Page last updated: Thu., 28-May-2020 14:39:14
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
Mogo Portable Stool with Cushionby Focal Upright Furniture
| Additional Resources Usage Tips |
The lightweight, compact and mobile Mogo Stool is an easily portable, lean-to stool which can provide relief from extended standing in a variety of environments both indoors and outdoors. The Mogo Stool has three telescoping sections that provide a range in height from 18.5" to 38" in 1" increments to accommodate both children and adults (up to 6'2" tall and under 250 lbs). The Mogo weighs only 2.6 lbs and can be collapsed to only 18.5" long. Its 14.5" x 8" seat pan is made of fibreglass-reinforced nylon and can be detached and snapped onto the leg for transport. The support frame is composed of extruded annodized aluminum and rubber, and features a reversible base that allows the seat to be used on turf or hard surfaces. (Caution: Do not use the Mogo Stool on wet or oily surfaces.)
Promotes Correct Posture
- The Mogo Portable Stool acts like an ultra-portable version of the the premium Locus Seat
. Like the Locus Seat, the Mogo Stool provides a 'forward tilt' on the pelvis that naturally encourages the 'S-curve' necessary for proper spinal alignment (see image in gallery, below), helping to ensure that the back can provide the necessary support without fatigue. The Mogo Stool also encourages a noticeably more upright stance; the head is properly supported over the spine and hyperextension at the neck is reduced. Not only is this a relaxed position, it also places less strain on the muscles in the neck and upper back.
Reduces Weight Load on Legs and Feet
- The Mogo Stool performs well in this aspect, supporting a significant percentage of the user's weight, thereby reducing the pressure on the joints of the lower limbs. This transfer of weight can reduce the risk of damage to the knee and hip joints, an issue which can arise when these joints remain under continuous strain from standing on hard surfaces.
'Active Movement' Dynamic
- The Mogo Portable Stool is able to pivot freely from the base, whether situated on a hard or soft surface. This pivoting movement encourages users to actively move their body. Unlike traditional seating where the muscles are encouraged to relax and the back to slump accordingly, the pivoting movement of the Mogo can benefit the entire body as users exercise core muscles in addition to the muscles of the legs. Flexing of the muscles of the leg is difficult when in a traditional standing position and this can lead to swelling of the lower legs (edema) as blood and fluid collects in them. The Mogo Stool encourages relaxed activation of these muscles as the user shifts position and uses them to balance throughout the day. Although minimal, this minor flexing aids in moving these fluids back into the circulatory system.
Promotes Health of Spinal Discs
- The 'Active Movement' referred to in the previous point also has a positive impact on the spine. The continuous movement creates a 'pumping' action within the spinal discs. This action aids in drawing nutrients into the discs and expelling waste, resulting in healthier discs.
Improves Internal Organ Activity
- The Mogo Stool also encourages an Open Core Stance (130-135º) which reduces pressure on the internal organs. This means easier and deeper breathing as the lungs are no longer compressed and the diaphragm is not restricted. In addition, this stance and the resulting increase in movement also encourage a more active digestive tract and improve overall circulation.
Increases Mental Alertness
- The Mogo contributes to a greater degree of mental alertness as cardiovascular activity is significantly increased over a traditional static seated position. The upright posture, deeper breathing, improved circulation, and increased ability to move have a direct impact on a user's mental state.
Reduces Risk of Lower Back Pain
- For many people, standing in a static position for extended periods with the feet flat (such as at a standing desk, standing at a sporting event, etc.), can lead to lower back pain. When the Mogo Portable Stool is used to transfer some of the user's weight off the feet, the muscles of the lower back are able to relax rather than remaining in a constant state of tension, thereby reducing the risk of tense and overstressed muscles.
- Many people who stand for long periods have discovered that static standing is actually tiring on the feet, legs, and lower back. The fatigue gradually increases with the amount of time spent on the feet. As a result, they find themselves exhausted and unable to properly focus on or to freely enjoy the activity at hand, be it work or entertainment. By 'leaning' or 'perching' on the Mogo Stool and allowing the seat to bear their weight, users can significantly reduce this fatigue in their back and legs, enabling them to relax and be more fully engaged in their activity.
Decreases Neck Rotation
- The Mogo Portable Stool--through the pivoting base and user-determined tilting range of the seat--offers users a range of movement not provided by traditional seating (chairs, stools, etc). Rather than relying on neck rotation to view to the side, the Mogo user can simply pivot the seat to the left or right and rotate the entire torso accordingly.
- Pivoting Base: The Mogo's base is a single-point pivot which enables the seat to freely follow the movements of the body as users shift their position. This ability to pivot encourages continual movement and triggers core muscle activation as balance is maintained.
- Adjusts to Fit the User: The Mogo Portable Stool is height adjustable within an exceptionally wide range (18.5" - 38"). This range, combined with its leaning capability, enables the Mogo Stool to accommodate anyone from young children to even 6'2" tall adults.
- Comfortable and Secure: The seat pan is naturally contoured and provides secure and comfortable positioning for all users. The seat pad is comprised of firm EVA foam that provides cushioning as well as a non-slip surface for security. The seat pad can easily be removed for cleaning.
- Multi-Purpose: The Mogo is just as suitable for a hike, a soccer game, or an outdoor concert, as it is in an office setting. The unique reversible Pivot Point offers a rubber "Gripper Ball" for hard floor surfaces or a "Turf Point" for outdoor venues. These two options make the Mogo suitable for use on virtually any surface (excluding wet, oily or slippery surfaces).
- Portable, Compact, and Practical: The Mogo Portable Stool is a masterpiece of portable design. Weighing in at just 2.6 pounds (1.2 kg), the Mogo is designed for ease of transport. Compacting down to just 18.5" x 8.5" x 5", it can easily be stored in the included carry bag, a backpack or luggage, and can easily be carried in the hand. Assembly or disassembly takes just a matter of seconds and can be done anywhere. Probably the best feature of the Mogo is its practicality. Whether being used in the office as an 'entry-level' or 'introductory' leaning stool or being taken on a hiking trip, the light weight and compact size of the Mogo Portable Stool make it a practical choice for those seeking a healthier lifestyle.
- Sturdy and Robust: The Mogo Portable Stool is rated to support up to 250 lbs (113 kg).
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Portable MOGO Stool Compacts for Transport & Storage
MOGO Portable Stool Features Sturdy Construction & Comfortable Design
MOGO Portable Stool has Reversible Pivot Point for Indoor & Outdoor Use
MOGO Portable Stool is Ideal for Indoor Venues
MOGO Portable Stool is Easy to Transport for Outdoor Activities
- Seat Height Adjustment: 18.5" - 38" (47 - 84.7 cm)
- Seat Pivot Range: Entire Stool is able to freely pivot
- Seat Pan Dimensions: 8.0 x 14.5" (20.3 x 36.8 cm)
- Seat Cushion: EVA Foam 0.75” (1.9 cm) thick
- Weight Rating: 250 lbs (114 kg)
- Weight: 2.6 lbs (1.2 kg)
- Component Material Details:
- Contoured Seat Pan: Fibreglass-reinforced nylon
- Contoured Seat Cushion: EVA Foam 0.75” (1.9 cm) thick
- Telescoping Leg: Anodized extruded recyclable aluminum Reversible Pivot Point soft durometer rubber foot with fibreglass reinforced nylon turf tip.
- Red Fabric Carrying Bag: Non-woven synthetic fibre with Focal logo
- Warranty: Manufacturer Direct
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|FKS-1000-BK|| Mogo Portable Stool with Cushion, Black|
|FKS-1000-RD|| Mogo Portable Stool with Cushion, Red|
|FKS-0020-BK|| Replacement MOGO Seat Cushion, Black|
|FKS-0020-RD|| Replacement MOGO Seat Cushion, Red|