| Additional Resources Usage Tips Accessories |
The Pro Fit Ergo Wireless Mouse from Kensington presents with a body angle of approximately 40°, rotating the hand away from a traditional fully prone position. This wireless mouse is contoured specifically for right-handed use and operates plug-and-play. It is able to connect via either standard 2.4 GHz wireless with the included receiver dongle, or through Bluetooth 4.0 with devices that can support this option. A switch on the underside changes mode and doubles as a batter-saving power switch. Optional software is available for both Windows and Mac OS should one desire to customize the button functions. A convenient DPI switch just behind the scroll wheel accommodates quick access to three DPI settings (800, 1200 and 1600) to accommodate different work requirements. The wireless receiver can be stored in the underside of the mouse to ensure it isn't misplaced. The scroll wheel has detents to provide clear feedback response. The click action is somewhat soft and very quiet. This lack of tactile and auditory feedback may make it difficult to determine when clicks have truly activated and may lead to a greater degree of force being exerted, resulting in unnecessary stress on the fingers.
The size of this mouse means it is best suited for smaller to average sized hands as those with larger hands will find their palm either unsupported or their fingers extending past the end of the buttons, with the "inset" of the buttons into the body of the mouse making it difficult to perform clicks. The body is fairly narrow as well, encouraging "gripping" rather than permitting larger hands to relax.
- The Pro Fit Ergo Wireless Mouse positions the hand at approximately 40°, an angle sufficient to significantly reduce the typical "prone" position of a traditional mouse. Learn More About Pronation.
Can Reduce the Risks Associated with Wrist Extension
- The up and outward positioning of the palm can reduce the tendency to "plant" the heel of the hand as with a traditional mouse. As a result the wrist is able to maintain a more neutral alignment in relation to the forearm, reducing the risk of holding it in "extension" for extended periods. Learn more about Wrist Extension.
- Because the finger motion is to a great extent directed downward towards the worksurface, there is limited tendency for the mouse to move sideways when clicking with normal force. The position of the thumb on the opposite side of the mouse exerts an additional "countering" effect.
Accurate Cursor Control
- The Pro Fit Ergo Wireless Mouse has a multi-level sensor that is easily adjustable via the side-mounted control. This means that pointer sensitivity is easily changed when moving between different types of work.
- Angled Body for Improved Ergonomics: The Pro Fit Ergo Wireless Mouse angles the hand to approximately 40°.
- Six Button Design: Standard Left and Right Buttons, a clickable scroll wheel, back and forward buttons, and a DPI selector are easily accessible.
- Three Sensor Settings: The DPI button gives quick access to 800, 1200, and 1600 DPI settings - offering variable degrees of cursor control for different types of work.
- Dual Option Wireless Connections: The Pro Fit Ergo Wireless Mouse can switch between traditional 2.4GHz wireless (receiver dongle included) or Bluetooth 4.0 for devices that support Bluetooth (no receiver included).
- Bluetooth 4.0 Connection: As described above, the option of connection to Bluetooth-equipped devices is always available. A simple slide of the switch on the underside can engage the Bluetooth mode.
- Programmable: Windows and Mac compatible drivers are available from Kensington should there be a need or desire to change the button functions.
- Battery-Saving Power Switch: The mode selection switch on the underside also serves to power down the mouse to optimize battery life when the mouse will not be used for extended periods.
- Convenient Receiver Storage: When the mouse is being transported or not in use the wireless receiver can be stored in a hidden compartment on the underside of the mouse. This helps to reduce the risk of a lost receiver avoids the cost of a replacement.
- Replaceable Receiver: If a receiver is lost a new receiver can be purchased from the manufacturer. Pairing is simple and quick.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Pro Fit Ergo Wireless Mouse
Pro Fit Ergo Wireless Mouse - Side View
Pro Fit Ergo Wireless Mouse - Front View
Pro Fit Ergo Wireless Mouse - Top Profile
Pro Fit Ergo Wireless Mouse - Rear View
Pro Fit Ergo Wireless Mouse - Bluetooth or 2.4 GHz Wireless
Pro Fit Ergo Wireless Mouse - Underside
- Width: 2.75" (7.0 cm)
- Depth (front to back): 5.25" (13.3 cm)
- Height: 2.4" (6.1 cm)
- Weight: 4.1 oz (116 grams)
- Number of Buttons: 6
- Scroll Wheel: Textured wheel with detents
- Default Button Functions:
Left click, Right click, Web back, Web forward
Scroll wheel button: Middle click
DPI Button: DPI Adjustment
- Optical Resolution: Adjustable (via DPI button) - 800, 1200, 1600 DPI
- Drivers: Plug and Play - No Driver Required
- Programmable: Kensington Works Software, Downloadable from Kensington Website
- Compatibility: Windows, Mac, Chrome, Android
- Interface: Dual Connection Options
2.4 GHz Wireless, USB Receiver Dongle (included)
Bluetooth 4.0 LE (device must have Bluetooth capability). Note: Bluetooth receiver dongle NOT included.
- Power Supply: 1 x AA Battery (included)
- Warranty: 3 Year Limited Warranty. Manufacturer direct only.
- Package Contents: Pro Fit Ergo Wireless Mouse, 1 x AA Battery, 2.4 GHz Wireless Receiver Dongle, Documentation
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|75404|| Pro Fit Ergo Wireless Mouse|