| Additional Resources Accessories |
Offering a full range of ergonomic adjustments and configurability, the Goal 152G Series Task Chair from Interstuhl is a versatile choice for large corporate offices as well as small business and home offices. The Goal 152G is a premium upholstered chair that features a synchronous movement of the seat back and seat pan which permits a user to lean back and achieve an open angle up to 120° at the hips while the seat pan only tilts upward by 10°.
The tension in the back rest can be adjusted to customize the level of counter resistance as the user leans back in the chair. The Goal features a height adjustable back with a depth-adjustable lumbar support. The seat pan can be adjusted for tilt (up to 4°) and depth (front to back) to allow users of all heights to benefit from a seat that is custom sized and optimally positioned.
The seat back and pan are upholstered in high quality fabric over supportive layers of breathable foam and cotton padding that provide optimal air flow, comfort and support. The seat fabric is high grade composite fabric (90% wool, 10% nylon) rated at 415 g/rm.
To allow users of all builds to meet their individual needs for arm support, the "4-D" armrests are adjustable for height, width (from the inner edge of the left armrest to the inner edge of the right armrest), depth (forward and backward) and pivot (20° to the left and right).
The upholstery on the Goal 152G Series Task Chair is available in anthracite grey or a dark blue/black mix. All chairs come with soft-surface double casters and a durable aluminum base powder-coated in brilliant silver.
Helps to Improve the Health of the Body's Systems
- The conventional seated position (i.e. 90º bend) restricts both blood and fluid flows through the internal organs. The Synchronous mechanism of the Goal permits users to open that bend up to 120°. Regular employment of this feature can benefit the internal operations of the body by reducing potential restrictions in the digestive tract and permitting the diaphragm to move more freely which in turn can significantly increase cardiovascular activity.
Can Reduce Neck and Shoulder Issues
- The Goal 152G features 4-D armrests with an extensive range of adjustment in width, depth, height, and angle. These adjustments enable each user to position the armrests to offer support where it will provide the greatest benefit, while yet remaining easily adjustable should changes in tasks warrant. Adjusting the armrests as needed ensures that the shoulder joints are not overloaded and that the muscles of the shoulders and neck are not overstrained. An additional benefit of this can be a reduction to the risk of development of muscle tension which can lead to performance-reducing or potentially debilitating headaches.
Increases Mental Alertness
- The movement offered by the Goal can naturally increase cardiovascular activity. This moves more oxygen to the brain and contributes to a greater degree of mental alertness which can lead to greater productivity as users may also find themselves able to remain alert and comfortable for greater periods.
Reduces Risk of Lower Back Pain
- The wide range of adjustments offered in the Goal enable each user to configure the chair to best suit their body type and task requirements. Multiple levels of lumbar support, adjustable in height and pressure, ensure that the back receives the appropriate support for each user. Adjustable resistance in the Synchronous mechanism permits users to fine-tune this function to match their body weight and preferences, ensuring access to resistance from very light to fairly high. A tilt-adjustable seat pan assists the user to achieve a correct spinal alignment to reduce stress on the lower end of the spinal column.
Offers Core Muscle Toning
- The Synchronous Function can be used by users to encourage the toning of muscle. By regularly employing the range of movement offered by the Goal these muscles are engaged to a much greater degree as compared to static sitting. This can either be accomplished on a consistent basis throughout the workday through the small adjustments users make as they shift between tasks or on a more pro-active basis by making a point to regularly lean back through the full range of movement, even doing so several times in a row. This will also have the added benefit of encouraging cardiovascular activity with the associated improvement in overall alertness.
Can Reduce General Fatigue
- Movement is key to ensuring that worker fatigue is controlled. Static sitting at a workstation reduces blood flow and encourages shallow breathing. Combined these result in a reduction in oxygen to both the brain and body tissue, contributing to overall fatigue. The Synchronous mechanism encourages movement by permitting the Goal to naturally follow the body rather than forcing it into a static position.
Encourages Active Movement
- The range of movement offered by the Goal encourages regular movement which keeps lubricating fluid moving through joints, reducing or eliminating stiffness, and also actively stretches muscles which can become shortened from extended static sitting.
Can Reduce Risk of Circulation Restriction in Lower Legs
- The "waterfall" front on the seat reduces the potential for any sharp edges against the back of the legs.
Encourages Correct Posture at Workstation
- Seat height is easily adjusted using the simple hand lever. This enables users to easily set their seat to a height appropriate to their build, optimizing their posture at their workstation.
Encourages Best Positioning by Users
- The Goal encourages users to take an active interest in their chair, to adjust it as needed to optimize their comfort. A generous range of adjustments are available, easily accomplished, and easily repeated. This discourages a "set it and leave it" approach which can occur with seats which have complex mechanisms with benefits that are hard to ascertain the immediate effects of.
- Premium Quality Upholstery: The Goal 152G is upholstered with firm supportive foam, cotton batting, and a long-wearing 90% Wool/10% Nylon blend fabric. This results in a highly breathable seat that will provide support for many years while standing up to the wear and tear of everyday use.
- Synchronous Mechanism: The Goal features a Synchronous Mechanism which enables a user to freely lean back in their chair. The movement permitted by the Synchronous mechanism can be used to avoid the potential risks of static sitting, even when remaining seated. It also enables users to adopt varying postures throughout the day, opening the torso angle up to 120°. For situations where the freedom of movement may interfere with work this feature can easily be "locked out" at 90° or at one of three additional leaning positions.
- Adjustable Resistance: The Synchronous movement on the Goal features adjustable resistance which can be set for the weight and comfort of each individual user. The adjustment range will cover users weighing from 100 - 286 lbs (45 - 130 kg).
- Synchronous Movement Lock Option: Users can choose to limit the range of movement on the Synchronous Mechanism by engaging the Lock function at one of 4 positions. This way they can change the degree of movement throughout the day and to best suit the nature of the particular task being undertaken at any time.
- Adjustable Lumbar Support: The Goal back rest has a firm, naturally contoured lumbar curve with a screw-operated internal pressure adjustment bar that offers about 0.75" of depth adjustment.
- Height Adjustable Back Rest: The entire backrest is height adjustable through a 3" range which provides 7 height settings between lumbar height adjustment between 6" and 9" above the seat pan.
- Load-Dependent Casters for Hard Floors: The Goal is equipped with soft 65 mm load-dependent casters for safety. This means that the chair will not roll away from the user when they stand up. These casters do not lock, they only exert just enough resistance so that the chair does not roll on its own when weight is removed, allowing users to re-position the chair with minimal effort. When the chair is occupied the brake fully disengages, permitting the user to move in the chair as required with no resistance.
- Tilting Seat: The Goal seat inclination adjustments of 0°, -2° and to -4°. The seat remains in correct alignment to the back regardless of the angle selected.
- Depth Adjustable Seat: The Goal is equipped with a sliding seat pan that offers a 2" adjustment range, from 16.1" to 18.1" deep.
- "Waterfall Front" Seatpan: The Goal is equipped with a "waterfall" front to reduce the risk of unnecessary pressure being exerted against the back of the thighs.
- Removable 4-D Armrests: The Goal features 4-D Armrests that are adjustable for height, width (from the inner edge of the left armrest to the inner edge of the right armrest), depth (forward and backward) and pivot (1 indexed point in or out). See "Specifications" below for detailed range of movement. If desired the armrests can easily be detached using a simple Allen key.
- Sturdy Base: The Goal 152G sits on a sturdy 5-point Aluminum base powder-coated in Brilliant Silver (see image in gallery).
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Rear View of Goal Chair
Front View of Goal Chair (Red/Brown Fabric)
View of Kvadrat Remix Blue Black Fabric
View of Kvadrat Remix Anthracite RE61
Brilliant Silver Aluminum Base
- Arm Rests:
Dimensions: 3.5" W x 10" D (8.9 x 25.4 cm)
- Width (from the inner edge of the left armrest to the inner edge of the right armrest): 18.375" - 20.875" (46.7 - 53 cm)
- Total Range of Width Adjustment: 2.5" (6.4 cm)
- Depth (forward and backward): 2.125" (5.4 cm)
- Pivot: Indexed stops at center and 20° IN or OUT
- Height (above seat): 11 Settings ranging from 6" - 9.5" (15.2 - 24.1 cm) in 0.4" (1.0 cm) increments. (release button on outside of armrest support)
Fully Removable: Both armrests can be easily removed with a simple Allen key (included).
- Seat Pan:
Depth Adjustment: Sliding
Width: 18.1" (48.3 cm)
Depth Adjustment Range: 16.1" - 18.1" (40.9 - 46 cm)
- Seat Tilt/Inclination:
Adjustment: 0°, -2°, and -4°.
Note:The seat tilt adjustment is not intended to be performed under loaded conditions. Doing so can risk damage to the tilt adjustment mechanism.
- Seat Height Range (uncompressed): 18.5" - 23" (47 - 58.4 cm)
- Back Rest:
Width: 18" (45.7 cm)
Height: 20.8 (52.8 cm)
Height Adjustment Range: (top of seat above seat pan): 20.8" - 23.8" (52.8 - 60.5 cm)
- Lumbar Adjustment Range:
Depth (infinitely variable): 0.75" (1.9 cm)
Height Adjustment Range 3" (7.6 cm) - 7 settings ranging from 6" to 9" above seat pan.
- Warranty: Warranty PDF
- Package Contents: Goal 152G Chair, User Guide
- Adjust Seat Pan Tilt When Chair is Unoccupied - It is not advisable to attempt to adjust seat tilt while the chair is in use. The seat tilt adjustment is not intended to be performed under loaded conditions and damage can be done to the tilt adjustment mechanism.
- Adjust the Armrests to Match Your Build - Small users will want to position the rests closer to the back, larger users further from the back. Width and angle adjustments should be made to optimize comfort levels.
- Make a point of actively engaging with the Synchronous movement throughout the day. While you may choose to lock out this feature while performing specific tasks, to do so permanently will eliminate a key feature which makes this chair successful.
- Fine tune the resistance tension of the Synchronous Mechanism to match your comfort. Larger or heavier users will most likely prefer a higher degree of resistance than those of lighter or smaller build.
- Adjust the armrests to provide support when in a neutral position, with elbows resting comfortably at your sides and shoulders relaxed. The 4-D armrests are highly adjustable and can easily be repositioned when moving between task types.
- Adjust the seat pan depth to shorten or lengthen the seat pan to suit the length of your thighs. You want to have 1-2 finger widths between the back of your knees and the front of the seat pan.
- When adjusting the height of your Goal, aim for an elevation which lets your elbows open slightly more than 90° while your hands are resting on the keyboard or mouse. If your feet are unable to rest flat against the floor you may need to add a footrest to your workstation. If you are too low and the angle of your legs and torso is less than 90 then you should raise your chair to the appropriate level while also raising your input devices to a similarly appropriate height.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|10362387|| Goal 152G Task Chair, Anthracite Remix Fabric Back and Seat, Brilliant Silver Aluminum Base|
|10362388|| Goal 152G Task Chair, Blue-Black Remix Fabric Back and Seat, Brilliant Silver Aluminum Base|