| Usage Tips Accessories |
The PROXIMA Lateral Monitor Arm is a stylish monitor arm from ErgoVerse that will suspend one monitor above the work surface, allowing easy back and forward motion while being elevated at a fixed height up to 15.5" from desk to mid-monitor. The Quick-Release Adapter makes swapping out monitors fast and easy when needed. The monitor tilter gives the user the versatility of tilting 90° up, 20° down from center, or pivoting from landscape to portrait orientation. In addition, built-in cable management keeps your wires neatly clipped around the pole mount. The included mounting options are desk clamp and grommet. A through-desk mount adapter accessory can be purchased if required. The PROXIMA Lateral Monitor Arm supports monitors up to 20 lbs.
The small footprint of the PROXIMA Lateral Monitor Arm makes it ideal for usage on smaller desk surfaces, including standing desk add-ons. Although the PROXIMA Lateral Monitor Arm is available only for single monitors, those who have two monitors (or more) can purchase additional units due to the lower cost of the arm, giving users greater freedom of movement and placement of monitors.
Available in black or silver colour.
Reduces the Risk of Neck Injury
- A primary risk factor for injury in an office setting is an improperly positioned monitor. A good articulating monitor arm will help eliminate that problem by allowing height adjustment for the monitor relative to the desk surface on which the keyboard and mouse are situated. The PROXIMA Lateral Monitor Arm Monitor Arm provides 14" of vertical adjustment and 18.6" of horizontal adjustment, making it easier to adjust the monitor height to a position that is optimal for the user while sitting.
SPECIAL NOTE FOR USERS WITH MULTIFOCAL OR PROGRESSIVE LENSES
: As users with multifocal lenses rely on the lower portion of their glasses for "near" vision, they generally require the monitor to be positioned at a much lower height vertically than users with no glasses or who only have single-vision lenses. Failing to address this will force the user into an uncomfortable extension at the neck, as they tilt their head back in order to be able to view out of the lower portion of their corrective eyewear. Multifocal users may be able to position their monitors far enough away for best viewing at the intermediate range. Doing so can mitigate the neck extension as it may eliminate the need to tilt the head.
Forward Horizontal Movement
- The PROXIMA Lateral Monitor Arm has two jointed arms to allow the monitor to be extended forward up to 18.6" or compacted when more distance is needed between the user and the monitor screen. This ease or range of movement is not available for monitors with stands but is a great advantage for those who need the greatest flexibility of positioning.
Sit-Stand Workstation Adaptable
- The PROXIMA Lateral Monitor Arm arm can readily be used with many sit-stand workstations, including workstation add-ons, to extend the capabilities of such workstations. With its small footprint, the PROXIMA won't take up a lot of space. This is especially useful for Sit-Stand Workstation add-ons, which are normally compact in size and have limited room for extra accessories.
Increases Desktop Space
- By raising the monitor above the worksurface, space on the desktop is made available for storage and other office accessories (phones, calculators, etc.).
Optimizes the Viewing Angle
- Monitors are best viewed when the face of the monitor is parallel to the face of the user. The ideal angle of the monitor is not necessarily perpendicular to the desk in all cases, however, since many users feel more comfortable slightly tilting their head forward, especially when working in a standing position. Note: As the head tilts forward, there is typically increased weight and load placed on the muscles in the neck, and as such any flexion should be limited to no more than 10 degrees.
SPECIAL NOTE FOR USERS WITH BIFOCALS
: As users with bifocals can only see clearly through the lower portion of their glasses, they require the monitor to be positioned at a much lower height vertically than users with no bifocal glasses. An pole arm like the PROXIMA Lateral Monitor Arm gives more options for positioning the monitor not only lower but at the right distance and angle to make viewing through bifocals more comfortable. Failing to address the particular requirements of bifocal wearers will force those with bifocals into an uncomfortable extension at the neck, as they tilt their head back in order to be able to view out of the lower half of their corrective eyewear.
- Adjusting the vertical and horizontal angle of the monitor will allow users to eliminate glare when viewing the monitor.
Helps Maintain Good Posture When Seated
- When a monitor is too low or high, the user may choose to adjust the position of their torso instead of or in addition to their neck in an attempt to accommodate incorrect monitor height. This will often result in the user leaning forward, shifting them out of the ideal "S" posture in the spine, and losing any potential lumbar support that their chair provides. The correct monitor height may prevent this risk factor from arising.
Isolated Horizontal and Vertical Plane
- The design of PROXIMA Lateral Monitor Arm ensures precise adjustment solely in the horizontal or vertical plane, for example preventing accidental vertical adjustment when pulling the monitor horizontally towards the user.
- Vertical Range: The PROXIMA Lateral Monitor Arm offers a full 14" of vertical range, which is sufficient (if mounted at the ideal height) to provide an appropriate range for sit-stand adjustment for individuals up to 5'8" tall.
- Horizontal Extension: The PROXIMA Lateral Monitor Arm provides 18.6" of lateral reach, allowing the monitor to be brought closer to the front edge of the desk when clamped at the back of a standard 24" deep desk.
- 2-in-1 Reconfigurable Mount: The included reconfigurable mount can be installed in 2 different configurations, as indicated below, which will handle most mounting scenarios. Best of all, if the user decides to change the way the arm is mounted several months after purchase, there is nothing more to buy - simply reconfigure the mount. This convertible mounting solution is also ideal for what can be challenging mounting scenarios for other arms such as thick desk edges, desk edges with longer trim and surfaces with a small lip.
- Desk Edge (Using Clamp) - Clamps to the edge of your desk, no drilling required.
- Grommet Hole Clamps through a grommet hole at least 2" in diameter
- Monitor Tilter: The monitor mount mechanism tilts from 20° down to 90° up and provides 200° of left/right pivot adjustment at the 'head' or 'wrist' of the arm.
- Monitor Rotation: The monitor tilter mechanism provides 90° of rotation allowing viewing in either landscape or portrait orientation.
- Arm Rotates at 3 Joints: The PROXIMA Lateral Monitor Arm provides 360° of rotation at three joints, the base or 'shoulder', the hinge or 'elbow' and the end or 'wrist'. This yields almost limitless flexibility and articulating capabilities, allowing positioning of the monitor at any desired location.
- Compact Storage: When desired, the arm folds up to occupy only 3" of space, freeing up the entire desk for other activities.
- Cable Management: Cable clips provide cable management to prevent cables from dragging on the desk.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
PROXIMA Lateral Monitor Arm - Single Monitor
PROXIMA Lateral Monitor Arm - Silver or Black colour
PROXIMA Lateral Monitor Arm - Forward Extension of the arm
PROXIMA Lateral Monitor Arm - Folded Compact
PROXIMA Lateral Monitor Arm - Cable Management
- PROXIMA Lateral Monitor Arm Information Brochure: PDF
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|PMA-BLK|| PROXIMA Lateral Monitor Arm, Single Monitor, Black|
|PMA-SIL|| PROXIMA Lateral Monitor Arm, Single Monitor, Silver|