Page last updated: Fri, 17-May-2019 15:21:13
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
EVERY 172E Series Task Chairby Interstuhl
| Accessories |
The EVERY 172E Series Task Chair from Interstuhl is a premium chair designed to meet the needs of nearly everyone with a deceptively simple, clean form offering many ergonomic features and maximum adjustability. The AutoLift Synchro Mechanism adjusts the tension on the backrest according to the weight of the user. The tension can be applied fully, or dialed back to meet the requirements of individual users. The EVERY features a large opening angle (up to 120°) that can be limited to two smaller angles if desired.
The seat back is a mesh with excellent tensile strength, providing both breathability and support for the back. A height adjustable, solid polyamid lumbar support allows the full freedom of movement associated with contemporary mesh chairs. The seat pan can be adjusted for tilt and depth to ensure correct ergonomic seating for any user, regardless of height and weight. The seat fabric is high grade commercial polyester rated at 400 g/rm.
The 4D T-armrests can be adjusted in four separate directions: up and down, left and right, forward and backward and swivel, to provide every individual with just the right amount of support.
Rounding out this premium chair are soft surface double casters and a premium Polished Aluminum or durable Black Polyamid base. The seat pan is available in a variety of colors including Black, Dark Grey, Light Grey, Red and Green.
Helps to Improve the Health of the Body's Systems
- The conventional seated position (i.e. 90º bend) restricts both blood and fluid flows through the internal organs. The Autofit Synchro Mechanism of the EVERY permits users to open that bend up to 120°. Regular employment of this feature can benefit the internal operations of the body by reducing potential restrictions in the digestive tract and permitting the diaphragm to move more freely which in turn can significantly increase cardiovascular activity.
Can Reduce Neck and Shoulder Issues
- The EVERY features 4-D armrests with an adjustment in width, depth, height, and angle. These adjustments enable each user to position the armrests to offer support where it will provide the greatest benefit, while yet remaining easily adjustable should changes in tasks warrant. Adjusting the armrests as needed ensures that the shoulder joints are not overloaded and that the muscles of the shoulders and neck are not overstrained. A side benefit of this can be a reduction to the risk of development of muscle tension which can lead to performance-reducing or potentially debilitating headaches.
Increases Mental Alertness
- The movement offered by the EVERY can naturally increase cardiovascular activity. This moves more oxygen to the brain and contributes to a greater degree of mental alertness which can lead to greater productivity as users may also find themselves able to remain alert and comfortable for greater periods.
Reduces Risk of Lower Back Pain
- The EVERY offers a range of user-configurable adjustments. Adjustable resistance in the Autofit Synchro Mechanism permits users to fine-tune this function to match their body weight and preferences, ensuring access to resistance from very light to fairly high. There is even a lock-out setting for this function should the movement not be desired at times. The curved back provides primary lumbar support enhanced by a mesh insert which naturally tightens at the optimum height. In addition there is a secondary lumbar support in the form of a height adjustable insert which can be positioned to enhance the resistance provided by the mesh back. The tilt-adjustable seat pan assists the user to achieve a correct spinal alignment to reduce stress on the lower end of the spinal column.
Offers Core Muscle Toning
- The Autofit Synchro Function can be used by users to encourage the toning of muscle. By regularly employing the range of movement offered by the EVERY these muscles are engaged to a much greater degree as compared to static sitting. This can either be accomplished on a consistent basic throughout the workday through the small adjustments users make as they shift between tasks or on a more pro-active basis by making a point to regularly lean back through the full range of movement, even doing so several times in a row. This will also have the added benefit of encouraging cardiovascular activity with the associated improvement in overall alertness.
Can Reduce General Fatigue
- Movement is key to ensuring that worker fatigue is controlled. Static sitting at a workstation reduces blood flow and encourages shallow breathing. Combined, these result in a reduction in oxygen to both the brain and body tissue, contributing to overall fatigue. The Autofit Synchro Mechanism encourages movement by permitting the EVERY to naturally follow the body rather than forcing it into a static position.
Encourages Active Movement
- The range of movement offered by the EVERY encourages regular movement which keeps lubricating fluid moving through joints, reducing or eliminating stiffness, and also actively stretches muscles which can become shortened from extended static sitting.
Can Reduce Risk of Circulation Restriction in Lower Legs
- The "waterfall front" and 2" range of depth adjustment on the seatpan combine to ensure that users are able to receive appropriate support without the risk of circulation restriction from pressure against the back of the knees.
Encourages Correct Posture at Workstation
- Seat height is easily adjusted by a simple rotation of the release lever. This enables users to easily set their seat to a height appropriate to their build, optimizing their posture at their workstation.
Encourages Best Positioning by Users
- The EVERY encourages users to take an active interest in their chair, to adjust it as needed to optimize their comfort. The adjustments available are easily accomplished and repeated. This discourages a "set it and leave it" approach which can occur with seats which have complex mechanisms with benefits that are hard to ascertain the immediate effects of.
- Breathable Mesh Back: The EVERY features a comfortable mesh back which provides body contouring support. The mesh is breathable for increased user comfort.
- Comfortable Breathable Seat Cushion: The EVERY is equipped with 2" of foam for comfort and support. To ensure optimum airflow the upholstery is secured by means other than glue.
- Autofit Synchro Mechanism: The EVERY features an Autofit Synchro Mechanism which enables a user to lean freely lean back in their chair. The mechanism automatically adjusts the resistance to match the weight of the user and includes a fine-tuning control for ideal comfort. The movement achieved by the Autofit Synchro Mechanism can be used to avoid the potential risks of static sitting, even when remaining seated. It also enables users to adopt varying postures throughout the day, opening the torso angle up to 120°. Users who prefer a reduced range of movement can limit the opening to about 105° or for situations where the freedom of movement may interfere with work this feature can actually be "locked out" at the standard upright 90°.
- Adjustable Resistance: The Autofit Synchro Mechanism automatically adjusts resistance based on the weight of the user but also offers the ability to fine-tune the resistance to personal taste. The adjustment range will cover users weighing from 100-264 lbs (45-120 kg).
- Autofit Synchro Lock Option: Users can choose to limit the full 120° range of movement on the Autofit Synchro Mechanism by engaging the Lock function which is available at approximately 90° and 105°. This way they can change the degree of movement throughout the day and to best suit the nature of the particular task being undertaken at any time.
- Adjustable Lumbar Support: The EVERY has a significant lumbar curve built into the contoured form of the back. This combines with the tensioned mesh to provide firm yet flexible support that contours to the back of the user, providing a "natural" support in just the right place. This is enhanced by a height-adjustable lumbar insert with 2" range multiple indexed stopping points.
- Load-Dependent Casters for Hard Floors: The EVERY is equipped with soft 65 mm load-dependent casters for safety. This means that the chair will not roll away from the user when they stand up. These casters do not lock, they only exert just enough resistance so that the chair does not roll on its own when weight is removed, allowing users to re-position the chair with minimal effort. When the chair is occupied the brake fully disengages, permitting the user to move in the chair as required with no resistance.
- Tilting Seat: The EVERY offers an infinite range of seat inclination adjustment from 0° to -4°, permitting users to select just the right degree of tilt for optimum benefit to their back. For added comfort the armrests also tilt automatically to match the chosen seat angle.
- Depth Adjustable Seat: The EVERY features a sliding seatpan which provides a 2" range of depth adjustment able to accommodate the seat-depth requirements of the majority of users. To ensure optimum arm support for all users the armrests follow the movement of the seatpan.
- "Waterfall Front" Seatpan: The EVERY is equipped with a "waterfall" front to reduce the risk of unnecessary pressure being exerted against the back of the thighs.
- Removable 4-D Armrests: The EVERY features 4-D Armrests that are adjustable for height, width (from the inner edge of the left armrest to the inner edge of the right armrest), depth (forward and backward) and pivot (10° or 20° to the left and right). See "Specifications" below for detailed range of movement. If desired the armrests can easily be detached using a simple Allen key.
- Sturdy Base: The EVERY is equipped with either a premium 5-point polished aluminum or sturdy black polyamid base.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Front View of EVERYis1 Chair
Side View of EVERYis1 Chair
Rear Angled View of EVERYis1 Chair
Stylized Rear Angled View of EVERYis1 Chair
Autofit Synchro Mechanism Range of Movement
Seat and Armrest Tilt Function
Seatpan and Armrest Depth Adjustment
Armrest Height Range
Autofit Tension Adjuster
Seat Adjustment Controls
EVERY at Work
View of Lucia 58 Black Fabric
View of Lucia 58 Dark Grey Fabric
View of Lucia 58 Light Grey Fabric
View of Lucia 58 Red Fabric
View of Lucia 58 Green Fabric
Polished Aluminum Base
Black Polyamid Base
- Arm Rests:
Dimensions: 3.25" W x 9" D (8.3 x 22.9 cm)
Degree of Firmness: 67 Durometer Rating on the Shore Hardness Scale.
- Width (from the inner edge of the left armrest to the inner edge of the right armrest): 17.625" - 20.25" (44.8 - 51.4 cm)
- Total Range of Width Adjustment: 2.625" (6.7 cm)
- Width Adjustment Mechanism: Easy Access Cam Lock
- Depth (forward and backward): 2" (5.1 cm)
- Pivot: Two indexed stops at approximately 10° and 20° (both in and out)
- Height (above seat): 10 Settings ranging from 6.5" - 10.5" (16.5 - 26.7 cm) in 0.5" (1.3 cm) increments. (release button on underside of armrest)
Fully Removable: Both armrests can easily be removed with the included Allen Key.
- Seat Pan:
Depth: 16.9" (43 cm)
Depth Adjustment: Sliding seat pan adjustment with hand release
Depth Adjustment Range: 16.9" - 18.9" (43 - 48 cm)
Width: 19.3" (49 cm)
- Seat Tilt/Inclination:
Adjustment: Infinitely Variable between 0° and -4°. Seat tilt occurs from the middle of the seat.
Note:The seat tilt adjustment is not intended to be performed under loaded conditions. Doing so can risk damage to the tilt adjustment mechanism.
- Seat Height Range (uncompressed): 18.1" - 22.4" (46 - 57 cm)
- Back Rest:
Width 18" (45.7 cm)
Height (above seat pan): 22.4 (57 cm)
- Lumbar Adjustment Range: 2" (5.1 cm)
- Certifications: Quality management system DIN EN ISO 9001:2008, VO (EG) No. 1221/2009 (EMAS), Environmental management system DIN EN ISO 14001:2009, OHSAS, EcoVadis gold, Commitment to sustainability. Quality Office, Blue Angel, Bifma e3 level Platin.
- Warranty: Warranty PDF
- Package Contents: Every 172E Series Task Chair, User Guide,
- Estimated Assembly Time: 30 minutes (1 person)
- Tools Required: Allen Key (included)
- Adjust the tilt of the seat pan when the chair is not occupied. - The seat tilt adjustment is not intended to be performed under loaded conditions. The tilt adjustment mechanism may be damaged if the user attampts to adjust the seat pan while sitting in the chair.
- Adjust the armrests to match your build - The armrests on the EVERY offer an adjustment range that fits the majority of users. Adjust the height, width and depth to provide support when your shoulders are relaxed and your arms are hanging at your sides. If necessary, you can adjust the angle of the armrest to approximately 10° or 20° (in or out) to match the angle at which your forearms approach your workspace.
- Engage the Autofit Synchro movement throughout the day. Try to engage the Authofit Synchro movement several times a day. You may choose to lock out this feature while performing specific tasks, but to do so permanently would eliminate one of the key features that makes this chair successful.
- Fine tune the resistance tension of the Autofit Synchro Mechanism. The EVERY Autofit feature is preset at the factory and will automatically compensate for your weight. However, most users still choose to personalize the degree of resistance. The adjustment control is located on the underside of the seat. See the operator's manual for details on how to perform this adjustment.
- Ensure that the seat pan is correctly adjusted to match your body. When comfortably seated with your back resting against the backrest you want to have 1-2 finger widths between the back of your knees and the front of the seatpan. Too little space may restrict circulation; too much space will not provide the optimum support.
- Set the height of the Every chair correctly. Aim for an elevation that lets your elbows open slightly more than 90° when your hands are resting on the keyboard or mouse. If the chair is too low the angle between your legs and torso will be less than 90°. Make sure the seat is high enough to create a 90° angle at the hips. (You might also need to raise the height of the keyboard and mousing surfaces accordingly.) If the greater height results in your feet being unable to rest flat against the floor you should consider adding a footrest to your workstation.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|10333570|| EVERY 172E Task Chair, Black Lucia 58 Fabric Seat, Polished Aluminum Base|
|10362392|| EVERY 172E Task Chair, Dark Grey Lucia 58 Fabric Seat, Polished Aluminum Base|
|10362393|| EVERY 172E Task Chair, Light Grey Lucia 58 Fabric Seat, Polished Aluminum Base|
|10362394|| EVERY 172E Task Chair, Red Lucia 58 Fabric Seat, Polished Aluminum Base|
|10362395|| EVERY 172E Task Chair, Green Lucia 58 Fabric Seat, Polished Aluminum Base|
|10353252|| EVERY 172E Task Chair, Black Lucia 58 Fabric Seat, Black Polyamid Base|
|10362396|| EVERY 172E Task Chair, Dark Grey Lucia 58 Fabric Seat, Black Polyamid Base|
|10362397|| EVERY 172E Task Chair, Light Grey Lucia 58 Fabric Seat, Black Polyamid Base|
|10362398|| EVERY 172E Task Chair, Red Lucia 58 Fabric Seat, Black Polyamid Base|
|10362399|| EVERY 172E Task Chair, Green Lucia 58 Fabric Seat, Black Polyamid Base|