| Additional Resources Accessories |
The DE400 Series Corner Sleeves from Humanscale can be used to create a usable workspace out of a tightly curved or inside right angled corner. The steel plate creates a diagonal bridge (23.25" wide) between the supporting surfaces, enabling the user to fully utilize the entire workstation. The user is now given access to an expanded work area (right, left and corner), enhancing the ergonomics of the workspace.
The large dimensions of the DE400 Series Corner Sleeve make it quite suitable for desk top keyboard and mouse positioning. The uniquely-shaped "wings" provide convenient mousing areas for both right and left-handed users. With a depth of 13.75" the DE400 Series Corner Sleeve will accept any common combination of keyboard and mousing device. It is also equally suited to keyboard arm and tray deployment as the underside of the unit is pre-drilled to accommodate most common keyboard arms with no additional modifications required. The DE400 Series Corner Sleeve is available in two models — the DE400 can be easily adjusted to fit desks from 1" to 1.5" thick while thicker desks (1.5" - 2.5" thick) can be accommodated by employing the DE450 which is available by Special Order.
Note: While the DE400 Series Corner Sleeve provides a bridging width of 23.25" the overall width of 38.5" does require a fair amount of desk surface for installation. If there are space restrictions it may be necessary to consider a similar product with a smaller overall footprint.
Creates More Accessible Workspace
- Right angled workstations or those with very tight corner curves generally force users to turn to either the right or left to perform their duties. This moves one of their work surfaces outside of their Comfort Zone, forcing them to rotate or perform unhealthy reaching actions when accessing this secondary work area. Providing a user with a diagonal corner actually expands the usable work surface as they are now able to better the utilize the corner of their desk while at the same time gaining greater and easier access to both the right and left portions of their workstation. Learn More About the Comfort Zone.
Reduces Overreaching and Neck Rotation
- Corner Sleeves, also known as Desk Extenders or Corner Converters, position the user in such a way that they are able to access a larger work area while at the same time reducing the degree of neck and trunk rotation which would otherwise occur. In addition, they are now able to reach a larger worksurface area without awkward movement of the arms, reducing the risk of damage to the shoulders.
Enables Correct Viewing Distance
- Some workstations provide insufficient depth for positioning monitors as required by the user. Adding a Corner Sleeve creates a diagonal corner that has greater depth which in turn enables the user to position the monitor (or monitors) at a greater distance when necessary. Adding an articulating keyboard arm provides additional viewing distance which can be useful to reduce neck rotation with multi-monitor configurations.
Facilitates the Installation of an Articulating Keyboard Tray (with its accompanying ergonomic benefits)
- Tight or right angled corners are not conducive to mounting articulating keyboard arms. Bridging the corner with a corner sleeve permits easier and effective mounting of most common keyboard tray mechanisms. The front bottom lip is pre-drilled to enable the track to be easily secured against the Corner Conversion. Potential ergonomic benefits from such an installation include the following: reduced strain the shoulder and neck muscles, reduced risk of shoulder hunching, reduced risk of wrist extension, improved upper torso posture.
- Accommodates Most Work Surfaces: The DE400 Model will mount to work surfaces 1" to 1.5" (2.5 - 3.8 cm) thick. The DE450 (available by Special Order) will fit desk thicknesses from 1.5" to 2.5" (3.8 - 6.35 cm).
- Low Profile: Humanscale Corner Sleeves are formed from heavy gauge sheet metal which provides rigidity while maintaining a very low profile over the mounting surface.
- Compatible with Most Articulating Keyboard Arms: The front lower lip of Humanscale Corner Sleeves are pre-drilled to accept most common articulating arms. The installation hardware includes bolts for securing these arms to the sleeve.
- Durable and Professional: Humanscale Corner Sleeves are formed from heavy gauge steel, finished with rounded corners, and powder-coated in Black.
- Easy Installation: Installation of a Humanscale Corner Sleeve is as simple as adjusting the thickness to match the thickness of the desk top (simple tools required) and then sliding it into position on the desk. However, it is generally recommended to secure it to the underside of the desk with the included screws or to use something such as double-sided tape to keep it from sliding.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
DE400 Corner Sleeve
- When considering a Corner Sleeve several factors should be considered.
- First, determine if this is to provide surface area for deployment of a keyboard and/or a mouse. If this is the case you will want to ensure that the surface area is of sufficient size to provide a level surface for placement of the keyboard (at the minimum) or both the keyboard and mouse.
- Second, if the Corner Sleeve is intended to be used for the mounting of a Keyboard Track and Tray you will want to ensure that the keyboard tray can extend far enough that you have practical access to both the keyboard and mouse without having to reach in under the desk top. With larger corner sleeves this is generally not an issue.
- Third, you will want to determine whether the keyboard tray will need to be elevated level with the desk surface. This will require that the rear edge of the keyboard tray be positioned far enough out from the inside corner of the desk that the rear corners of the tray will clear the sides of the desk. This can usually be addressed by either utilizing a tray with the rear corners cut at a diagonal or by selecting a wider corner sleeve which will move the mounting point for the keyboard track further out from the inside corner. Doing this creates a wider space for the keyboard tray.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|DE400|| DE400 Corner Sleeve (for desks 1" - 1.5" thick)|
|DE450|| DE450 Corner Sleeve (for desks 1.5" - 2.5" thick)|
|DE400-DIS20|| DE400 Corner Sleeve (for desks 1" - 1.5" thick) : Discounted 20% for Cosmetic Damage|