| Additional Resources Accessories |
The 360° Arm Accessory from Kanewell can rotate to any position around the seat, enabling it to be used as an armrest for either the left or right arm, as a forward leaning or elbow support, or as a stretcher bar for the back. It can easily be locked into position when stability is required. The height of the 360° Arm Support is also adjustable so users are able to move it to the elevation that offers them the most suitable support. The 360° Arm Support can be used by anyone who may need to stabilize themselves while leaning. Dentists and Dental Assistants who are often leaning in or forward are able to let the Arm Support bear their weight, reducing strain and muscle fatigue in the lower back. Leaning against a stable fixed support also ensures a greater degree of control, making this accessory a valid consideration for anyone required to stretch outside of their immediate comfort zone while completing tasks requiring fine control or dexterity.
The 360° Arm Accessory features a thick layer of polyurethane foam which creates a supportive but cushioned resting surface. The high quality vinyl upholstery is resistant to a wide range of common cleaning solution making it suitable for applications were regular cleaning is required.
Note: It is generally recommended that any cleaner be carefully tested in an inconspicuous location prior to full application. Sample testing swatches are available in advance upon request if there is concern regarding a particular cleaning agent.
The 360° Arm Accessory comes as a kit which includes both the 360° Arm Support Accessory as well as a replacement pneumatic spring. Installation on a new Kanewell Twin Adjustable Saddle Stool is done with ease, as part of the stool assembly. Retrofitting a fully assembled Stool requires removal and replacement of the existing gas lift cylinder with the unit included in the kit, thereby ensuring that the Stool retains is original range of height adjustment.
Securely Facilitates Deviation from Upright Position
- The Kanewell 360° Arm Accessory enables the user to lean to the side or front without the risk of overstraining or stressing the muscles of the lower back. Because the Arm Accessory bears the weight, users are not required to maintain muscles in a degree of constant tension.
Reduces Potential for Lower Back Pain
- For users who regularly need to lean, be it to the side or forward, such as Dentists and Dental Assistants, the 360° Arm Accessory can greatly reduce the potential for the development of lower back pain. Rather than relying on maintaining continuous muscle tension to hold themselves in position these users can now let the Arm Accessory bear the weight while the muscles and ligaments are permitted to relax and recover.
- Height Adjustable: The Kanewell 360° Arm Accessory is height adjustable so users can position support at a suitable and comfortable height for the task at hand.
- Multi-Position: The 360° Arm Accessory can be mounted with the supporting are positioned right, left, or centered. The Arm Accessory alsorotates a full 360°, permitting users to position it in whatever location best meets their requirements. A handwheel locks the Arm Accessory in position when desired.
- Quality Upholstery & Padding: The Kanewell 360° Arm Accessory is upholstered with quality vinyl for ease of cleaning. The polyurethane Foam Padding is supportive while still offering a comfortable degree of cushioning.
- Weight Rating: The Kanewell 360° Arm Accessory is designed to safely support the upper body weight of users up to 250 lbs (114kg).
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Kanewell 360° Arm Accessory - Left Side Mounting
Kanewell 360° Arm Accessory - Right Side Mounting
Kanewell 360° Arm Accessory - Center Mounted
Kanewell 360° Arm Accessory - Height Adjustable
- The primary application for the Kanewell 360° Arm Accessory is to act as a rigid support when leaning to the front or side. The intent is to eliminate the need of having the muscles of the lower back actively engaged in a state of tension while leaning. Muscle tissues are not designed to be held in this state of perpetual tension, rather requiring a tensioning/relaxing pattern to flush toxins from the cells and renew the blood supply. Employing the 360° Arm Accessory to provide support once the necessary leaning position is achieved enables you to permit these muscles of the lower back to relax and refresh themselves. The Arm Accessory also permits you to push against it when returning to an upright sitting position, rather than relying solely on the muscles of the lower back. This further reduces the chances of overstressing these muscles and putting unnecessary strain on the other structures of the lower back.
- The 360° Arm Accessory can also serve as a lumbar support, back stretcher or even as a back rest for short term use. Sitting in a Saddle Seat that is correctly elevated rarely requires these options as the back is restored to a neutral "S-Curve" and in this position fatigue is less prone to occur.
- Rotate the 360° Arm Accessory to provide the optimum support for the direction in which you wish to lean. If you need to have a more secure support you should lock it in rotation position using the handwheel located below the seat. Using the side handwheel, adjust the height to provide support at your "optimum" leaning position - where you are able to achieve a state of relaxation within the lower back muscles. If you find that your muscles are fatiguing you will probably want to increase the elevation in order to better bear the weight of the upper body. When properly adjusted you should be able to rest your weight on the Arm Support with little need of sustained muscle tension to "support" yourself.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|901-360ARM-MED|| Kanewell 360° Arm Accessory, Black Vinyl, Medium Cylinder|
|901-360ARM-TALL|| Kanewell 360° Arm Accessory, Black Vinyl, Tall Cylinder|