Page last updated: Fri, 13-Sep-2019 15:39:40
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
KINETIC 700K Series Stoolby Interstuhl
| Additional Resources Accessories |
The KINETIC Sit-Stand Perching Stool is a strikingly elegant and contemporary seating option for a sit-to-stand workstation. The base is engineered to provide a stable, extra wide seating surface for users up to 275 lbs, supported by a gas spring cylinder that provides shock-absorbent comfort through the full range of adjustment (26” to 32”). A convenient 20° swivel to the right or left supports the user over a wider radius of movement than a fixed seat could offer.
Semi-Aniline leather or Fabric upholstery with foam underpadding covers the entire extra-wide (19.25” Wide x 8.25 Deep) surface of the seat The aluminum base is powder coated Black or Silver, ensuring that it will fit into any office décor, and has large, reversible plastic glides to suit either hard or carpeted floors.
Reduces Impact on the Lower Spine
- The height-adjustable gas cylinder acts as a shock absorber, eliminating rigid impact on the tailbone and lower back when sitting down.
Encourages Active Working
- Employing an elevated seat such as the KINETIC at a raised or height adjustable workstation will encourage users to move more often. Moving to standing from an elevated style of seat is much easier than doing the same from a traditional office seat. As a result, users will tend to shift between "resting" and "standing" more readily, gaining greater benefit from the workstation investment. Even when using the stool as a "resting" or "leaning" solution their mind and body will be more actively engaged than when seated in a traditional office chair. The increased activity has the potential to reduce some of the risk associated with extended sitting.
Can Reduce the Strain on Knees
- Rising to a standing position from a traditional office chair height can be hard on the knees - especially for older or heavier individuals. Transitioning from a "leaning" or "raised stool" to a full standing position greatly reduces the degree of effort required to stand and at the same time reduces the strain that knees are subjected to when rising from a fully-seated position.
Extends Range of Movement of the User
- Working from a semi-standing position offers users a noticeable increase in range of motion and reach compared to conventional chairs or stools. This extends the Comfort Zone and allows access to a larger area of the work surface, while at the same time reducing the risk of overextension. Learn More About the Comfort Zone.
Reduces Risk of Lower Back Pain
- Standing with the feet flat for extended periods of time (such as at a standing desk or counter) requires the muscles of the lower back to remain in a state of constant tension (even more so if the abdominal muscles are weak.) As the muscles tire, the back tends to curve or arch, which can often lead to an unnatural and unhealthy degree of lordosis (sometimes referred to as "swayback"). Since some degree of unnatural curvature is already common to many back problems, a standing workstation actually has the potential to increase pain and fatigue (rather than decrease it). By employing a leaning stool such as the KINETIC, which tilts the pelvis slightly forward, users allow the spine to return to the natural, gently curved S-shape that provides the greatest strength, stability and support for the entire body. The unnatural, extreme curvature is eliminated, and the overworked muscles of the back are able to relax and recover.
Reduces Risk of Circulation Problems
- Static standing has been identified as a contributing factor in the development of edema (swelling of the lower legs). When the muscles of the lower legs are not being flexed their ability to pump blood and fluids through the circulatory system is restricted. Leaning or sitting on the KINETIC frees the user to flex the muscles of the lower legs and, by doing so, improves circulation in the lower legs.
Helps to Improve the Health of the Body's Systems
- The conventional seated position (i.e. 90º bend) restricts both blood and fluid flows through the internal organs. A raised sitting or leaning position such as the KINETIC offers can be of benefit to the digestive and cardiovascular systems. The more upright stance reduces potential constrictions in the digestive tract and, by opening up the core and allowing the diaphragm to move more freely, can significantly increase cardiovascular activity.
Increases Mental Alertness
- The upright stance provide by the KINETIC, combined with the ability to flex the leg muscles, naturally increases cardiovascular activity. The increased activity facilitates more effective oxygenation of the brain and thereby contributes to a greater degree of mental alertness.
Encourages Core Muscle Maintenance
- Traditional seating permits the core muscles to fully relax and become lazy. The semi-standing or leaning stance promoted by the KINETIC allows users to flex and relax the muscles of the back and core as they keep the torso stabilized during the work session. This helps to maintain muscle tone in those muscle groups without overtiring them.
- Seat Height Adjustment: The KINETIC can be adjusted from 26.2" - 32.1".
- Infinite Height Adjustment: Seat height can be easily adjusted to any point within the adjustment range. A hidden pull tab on the underside of the seat releases the lock on the gas spring lift for raising or lowering the seat.
- Cushioning Gas Spring: The gas spring that provides height adjustment also serves as a shock absorber to help absorb impact as the user sits down.
- Premium Leather or Fabric Seat: The KINETIC is available in a range of colours - featuring either high quality leather or fabric.
- Wide Seating Area: The KINETIC features a 19.3" wide seat to better spread weight, improving comfort.
- Reduces Weight Load on Feet: Weight on the feet is reduced by as much as 60% when using the KINETIC.
- Pivoting Seat: The KINETIC raised seat pivots 20° to the left and right, providing additional range of movement that fixed seats cannot provide. It also increases the size of the "Comfort Zone" by extending the reach a user has.
- Sturdy Construction: The base and column of the KINETIC is constructed of cast aluminum.
- Angled Upright for Stability: The upright column on the KINETIC is angled forward at 4° for increased stability.
- Trip-Free Base: The V-shaped base offers stability as well as featuring a trip-free design for office safety.
- Reversible Floor Glides: KINETIC seats are equipped with reversible floor glides. They can be used as purchased with the Hard Glides for soft surfaces in place or can be reversed to become Soft Glides better suited to hard surface flooring.
- Recyclable: All parts are easily separated for ease of end-of-life recycling.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Side View of Kinetic Stool (Orange Leather)
Rear View of Kinetic Stool (Orange Leather)
Kinetic Stool Swivel View (Red Leather)
Front Angled View of Kinetic Stool (White Leather)
View of Black Semi-Aniline Leather
View of Red Semi-Aniline Leather
View of Olive Green Semi-Aniline Leather
View of Brown Semi-Aniline Leather
View of White Semi-Aniline Leather
- Select the correct height. When adjusting the height of the seat on the KINETIC Stool, aim to position yourself so that the angle of your thighs is between 25º and 40º off the vertical. If you are unable to make comfortable contact with the seat and feel that the front edge of the seat is putting pressure on the back of your thighs you have likely set the seat too high.
- Consider adding an Anti-Fatigue Mat to your workstation. If you notice that you do not feel secure (i.e. your feet feel as if they are slipping out from underneath you), or you would like a cushioned surface for your feet to rest on, consider adding a non-slip Anti-Fatigue Mat to your workstation.
- Make a point of switching between sitting/leaning and standing. Changing position will stimulate better blood flow which will assist in remaining more alert. It will also encourage movement in joints which has the benefit of keeping the joints better lubricated, unlike extended static sitting.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|10362400|| Interstuhl KINETIC 700K Series Stool, Black Semi-Aniline Leather Seat, Black Base|
|10321153|| Interstuhl KINETIC 700K Series Stool, Black Semi-Aniline Leather Seat, Silver Base|
|10362401|| Interstuhl KINETIC 700K Series Stool, Red Semi-Aniline Leather Seat, Silver Base|
|10326257|| Interstuhl KINETIC 700K Series Stool, Olive Semi-Aniline Leather Seat, Silver Base|
|10322381|| Interstuhl KINETIC 700K Series Stool, Brown Semi-Aniline Leather Seat, Silver Base|
|10362402|| Interstuhl KINETIC 700K Series Stool, White Semi-Aniline Leather Seat, Silver Base|
|10358113|| Interstuhl KINETIC 700K Series Stool, Black Lucia 58 Fabric Seat, Black Base|
|10322137|| Interstuhl KINETIC 700K Series Stool, Black Lucia 58 Fabric Seat, Silver Base|