Page last updated: Fri, 16-Aug-2019 15:27:32
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
CITZ Saddle Seatby ErgoVerse
| Additional Resources Accessories |
The CITZ Saddle Seat from ErgoVerse is intended to provide industrial workers with a seating solution that can be an aid to improving their overall health and to encourage greater safety in the workplace. The wider stance when straddling a saddle seat provides users with a much wider range of reach, while at the same time ensuring excellent stability and control. The upright stance also provided by saddle sitting is known to encourage upper body movement which can lead to better and deeper breathing and has the potential to improve overall blood flow.
Both the seat and back support are formed from firmly cushioned self-surfaced polyurethane foam that can be easily cleaned, ideal for workplaces where cleaning may be necessary. The fibreglass-reinforced base is equipped with special self-braking casters which permit the CITZ to roll freely when in use but brake when the user lifts their weight. This ensures that the seat remains in the same position from which they stood, adding to the safety and enhancing the ability of the seat to aid users in maintaining focus on the task at hand. A full 360° of free rotation enables users to easily align to equipment or reach other work areas as needed. The gas lift provides a seat height anywhere between 20.9" and 26.4" and the seat also has the option of forward tilt up to 15°. This tilted seat position rotates the pelvis forward, providing a more natural alignment of the back--both healthier and more comfortable for many users. For users who need or are looking for back support, this chair is equipped with a removable height and angle adjustable back support.
Note: Some users with broader frames may find the firmness of the concave edges on the back less than ideal for comfort. The outer dimensions of the back support are 14" wide with a 2.5" deep curvature in the middle.
Note: Sitting on a saddle stool elevates a user higher than a standard seat. Saddle stools are therefore not generally recommended as a replacement for seating at a standard office desk. Please call one of our Product Specialists to discuss your intended use of the CITZ Saddle Seat. We will be happy to help you find the best solution for your needs.
Reduces Risk of Lower Back Pain
- When adjusted to an appropriate height the CITZ positions the thighs at a downward angle with 45° being considered the optimum target. This downward angle tilts the pelvis slightly forward, allowing the spine to return to the natural, gently curved S-shape that provides the greatest strength, stability and support for the entire body. This natural position is also more easily maintained which in turn reduces the demand on the musculature structure of the lower back. The reduction or elimination of the continuous stress on these muscles can significantly reduce the potential for development of lower back pain.
Eliminates Risk of Twisting Injury
- Twisting from the waist is a common cause of lower back injury. The 360° rotation of the CITZ Saddle Seat enables users to reach any location within their workzone without needing to twist at the waist.
Extends Range of Movement of the User
- Working from the elevated saddle stance offers users a noticeable increase in range of motion and reach compared to conventional chairs or stools. This extends the Comfort Zone and allows access to a larger area of the work surface, while at the same time reducing the risk of overextension. Equipped with casters, the CITZ can also move easily aroung the work area, expanding the potential size of the Comfort Zone. Learn More About the Comfort Zone.
Reduces Strain on Legs and Lower Joints
- The use of the CITZ to bear the weight of the user can significantly relieve stress on the joints of the lower legs without limiting mobility since rising to a standing position from a CITZ also requires noticeably less effort than rising from a traditional chair.
Reduces Risk of Lower Limb Circulation Problems
- Users working at elevated counters or workstations often prefer to stand, even though static standing can be a contributing factor in the development of edema (swelling of the lower legs). When the muscles of the lower legs are not being flexed their ability to pump blood and fluids through the circulatory system is restricted. Sitting on the CITZ allows the user to flex the muscles of the lower legs, improving circulation and reducing the risk of edema.
Increases Mental Alertness
- The CITZ provides users with an upright, open core stance which, when combined with the ability to flex the muscles of the thighs and calves, can increase oxygen intake and improve blood flow throughout the body. This can lead to a reduction in physical and mental fatigue and can result in a greater degree of mental alertness.
Encourages Core Muscle Maintenance
- The healthy posture promoted by the CITZ helps to keep the back and abdominal muscles engaged as they work to stabilize the torso throughout the day. This constant, low level activity helps to maintain strength in these core muscle groups without overtaxing them.
Reduces the Impact of Sitting Down
- The gas cylinder provides a cushioning effect, reducing the impact on the tailbone and lower back as the user sits down.
- Height Adjustable: Height ranges from 20.9" - 26.4"
- Tilting Saddle: A simple tilt release lever enables the saddle to be tilted forward. This lowers the pommel of the saddle which some users find more comfortable, and which can also make getting on and off the saddle stool easier.
- Independently Adjustable Back: The back on the CITZ can be tilted independently of the seat, allowing users to align the back for optimum comfort at any seat angle. The height is also easily adjusted to fit the user.
- 360° Rotation: The full rotation available on this seat makes it ideal for those situations where a user may need to swivel between work spaces.
- Polyurethane Seat: The CITZ Saddle Seat features a rugged sealed polyurethane seat for durability and easy cleaning.
- Cushioning Gas Spring: The gas spring that provides height adjustment also serves as a shock absorber to help absorb impact as the user sits down.
- Self-Braking Casters: The CITZ Saddle Seat is equipped with special casters which engage a braking mechanism as weight is lifted off. This ensures greater safety when getting on and off of the stool. The casters roll freely once a user is seated.
- Rolling Base: The size of the base, combined with the wide stance in which the feet are positioned, ensures a stable seating position. In addition, the casters enable users to easily use a push-pull movement with their feet to manoeuver the stool around the work area.
- Hand-Activated Gas Lift: Height adjustment is accomplished via a hand-activated gas lift and offers seat heights ranging from 20.9" - 26.4".
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
CITZ Saddle Seat
- Seat Height Range: 20.9" - 26.4" (53 - 67 cm)
- Seat Tilt Range: 0° to 15° (infinitely adjustable)
- Weight Rating: 264 lbs (120 kg)
- Base: Standard Fibreglass-reinforced Plastic 5-Star
- Casters: Braked (Brake engages when user lifts weight from the stool)
- Weight: 22 lbs (11 kg)
- Warranty: 5 Years
- Package Contents: CITZ Sit-Stand Stool, Assembly Sheet
- Mount Up! The easiest way to be seated on a saddle stool is to approach from the left side and swing your leg up and over the saddle. You might find you prefer to tilt the seat pan down, then sit down from the front in the usual way before raising the seat to its optimal height, and readjusting the tilt. If you choose this method, try and remember to lower the seat again before you stand up. Doing so will make it easier to sit down the next time.
- Find Your Optimum Height: Saddle seats are designed to distribute the weight of the body evenly over the surface of the seat. Sitting too low will concentrate the weight over too small an area and create uncomfortable pressure points. Sitting too low also tilts the pelvis backward and rounds the back. This effectively defeats the ergonomic benefits of the saddle stool, making it work against you. To find the correct height for a saddle stool, make sure your thighs are angled downward about 45°. This angle tilts the pelvis slightly forward, allowing the spine to curve naturally into a healthy lordosis (or 'S' shape).
- Set the Correct Workstation Height: Saddle seats are intended for use where the workstation height can also be adjusted. Attempting to work at a station that is too low will result in the user having to reach or bend down to the work surface. This could result in stress and discomfort in the lower back.
- Work at a Compatible Workstation: Ideally you should work at a surface that accommodates the knees and thighs well beneath the surface. Drawers or cupboards will force you back from the surface, resulting in a forward-leaning posture that reintroduces stress in the muscles of the lower back and counters the benefits a saddle stool is intended to provide.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|CSS-11206|| CITZ Saddle Seat, Black. |
Formerly sold as Model: 11206