| Additional Resources Usage Tips Accessories |
The StealthSwitch1 Single Action Programmable Foot Switch from H-Mod is an ideal and cost-effective solution for users who wish to use their foot to perform just a single keyboard or mouse-click action. The StealthSwitch1 began life as a simple privacy switch which could immediately mute sound, hide the taskbar, hide all desktop icons, and even password protect the restore function at the same time, with just a single click of the footswitch and still can perform that function. However, with the new software driver from H-Mod the StealthSwitch1 now offers users a greatly expanded range of programmable commands in addition to the original privacy functions. An easily navigated user interface enables users to effortlessly program the StealthSwitch1 to perform Single Key commands, mouse clicks (including a double-click), run programs, control media, etc. The unique "tripod" design of the footpedal means that it is easily activated from any direction. To ensure that accidental activations do not occur the pedal does offer a high enough resistance that most users will be able to leave their foot resting on the pedal without risk of activation.
Note: The StealthSwitch1 is driver dependent which means that the driver software must be installed and actively running for the switch to perform the assigned actions.
In order to fully benefit from the expanded capabilities of the StealthSwitch1 users should visit the manufacturer's Download Page and install the most up to date software, titled: "StealthSwitch Pro Software Version 3.09.000" for Windows, or: "StealthSwitch Pro OSX Version 1.0.1" for Mac.Users who wish to perform multiple functions or to enter multi-key commands will want to consider one of the other available Foot Switch options.
Reduces Strain on Fingers
- By transferring highly repetitive actions such as mouse clicking to the feet, the StealthSwitch1 can greatly decrease the potential for finger fatigue and overwork. Doing this can also reduce the risk of developing joint pain, especially for those who use non-ergonomic mice.
Reduces the Potential for Trigger Finger
- "Hovering" a finger over a mouse button in anticipation of the next click can lead to the development of a condition known as "Trigger Finger." Because the StealthSwitch1 is activated by the foot, users can significantly reduce the risk of developing this problem. Transferring the left click to the footswitch or other alternative device also allows the entire hand to relax more completely, which may lead to better cursor control.
- Privacy Screen Feature: The default action for the StealthSwitch1 is a privacy function that hides all active windows. Customization of this function is easily accomplished using the software interface.
- Programmable Keys or Mouse Actions: The StealthSwitch1 Single Action Programmable Foot Switch is easily programmed to perform mouse click functions (including "Double Clicks") and any single keystroke, including Modifier keys.
- Double Click Option: Double click function can easily be performed using the foot switch.
- Software Dependent: The StealthSwitch1 requires that the software driver be installed and operational for both programming and functionality.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
StealthSwitch1 Single Action Programmable Foot Switch
StealthSwitch1 Single Action Programmable Foot Switch - Easy to use Interface
- Diameter: 3.0" (7.6 cm)
- Height: 1.0" (2.5 cm)
- Cord Length: 72" (1.8 m)
- Compatibility: PC: Windows XP, Vista, 7 (32 and 64 bit), 8, 10
Mac: Mac OS X (through OS X v10.9 Maverick)
Works with virtually any Mac or PC software that supports mouse or keystroke control.
- Interface: USB or PS/2 - includes PS/2 bypass for connection of 2 PS/2 devices to a single PS/2 port.
- Default Actions: Privacy Function lets the active screen be hidden with a single click of the foot switch. A wide range of options are available for customization of this function.
- Programmable Actions:
- Single Keystrokes
- Hotkeys (including modifiers)
- Left mouse click
- Middle mouse click
- Right mouse click
- Double mouse click
- Warranty: Discontinued - No Warranty.
- Package Contents: StealthSwitch1 Single Action Programmable Foot Switch Controller, Software CD
Note: (please download updated software from the manufacturer's Download Page and install the most up to date software, titled: "StealthSwitch Pro Software Version 3.09.000" for Windows, or: "StealthSwitch Pro OSX Version 1.0.1" for Mac.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|SS1R3|| StealthSwitch Desktop Cloaking Device|