 5 gram weights are housed in the mouse. Standard Left, Right, and Middle click (on scroll wheel) functions are available as well as Page Forward and Page Back thumb buttons. The rubberized textured scroll wheel features detents for clear tactile feedback.
- The traditional pronated "palm down" position that traditional mice require causes one of the two bones in the forearm to rotate over the other. This position, when sustained or when adopted too frequently, puts significant stress on the muscles, tendons and other soft tissues of the forearm as well as on the elbow joint. The Goldtouch Semi-Vertical Mouse is designed to address this unhealthy pronation by rotating the hand (and forearm) to a 66° slope. This allows individuals to mouse more comfortably with the forearm bones and tissues in a more anatomically neutral position. Learn More About Pronation
Reduces Risk of Trigger Finger
- The rounded contours of the Goldtouch Semi-Vertical Mouse offer a comfortable place to rest the fingers between clicks, helping to prevent the development of a habit known as “hovering” in anticipation of the next mouse click. Hovering places a great deal of strain on the small muscles and tendons in the back of the hand and can cause extreme pain and loss of dexterity. Learn More About Trigger Finger
Can Reduce the Risks Associated with Wrist Extension
- Traditional mice require that the hand be in a facedown position on the mouse. There is a tendency to plant the heel of the hand on the desk surface and then attempt to move the mouse with the thumb and pinkie or ring fingers. This puts the wrist into a position of extension which can lead to painful RSI. The 66° angle of the Goldtouch Semi-Vertical Mouse rotates the hand away from the desk, thus discouraging this "planting" action. While it is still possible to create some wrist extension by flexing the wrist for left/right movements this can also be easily addressed by attaching the included Ergo Flange and learning to move the mouse with the arm rather than the hand.
Learn More About Wrist Extension.
Reduces Strain on the Fingers and Elbow
- The large left and right buttons are designed to permit the fingers to curl naturally around the mouse without engaging either the extensor or flexor muscles. This relaxed position reduces irritation of the ulnar nerve that runs through the hand and the elbow, reduces strain on the muscles and tendons of the hand and fingers, and facilitates clicking with minimal movement at the finger joints.
Almost No Learning Curve
- Hand position is very similar to a traditional "flat" mouse and the buttons are activated by the same fingers. This virtually eliminates any need to retrain or establish new muscle memory when mousing.
- The mouse does not move sideways when clicking with normal force because the thumb is positioned to naturally oppose the finger movements. As well, because the hand is angled to just 66° the clicking action is still directed partially downward towards the surface.
Accurate Cursor Control
- The Goldtouch Semi-Vertical Mouse has a multi-level sensor that is easily adjustable via the side-mounted control. This means that pointer sensitivity is easily changed when moving between different types of work.
- Sloped Design: The 66° tilt virtually eliminates pronation and creates a comfortable, more anatomically neutral position for the hand, wrist, forearm and elbow joint.
- Oversized Curved Buttons: Fingers have a large, easy-to-reach target and can relax in a partially curled posture.
- Comfortable Housing: Smooth contours and rounded design make the Goldtouch Semi-Vertical Mouse easy to adapt to and comfortable to use.
- Ergo Flange: The included Ergo Flange can be attached to encourage a reduction in wrist and finger movement. When attached almost all mouse movement must come from the arm. This lets the fingers and wrist remain relaxed, with the fingers simply curling to click. Since it attaches magnetically it can be removed at any time that the finer control provided by the fingers and wrist is required.
- Available for Left and Right Hand: The wireless version of the Goldtouch Semi-Vertical Mouse is available in left and right handed models. The wired is only available for the right hand.
- Adjustable DPI Settings: Pointer speed buttons on the side allow convenient adjustment without even changing the hand position on the mouse.
- Wireless and Wired Options: The Semi-Vertical Mouse is available in a wireless model for both left and right hands. The wired version is only available for the right hand.
- Clickable Scroll Wheel: The rubber scroll wheel rotates smoothly with soft detents and when clicked generates a Middle Click.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Goldtouch Semi-Vertical Mouse
Goldtouch Semi-Vertical Mouse - Ergo-Grip Flange
Goldtouch Semi-Vertical Mouse - Rear with Ergo-Grip Flange
Goldtouch Semi-Vertical Mouse - Side View
Goldtouch Semi-Vertical Mouse - Back and Forward Buttons
Goldtouch Semi-Vertical Mouse - Hand Position
Goldtouch Semi-Vertical Mouse - Left Hand Model
- Goldtouch Semi-Vertical Siziing: The Goldtouch Semi-Vertical Mouse will accommodate hand sizes up to 7.5" (19.0 cm) in length in standard configuration. With the Ergo Flange attached those with hands up to 8.0" (20.3 cm) should also be comfortable. Measuring Guide
- Goldtouch Semi-Vertical Mouse - Data Sheet: PDF
- Goldtouch Semi-Vertical Mouse - User Guide: PDF
Basic Configuration: 3.125" (1.2 cm)
With Ergo-Grip Flange Installed: 4: (10.2 cm)
- Depth (front to back):
Basic Configuration: 4.375" (11.1 cm)
With Ergo-Grip Flange Installed: 6.375" (16.2 cm)
- Height: 3.25" (8.3 cm)
- Weight - Adjustable:
Basic Configuration: 5.3 oz (150 gr)
With Ergo-Grip Flange Installed: 6.8 oz (194 gr)
Note: Four removable 5 gram weights permit fine tuning of the Goldtouch Semi-Vertical Mouse to personal preference.
- Cable Length - Wired Model Only: 76" (1.93 m)
- Optical Resolution - Adjustable:
Wired: 1000, 1500, 2000, and 2500 DPI
Wireless: 800, 1200, 1600
- Tilt: 66°
PC: XP, VISTA, 7, 8, 10
Note: The Goldtouch Semi-Vertical Mouse supports Windows PC and MAC without requiring 3rd party drivers. 5 buttons support left and right click with center wheel click to activate scroll function on PC and Page Forward and Page Back via thumb buttons. 1 to 3 button support for MAC as supported by the OS version.
Mac OS X
Linux (functions without driver in many versions of Linux)
- Optional Driver: Those using Windows OS may customize their button functions by downloading the Goldtouch Semi-Vertical Mouse Driver.
Wired: USB 2.0
Wireless: USB 2.0 - Wireless USB 2.4 Ghz Receiver Included
- Warranty: 1 Year
- Package Contents:
Wired: Goldtouch Semi-Vertical Mouse, Flange Attachment, User Guide
Wireless: Goldtouch Semi-Vertical Mouse Wireless, Flange Attachment, Wireless Receiver(storage slot on underside of mouse), 2 x AA Batteries, User Guide
- Adjust DPI to meet your work needs. The Goldtouch Semi-Vertical Mouse is equipped with a multi-level sensor. The sensor cycles through the levels from lowest to highest, returning to the lowest setting from the highest. When performing finer movements you may wish to reduce the pointer speed to achieve greater cursor control. When primarily large rapid movements are required changing to a higher pointer speed will reduce the amount of actual mouse movement that will be required.
- For optimum ergonomic benefit the majority of mouse movement should be performed with movement coming from your arm. Doing this aids in maintaining a neutral (straight) alignment of the wrist and forearm. Finer small movements can be achieved by slight deflection of the wrist and flexing of the fingers.
- Ensure that your worksurface is positioned at a height which maintains the "neutral" or "straight" line through the wrist and forearm. Ergonomically this is the ideal posture and may require adjustment of either the surface height (where possible) or of your chair height. It is especially important to ensure that the surface where the mouse is located is not too high as this will either be forcing the shoulder up unnaturally or the arm will be angled over the rigid edge, creating a pressure point. Either of these are undesirable and can significantly increase the risk of developing Repetitive Strain Injuries. The 66° outward rotation achieved by the Goldtouch Semi-Vertical Mouse lets the elbow remain closer to the body. If you find that your elbow is "flared" outward you may wish to check the height of your desk and lower it if necessary. The other reason for a flared elbow may be the reach across the numeric keypad. There are keyboard options available which either move the numeric keypad to the left or totally eliminate it for those who make limited use of the numeric keypad or who can learn to employ the standard keyboard upper rank numeric keys.
- One of the most common causes of RSI is the "repetitive" nature of the actions undertaken. Extensive mousing (or keyboarding) without breaks can be the trigger which releases a full-blown RSI. Even the most ergonomic of mice or keyboards cannot change this reality. Make a point of taking regular breaks throughout the day. A quick stretch or short change of function may be all that is required to avoid possible painful consequences.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|KOV-GSV-RM|| Goldtouch Semi-Vertical Mouse, Right Hand, Corded, Silver/Grey|
|KOV-GSV-RMW|| Goldtouch Semi-Vertical Mouse, Right Hand, Wireless, Silver/Grey|
|KOV-GSV-LMW|| Goldtouch Semi-Vertical Mouse, Left Hand, Wireless, Silver/Grey|
|GT6-0017|| Goldtouch Gel Filled Mouse Pad, Black, Right|
|GT9-0017|| Goldtouch SlimLine Mouse Pad, Right|