| Additional Resources Accessories |
Designed for those who mouse with the right hand, the Evoluent Mouse-Friendly Keyboard addresses the common problem of having to reach over the navigation keys and the traditional built-in numeric keypad to reach the mouse. By positioning the numeric keypad on the left side of the keyboard, and providing a single column of navigation keys on its right edge, the Evoluent Mouse-Friendly Keyboard allows the user to place the mouse directly in front of the right shoulder, rather than out to the side. The improved location of the mouse significantly reduces the risk of repetitive strain injuries caused by repeatedly reaching out to the side, or by pivoting at the shoulder joint.
Note: Both left- and right-handed users risk overreach injuries whenever they position devices in such a way that they must reach over one device to access another. Consequently, even though a left-handed numeric keypad might be considered a desirable feature by left-handed users, the major ergonomic benefits of the Evoluent Mouse-Friendly Keyboard would be lost if a left-handed user continued to mouse with the left hand.
A newer version of keyboard has been released by Evoluent, with an almost identical layout. It is Model# R3K - Evoluent Reduced Reach Right-Handed Keyboard. It has a numeric keypad on the left side of the keyboard and arrow keys on the right, the same layout as the KB1-SB Mouse Friendly Compact Keyboard. This keyboard is not the same as the KB1-SB but Evoluent's replacement for it.
- By placing the numeric keypad on the left, the Evoluent Mouse-Friendly Keyboard allows those who mouse with the right hand to bring the mouse much closer to the body, and well within the comfort zone. This greatly reduces strain on the muscles of the right shoulder, as well as in the wrist and elbow, and helps to alleviate fatigue, discomfort and pain. Learn More About Overreaching
Facilitates Load Balancing
- A traditional keyboard requires right-handed users to mouse and to key in numbers with the right hand. This repetitive back and forth motion at the same shoulder joint can lead to inflammation and injury in that muscle group. Using the Evoluent Mouse-Friendly Keyboard, users can distribute the work load more evenly, keying in numbers with the left hand, and mousing with the right.
Reduces Risk of Wrist Extension
- With barely 0.5" between the work surface and the top of the keys, the slim design of the Evoluent Mouse-Friendly keyboard helps users avoid having to bend their hands up at the wrist so their fingers can reach the keys. This position, known as wrist extension, is known to reduce blood flow through the wrist, and to contribute to fatigue, pain and numbness in the hand and forearm. Learn More About Wrist Extension
- Numeric Keypad on the Left: Allows those who mouse with the right hand to bring the mouse into the comfort zone, without sacrificing the convenience of a built-in numeric keypad.
- Low Profile: The slim housing (only 0.5" high) reduces the potential for wrist extension.
- Two Sets of Navigation Keys: Page Up, Page Down, Home, End, and arrow keys are located on the left and the right hand sides of the keyboard to help the user adjust as quickly as possible to the new layout.
- Three Delete Keys: Three delete keys (one on the numeric keypad and two on either side of the space bar) allow access with the left or right hand.
- Tactile Bumps on Frequently Accessed Keys: Tactile bumps on many of the navigation keys help users remain oriented by feel.
- Hot Keys: Hot keys allow one-touch access to frequently used applications such as email clients, media players and browsers, as well as to volume control, standby, power off and wake functions. (Note: these keys are compatible with Windows operating systems only.)
- High-Quality Scissor-Switch Keyswitches: High-quality scissor-switch keyswitches offer the low-travel feel of a laptop keyboard.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Evoluent Mouse-Friendly Keyboard
Traditional keyboard, showing overreach for the mouse
Evoluent Mouse-Friendly Keyboard
Evoluent Mouse-Friendly Keyboard, showing mouse within the comfort zone
- Width: 15.4" (39.1 cm)
- Depth (Front-to-Back): 6.25" (15.9 cm)
- Height: 0.5" (1.3 cm)
- Weight: 2.2 lbs (1000 grams)
- Keyswitch: Scissor-switch membrane
- Number of Keys: 104
- Compatibility: Basic functionality in all versions of Windows, Mac and Linux. (Note: the extra keys on the top row of the keyboard, above the Function keys, are compatible with Windows OS only.)
- Interface: USB
- Warranty: 1 Year
- Length of Cable: 60" (1.5 m)
- Package Contents: Evoluent Mouse-Friendly Keyboard
- Place the mouse on the right side of the keyboard, even if you are a left-handed user, to benefit from reduced reach and load balancing.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|