| Additional Resources Usage Tips |
The StealthSwitch3 Programmable USB Switch Controller from H-Mod provides users with a means of transferring or reducing the heavy workload which the hand and fingers encounter in daily computer use. Mouse clicks, keyboard shortcuts, and multi-key macros can be programmed and triggered by foot pedals or many other types of switches.
Other common applicatons of the StealthSwitch3 Programmable USB Switch Controller include a wide variety of gaming functions, photo booth triggers, transciption control, etc.
With the StealthSwitch3 Programmable USB Switch Controller multiple switches can be connected to a CPU through a single USB port. The StealthSwitch3 Programmable USB Switch Controller is truly universal, fully programmable, and easy-to-use with both the Windows (including Windows 8.1) and Mac OS-X platforms.
The StealthSwitch3 supports up to 5 external switches (available separately) , and the number of accessible commands can be can be raised to 8 by using Shift mode which uses one switch to enable the other switches to access an alternate set of commands. Switches can be programmed to send keystrokes, mouse clicks, double clicks, drag lock, hotkeys, or macros (maximum of 4 keystrokes per macro). The StealthSwitch3 is fully programmable using the downloadable drivers. Once it is programmed, all settings are stored in the switch interface hardware so no software or drivers are required, even if you move the unit to another computer. This is especially convenient where deployment is intended on limited access systems, as programming can do done by loading the software on another computer which is not subject to these restrictions. Multiple configuration files can be created and stored for later access. MAC users receive a bonus benefit from the RoboCon program which automatically re-configures the switch interface based on the current application, allowing the setting of application-specific command layouts.Consider the Stealth Switch Switch Interface (5 or 10 port options) as an alternative controller.
It may be used with any of the StealthSwitch II Slave Footswitches, or for other options check out our range of switches in the Switches category.
Reduces Strain on Fingers
- By transferring highly repetitive actions such as mouse clicking to the feet, the StealthSwitch3 can greatly decrease the potential for finger fatigue and overwork. Doing this can also reduce the risk of developing joint pain, especially for those who use non-ergonomic mice.
Reduces the Potential for Trigger Finger
- "Hovering" a finger over a mouse button in anticipation of the next click can lead to the development of a condition known as "Trigger Finger." Because the StealthSwitch3 is activated by the foot, users can significantly reduce the risk of developing this problem. Transferring the left click to the footswitch or other alternative device also allows the entire hand to relax more completely, which may lead to better cursor control.
Reduces Awkward Reaching
- Combination keystrokes or awkward reaches can overstress the hands and fingers. Using a footswitch to perform these same functions with a single press of the pedal, users can give their fingers and hands a rest while at the same time potentially increasing productivity.
Versatile and Customizable Switch Positioning
- Because the StealthSwitch3 controller can accept up to five standard dummy switches, it is possible to add switches with longer cords (eg. 6'), making it easy to position switches optimally. This feature gives the user a versatile and customizable solution.
- Programmable Keys or Mouse Actions: The StealthSwitch3 Programmable USB Switch Controller is easily programmed to perform mouse click functions, keystrokes, combination keystrokes or even short Macros (up to 4 keys).
- Double Click Option and Drag Lock Options: Double click and drag lock functions can easily be programmed to any attached switch.
- Supports Up to Five Switches: The StealthSwitch3 Programmable USB Switch Controller will support up to five separate switches, each capable of being programmed to generate unique actions or commands.
- Up to Eight Unique Commands: In addition to supporting up to five switches is is also possible to program one switch as a "toggle" which enables a user to program and have access to as many as eight commands or functions.
- Program-Specific Command Layouts for MAC Users: MAC users who work in multiple software environments and who have functions or commands which are unique to a specific program can create program-specific layouts for easy access.
- Driverless Functionality: Programming the StealthSwitch3 does require software but operating it does not. Once programmed, the StealthSwitch3 can be connected to any compatible system where it will perform the desired functions with no installation of software or drivers.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
StealthSwitch3 Programmable USB Switch Controller
- Width: 2.6" (6.5 cm)
- Depth (front to back): 2.625" (6.7 cm)
- Height: 1.125" (2.8 cm)
- Cord length: 72" (1.8 m)
- Compatibility: PC: Windows XP, Vista, 7 (32 and 64 bit), 8, 10
Mac: Mac OS X (through OS X v10.9 Maverick)
Works with virtually anyMac or PC software thatsupports mouse orkeystroke control.
- From Switch to Switch Interface: 3.5 mm (0.125") phone jack
- From Switch Interface to Computer: USB
- Programmable actions:
- Hotkeys (including modifiers)
- Left mouse click
- Middle mouse click
- Right mouse click
- Double mouse click
- Drag lock
- Warranty: Limited Lifetime Warranty, Manufacturer direct.
- Package Contents: StealthSwitch3 Programmable USB Switch Controller, USB Connection Cable
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|SS3-R1|| StealthSwitch3 Programmable USB Switch Controller, 5 ports, USB|
|SS3-FS1|| Tripod model|