| Additional Resources Accessories |
The HYSIIT Saddle Seat from ErgoVerse encourages an upright posture that permits free torso movement, results in deeper breathing, and improves overall circulation. This posture also enables greater reach and range of movement in the upper body, and makes it easy to return to a fully standing position.
The saddle stool design also creates a wider stance, providing a secure seated position that offers relief to the joints of the legs and feet. The breathable fabric saddle seat tilts forward up to 15°, rotating the pelvis forward and resulting in a more natural and comfortable alignment of the back. The full 360° of free rotation lets occupants swivel easily between work areas without the need to twist and turn at the waist. The stool can be positioned at any height from 26" to 35.8", and the easily adjusted gas cylinder creates a cushioning effect that gives slightly when weight is brought to bear, reducing the impact on the lower back.
Self-braking castors permit the stool to roll freely but will brake when weight is removed. This practical feature ensures that the seat remains secured in the same position when unoccupied. Long-wearing woven fabric over foam padding provides a breathable seat for better comfort.
Note: the HYSIIT Saddle Seat is intended for use by taller individuals - at least 5'7" and up. In addition, sitting on a saddle stool elevates the torso and arms higher than a standard seat. As a result, saddle stools are not generally recommended as a replacement for seating at a standard office desk. Please call one of our Product Specialists to discuss your intended use of the HYSIIT Saddle Seat. We will be happy to help you select the best solution for your needs.
Reduces Risk of Lower Back Pain
- Standing with the feet flat for extended periods of time (such as at a standing desk or counter) requires the muscles of the lower back to remain in a state of constant tension (even more so if the abdominal muscles are weak). As the muscles tire, the back tends to curve or arch, which can often lead to an exaggerated degree of lordosis (sometimes referred to as "swayback). Since some degree of unnatural curvature is already common to many back problems, a standing workstation has the potential to increase, rather than decrease, pain and fatigue. The elevated sitting position on a saddle stool such as the HYSIIT positions the thighs at a downward angle. This downward angle tilts the pelvis slightly forward, allowing the spine to return to the natural, gently curved S-shape that provides the greatest strength, stability and support for the entire body. The unnatural, extreme curvature is eliminated, and the overworked muscles of the back are able to relax and recover.
Eliminates Risk of Twisting Injury
- Twisting from the waist is a common cause of lower back injury. The 360° rotation of the HYSIIT stool enables individuals to reach any location within their workzone while eliminating any need to twist at the waist.
Extends Range of Movement
- Working from the elevated saddle stance can significantly increase the range of motion and reach when compared to conventional chairs or stools. This extends the Comfort Zone and permits access to a larger area of the work surface, while at the same time reducing the risk of overextension. Equipped with casters, the HYSIIT is also easily moved about the work area, expanding the potential size of the Comfort Zone. Learn More About the Comfort Zone.
Reduces Strain on Legs and Lower Joints
- Use of the HYSIIT will significantly relieve stress on the joints of the lower legs without limiting mobility. Rising to a standing position from a HYSIIT also requires noticeably less effort than rising from a traditional chair.
Reduces Risk of Lower Limb Circulation Problems
- People working at elevated counters or workstations often prefer to stand, even though static standing can be a contributing factor in the development of edema (swelling of the lower legs). When the muscles of the lower legs are not being flexed their ability to pump blood and fluids through the circulatory system is restricted. Sitting on the HYSIT facilitates flexing of the lower leg muscles, improving circulation and reducing the risk of edema.
Increases Mental Alertness
- The upright, open core stance provided by the HYSIIT, combined with the ability to flex the muscles of the thighs and calves, naturally increases oxygen intake and improves blood flow throughout the body. This helps to reduce physical and mental fatigue and contributes to a greater degree of mental alertness. As well, the absence of a seat back to slouch against helps occupants focus on the task at hand.
Encourages Core Muscle Maintenance
- The healthy posture promoted by the HYSIIT, combined with the absence of a seat back, helps to keep the back and abdominal muscles engaged as they work to stabilize the torso during the work session. This constant, low level activity helps to maintain strength in these core muscle groups without overtaxing them.
Reduces the Impact of Sitting Down
- The gas cylinder provides a cushioning effect, reducing the impact on the tailbone and lower back as weight is brought to bear on the saddle.
- Wide Range of Height Adjustment: Height ranges from 26" - 35.8"
- Tilting Saddle: A simple tilt release lever lets the saddle be tilted forward. This lowers the pommel of the saddle which many find more comfortable, and which can also make mounting and dismounting the saddle stool easier.
- 360° Rotation: The full rotation available on this seat makes it ideal for those situations where it may be necessary or desirable to swivel between work spaces.
- Breathable Fabric Seat: The HYSIIT Saddle Seat features a breathable fabric upholstery for increased comfort.
- Cushioning Gas Spring: The gas spring that provides height adjustment also serves as a shock absorber to help absorb impact when sitting down.
- Rolling Base: The size of the base, combined with the wide stance in which the feet are positioned, ensures a stable seating position. In addition, the casters enable indivdiduals to easily use a push-pull movement with their feet to manoeuvre the stool around the work area.
- Self-Braking Casters: The HYSIIT Saddle Seat is equipped with special casters that engage a braking mechanism as weight is lifted off. This ensures greater safety when getting on and off of the stool. The casters roll freely once weight is placed on the saddle.
- Hand-Activated Gas Lift: Height adjustment is accomplished via a hand-activated gas lift and offers seat heights ranging from 26" - 35.8"
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
HYSIIT Saddle Seat - Model HSS-11216
- Seat Height Range: 26" - 35.8" (66 - 91 cm)
- Seat Tilt Range: 0° to 15° (infinitely adjustable)
- Weight Rating: 264 lbs (120 kg)
- Base: Standard Nylon 5-Star
- Casters: Self Braking (roll freely when saddle is occupied - brake engages when weight is lifted from the seat).
- Weight: 16.5 lbs (7.5 kg)
- Warranty: 5 Years
- Package Contents: HYSIIT Saddle Seat, Assembly Sheet
- The easiest way to be seated on a saddle stool is to approach from the side and swing your leg up and over the saddle. You may also find it easier to tilt the seat pan down, then sit down from the front in the usual way before raising the seat to its optimal height, and readjusting the tilt. If you choose this method, try and remember to lower the seat again before you stand up. Doing so will make it easier to remount the saddle.
- Find Your Optimum Height. Saddle seats are designed to distribute the weight of the body evenly over the surface of the seat. Sitting too low will concentrate the weight over too small an area and create uncomfortable pressure points. Sitting too low also tilts the pelvis backward and rounds the back. This effectively defeats the ergonomic benefits of the saddle stool, making it work against you. To find the correct height for a saddle stool, make sure your thighs are angled downward about 45°. This angle tilts the pelvis slightly forward, allowing the spine to curve naturally into a healthy lordosis (or 'S' shape).
- Set the Correct Workstation Height. Saddle seats are intended for use where the workstation height can also be adjusted. Attempting to work at a station that is too low will result in you needing to reach or bend down to the work surface. This could result in stress and discomfort in the lower back.
- Work at a Compatible Workstation. Ideally you should work at a surface that accommodates the knees and thighs well beneath the surface. Drawers or cupboards will force you back from the surface, resulting in a forward-leaning posture that reintroduces stress in the muscles of the lower back and counter the benefits a saddle stool is intended to provide.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|HSS-11216|| HYSIIT Saddle Seat.|