Page last updated: Thu., 28-May-2020 14:39:15
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
EQUESTRY Saddle Seatby ErgoVerse
| Additional Resources Accessories |
The EQUESTRY Saddle Seat from ErgoVerse positions the user in an upright stance that is known to encourage upper body movement and deeper breathing. Together these have the potential to improve overall circulation and increase the alertness of the user. The upright stance also naturally realigns the spine and reduces the potential for lower back pain which is often associated with extended sitting. In addition it provides users with a noticeably extended reach or "Comfort Zone" which reduces the risk of over-reaching.
The EQUESTRY Saddle Seat comes equipped with casters which lock when weight is lowered onto them, meaning that the chair does not move once the user is seated. This makes this an ideal chair for those performing tasks which require fine control but a full range of movement. The full 360° of free rotation enables users to easily align to equipment or reach other work areas as needed.
The gas lift provides a seat height anywhere between 22" to 27.6" and the seat also has the option of forward tilt up to 15°. This tilted seat position rotates the pelvis further forward, encouraging a more natural alignment of the back. Some users may also find this additional tilt more comfortable. Since the casters lock when weight is put on the chair, shorter users may be able to employ the tilting option in order to use this stool as a leaning solution when they need to move between locations and don't want to go into a fully seated stance.
The EQUESTRY Saddle Seat features easily cleaned black imitation leather upholstery and a chromium-plated steel base for durability.
Reduces Risk of Lower Back Pain
- Standing with the feet flat for extended periods of time (such as at a standing desk or counter) requires the muscles of the lower back to remain in a state of constant tension (even more so if the abdominal muscles are weak.) As the muscles tire, the back tends to curve or arch, which can often lead to an unnatural and unhealthy degree of lordosis (sometimes referred to as "swayback"). Since some degree of unnatural curvature is already common to many back problems, a standing workstation has the potential to increase, rather than decrease, pain and fatigue. The greater elevation afforded the user on a stool such as the EQUESTRY positions the thighs at a downward angle. This alignment of the thigh naturally tilts the pelvis slightly forward, allowing the spine to return to the natural, gently curved S-shape that provides the greatest strength, stability and support for the entire body. The unnatural, extreme curvature is eliminated, and the muscles of the back are able to relax and recover.
Eliminates Risk of Twisting Injury
- The 360° rotation of the EQUESTRY Saddle Seat enables users to reach any location within their workzone without the need of twisting--one of the most common sources of lower back injury.
Extends Range of Movement
- Working from the elevated saddle stance position offers users a noticeable increase in range of motion and reach compared to conventional chairs or stools. This extends the Comfort Zone and allows access to a larger area of the work surface, while at the same time reducing the risk of overextension. Learn More About the Comfort Zone.
Reduces Risk of Lower Limb Circulation Problems
- Users working at elevated counters or workstations usually prefer to stand. Static standing has been identified as a contributing factor in the development of edema (swelling of the lower legs). When the muscles of the lower legs are not active their ability to pump blood and fluids through the circulatory system is restricted. Sitting on, or leaning against, the EQUESTRY frees the user to flex the muscles of the lower legs and by doing so to encourage circulation in the lower legs.
Reduces Strain on Legs and Lower Joints
- Using the EQUESTRY can result in a significant reduction in the stress on the joints of the lower legs since the weight of the user is now borne by the stool. As well, the effort required to transition between sitting and standing fully upright is noticeably reduced as compared to the effort required to rise from a traditional chair.
Increases Mental Alertness
- The upright, open core stance provided by the EQUESTRY, combined with the ability to flex the leg muscles, naturally increases cardiovascular activity. The increased activity facilitates more effective oxygenation of the brain and thereby contributes to a greater degree of mental alertness.
- Tilting Saddle: A simple tilt release lever enables the saddle to be tilted forward. This lowers the pommel of the saddle which some users find more comfortable, especially if the desire is to use the seat more as a leaning solution.
- Wide Range of Height Adjustment: 22" - 27.6"
- 360° Rotation: The full rotation available on this seat makes it ideal for those situations where a user may need to turn repeatedly between work spaces. It also makes it very easy to dismount the stool as users can easily turn to open space and step off the stool.
- Cushioning Gas Spring: The gas spring that provides height adjustment also serves as a shock absorber to absorb impact as the user sits.
- Easily Cleanable: The polyurethane-based imitation leather seat covering is waterproof and impervious to most cleaning agents, making the stool a convenient solution where regular cleaning or disinfection may be necessary.
- Self-Braking Casters: The EQUESTRY Saddle Seat is equipped with "Brake on Load" casters which engage a braking mechanism as weight is lowered onto the seat. This ensures a secure working position once the user is seated--ideal for precision work.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
EQUESTRY Saddle Seat - Model ESS-11215
- Seat Height Range: 21.7" - 27.2" (55 cm - 69 cm)
- Seat Tilt Range: 0° to 15° (infinitely adjustable)
- Weight Rating: 264 lbs (120 kg)
- Base: Chromium-Plated Steel
- Casters: Brake on Load (i.e. lock when seated, roll freely at other times)
- Weight: 11215 - 14.3 lbs (6.5 kg); 11235 - 28.6 lbs (13 kg)
- Warranty: 5 Years
- Package Contents: EQUESTRY Saddle Seat, Assembly Instructions
- Mounting a Saddle Seat. Saddle seats are generally much easier to mount from the back by swinging one leg up and over the saddle. However, an even easier way is to first tilt the seat forward and then lower it below your optimium seat height before getting off. By doing so it may also be possible to comfortably sit down on the saddle without the necessity of swinging the leg over.
- Find Your Optimum Height. Saddle seats are designed to support the body's weight evenly distributed over the surface of the seat. Sitting too low will concentrate the weight on a limited surface area of the pelvic bone structure, resulting in pressure points which will be uncomfortable at best. As well, sitting too low tilts the pelvis backward and will cause the back to adopt the 'C' curve common with standard seats. This effectively defeats the ergonomic benefits of the seat making it actually work against the user. Appropriate sitting height on a saddle style of seat is with the thighs angled downward at about 45°. This angle naturally tilts the pelvis forward and the back will naturally follow this tilt into the correct 'S' curvature. As well, at that angle the buttocks and thighs are now in contact with the entire seat, thereby distributing the user's weight across the whole surface of the saddle.
- Setting Workstation Height. Saddle seats are generally intended for use where the workstation height can be adjusted to match the optimum seating height of the user. Attempting to work at a station too low will result in the user reaching or bending down to the worksurface. This will be uncomfortable as the back will try to adopt a 'C' curve while the alignment of the pelvis is trying to move it to a correct 'S' curve. This will most likely result in stress and discomfort in the lower back. The other approach which may be taken is to lower the seat below optimum height (see point above).
- Finding the Correct Workstation. Ideally you want to work at a surface which allows the knees and thighs to move in under the surface. Drawers or cupboards will force you back from the surface, resulting in a forward-leaning posture which will re-introduce stress in the muscles of the lower back and counter the benefits which a saddle seat is intended to provide.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|ESS-11215|| EQUESTRY Saddle Seat. |
Formerly sold as Model: 11215