| Additional Resources Usage Tips Accessories |
The Pro Fit Ergo Vertical Wireless Mouse from Kensington presents with a body angle of approximately 47°. A short flange keeps the side of the hand clear of the surface but still permits most of the little finger to make contact during movement. This wireless mouse is contoured specifically for right-handed use and operates plug-and-play. However, optional drivers are available for both Windows and Mac OS should one desire to customize the button functions. A convenient DPI switch accommodates quick access to four DPI settings (800, 1000, 1200 and 1600) to accommodate different work requirements. The wireless receiver offers an impressive 20 metre range and can be stored in the underside of the mouse to ensure it isn't misplaced. The scroll wheel is spherical and has a lower protrusion from the body of the mouse than most traditional scroll wheels with rotation being possible using the side of the fingers. Detents provide clear feedback but the smaller diameter of the scroll "sphere" seems to require a greater degree of force than most traditional "wheel" designs.
The size of this mouse means it is best suited for smaller to average sized hands. The body is narrower than most vertical mouse designs, which can lead to a tendency to want to "grip" the mouse which has the potential to lead to exerting unnecessary static grip force.
Note: While being identified by the manufacturer as a "vertical" mouse this angle is substantially less than most other "vertical" mousing products, the majority of which orient the hand well above 60° and therefore much closer to a truly vertical presentation.
- The Pro Fit Ergo Vertical Wireless Mouse positions the hand at approximately 47°. While this is not nearly as high or steep an angle as most truly vertical mice it is still sufficient to significantly reduce the typical "prone" position of a traditional mouse. Learn More About Pronation.
Can Reduce the Risks Associated with Wrist Extension
- The up and outward positioning of the palm counters the tendency of individuals to "plant" the heel of the hand as with a traditional mouse. As a result the wrist is able to maintain a more neutral alignment in relation to the forearm, reducing the risk of holding it in "extension" for extended periods. Learn more about Wrist Extension.
Reduces Strain on the Fingers and Elbow
- The buttons are positioned so that there is no need to "hover" over them, an activity that can contribute to the development of pain and limitation to grip. Learn More About Trigger Finger
. As a result the fingers are able to rest against the buttons with minimal engagement of either the extensor or flexor muscles. The partial outward rotation also reduces the strain along the forearm, reducing the risk of developing inflammation of the tendons where they attach on the outside of the elbow, commonly referred to as Tennis Elbow. Learn More About Lateral Epicondylitis.
- Because the finger motion is to a great extent directed downward towards the worksurface, there is limited tendency for the mouse to move sideways when clicking with normal force. The position of the thumb on the opposite side of the mouse exerts an additional "countering" effect.
Accurate Cursor Control
- The Pro Fit Ergo Vertical Wireless Mouse has a multi-level sensor that is easily adjustable via the side-mounted control. This means that pointer sensitivity is easily changed when moving between different types of work.
- Angled Body for Improved Ergonomiics: The Pro Fit Ergo Vertical Wireless Mouse angles the hand to approximately 47°.
- Six Button Design: Standard Left and Right Buttons, a clickable scroll wheel, back and forward buttons, and a DPI selector are easily accessible.
- Four Sensor Settings: The DPI button gives quick access to 800, 1000, 1200, and 1600 DPI settings - offering variable degrees of cursor control for different types of work.
- Plug and Play Functionality: Simply plug in the receiver and turn on the mouse - it will automatically register and be ready for work in a few seconds.
- Programmable: Windows and Mac compatible drivers are available from Kensington should there be a need or desire to change the button functions.
- Low Battery Indicator: The scroll "sphere" will glow red as an indication of low battery levels. Depending on the degree of usage a single "AA" battery can provide service for up to a year.
- Convenient Receiver Storage: When the mouse is being transported or not in use the wireless receiver can be stored in a hidden compartment on the underside of the mouse. This helps to reduce the risk of a lost receiver avoids the cost of a replacement.
- Replaceable Receiver: If a receiver is lost a new receiver can be purchased from the manufacturer. Pairing is simple and quick.
- Battery Saving Switch: Battery life can be optimized by simply turning the mouse off when not using for extended periods.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Pro Fit Ergo Vertical Wireless Mouse - Side Profile
Pro Fit Ergo Vertical Wireless Mouse - Front View
Pro Fit Ergo Vertical Wireless Mouse - Top View
Pro Fit Ergo Vertical Wireless Mouse - Top Profile
Pro Fit Ergo Vertical Wireless Mouse - Battery and Receiver Storage
Pro Fit Ergo Vertical Wireless Mouse - In Use
- Width: 3.0" (7.6 cm)
- Depth (front to back): 4.25" (10.8 cm)
- Height: 3.0" (7.6 cm)
- Weight: 4.1 oz (116 grams)
- Body Angle: Approximately 47°
- Number of Buttons: 6
- Scroll Wheel: Spherical Design with detents. Scroll wheel surface is smooth.
- Default Button Functions:
Left click, Right click, Web back, Web forward
Scroll wheel button: Middle click
DPI Button: DPI Adjustment
- Optical Resolution: Adjustable (via DPI button) - 800, 1000, 1200, 1600 DPI
- Drivers: Plug and Play - No Driver Required
- Programmable: Kensington Works Software, Downloadable from Kensington Website
- Compatibility: Windows, MacOS, Chrome OS
- Interface: 2.4 GHz Wireless, USB Receiver Dongle (included),65.6' (20 metre) Range
- Power Supply: 1 x AA Battery (included)
- Warranty: 3 Year Limited Warranty. Manufacturer direct only.
- Package Contents: Pro Fit Ergo Vertical Wireless Mouse, 1 x AA Battery, Wireless Receiver Dongle, Documentation
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|75501|| Pro Fit Ergo Vertical Wireless Mouse|