Compatible with most contemporary office chairs, the ErgoUP Double Leg Rest is designed to position a leg or knee in an elevated and easily replicable position. This model, with an 18" width, is wide enough to support either one or both legs. This makes it most suitable for situations where the Single or Curve models may not be wide enough. The ErgoUP keeps the foot, knee and hip properly aligned while elevating the foot and lower leg. It is often used following surgery in order to alleviate swelling or edema, relieve knee and foot pain, increase blood circulation, and decrease fatigue. For individualized comfort the ErgoUP Double Leg Rest is available with either Standard or Memory Foam padding, both of which are also available with fabric or leatherette coverings.
The ErgoUP can be attached to most standard office chairs (see note) and functions much like an ottoman does in a residential environment. The support attaches to the central post of the office chair with a velcro strap and rotates 360° to move to the side or rear of chair as required. It can also be fully adjusted in height and distance from the seat. The 1.5" thick rectangular pad is 18" wide x 12" deep and automatically aligns itself to provide the most comfortable angle of support. Unlike some freestanding leg supports, because the ErgoUP is connected directly to the base of the chair it is ideal for situations where a consistent or replicable position is desired.
NOTE: Bases with an unusually high crowning may not be compatible with this product. Please see the Dimensions image on the Detailed Specifications Page.
Support for Leg and Foot
- ErgoUP Leg Rests are intended to act as assistive therapeutic devices and are typically used temporarily by those returning to work after injury or surgery rather than as a permanent solution. Since the pad tilts to match the leg angle there is no need to physically adjust the angle throughout the day - it will automatically change as needed. Some conditions which may benefit from an ErgoUP include Knee Injuries, Bunion Removals, Back Pain, Varicose Veins, Edema, Heavy Leg Syndrome, Neuromuscular Disorders, Trauma, Pregnancy, Cardiovascular Disease, Diabetes, and Side Effects of Certain Medications.
Can Facilitate Increased Circulation
- An ErgoUP can aid in maintaining the appropriate blood flow and circulation in the lower extremities. However, using an ErgoUP for an extended period of time may lead to decreased blood flow and circulation as a result of the elevated positioning of the leg and foot. In the case of extended use, individuals should raise any concerns with their healthcare provider.
Enhances Productivity and Overall Comfort
- Working in a semi-reclined position or with the feet elevated as required throughout the workday can adjust the strain on other muscles in the body and decrease fatigue. This can yield increased comfort by offering varied seating postures and potentially reduce the impact of discomfort on work performance.
- Height and Distance Adjustable: The leg support ottoman can be adjusted in height (from 14" to 24") and distance from the cylinder on the seat (from 16" to 20"), ensuring proper positioning of the leg support for all except those of above-average height (Above Average height users have the option of purchasing an Extension which extends the range up to 26").
- Tilt Adjustable: The tilt of the pad automatically conforms to the angle of the leg, providing optimal comfort and ergonomic benefit.
- Two Cushioning Options: Regular foam pads provide soft but firm support which quickly springs back to shape. Memory Foam pads contour to the body contours and provide a feeling of softer support, but take longer to return to the default position. If concern exists regarding the possibility of pressure points the Memory Foam is the preferred choice.
- Choice of Cover Material: The furniture fabric covering of the pads breathes better than leatherette pads. This aids in preventing hot spots and sweating. However, the leatherette pads are more easily cleaned and disinfected.
- Versatile and Portable Design: The ErgoUP attaches to the chair lift cylinder and is able to rotate 360° around the chair. This means it is possible to easily pivot it to the side or back into the supporting position without an awkward movement. Getting in and out of the seat is not impeded by the ErgoUP; individuals can simply swivel the support to one side or the other.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
ErgoUP Double Leg and Foot Rest
ErgoUP Double Leg Rest - Supports One or Both Legs
ErgoUP Double Leg Rest - Attaches to Chair
ErgoUP - Mounting Dimensions
ErgoUP Double Leg Rest - Available Models
- ErgoUp Installation Instructions: PDF
- Horizontal Distance from Chair Mount to Centre of Leg Rest:
Standard: 16" (40.6 cm)to 20" (50.8 cm)
With Optional Extension: 22" (55.7 cm) to 26" (66 cm)
- Vertical Adjustment Range for Leg Rest:
Minimum: 14" (35.6 cm)
Maximum: 24" (61.0 cm)
- Angle of Adjustment for Leg Rest:
Minimum: -90 degrees
Maximum: +90 degrees
NOTE: The support tilts freely, aligning to provide the most comfortable angle.
- Pad Width: 18" (45.72 cm)
- Pad Length: 12" (30.48 cm)
- Pad Thickness: 1.5" (3.81 cm)
- Colour: Black
- Shape: Flat
- Pad Covering Material: Furniture Fabric or Leatherette (antibacterial vinyl)
- Pad Inner Material: Standard Foam or Memory Foam
- Warranty: One Year on parts and manufacturing defects - does not cover wear and tear
- Package Contents: ErgoUp Double Leg Rest, Assembly/Installation Guide
- When making initial height adjustments and determining the best distance to position the leg rest from the chair it is suggested that you enlist the assistance of another person who can perform these adjustments while you are seated comfortably. This will ensure that the height is appropriate. The angle will automatically adjust to match your seating position.
- When getting up or sitting down, always ensure that the ErgoUP is swung out of the way to ensure that it does not become a safety hazard.
- Unless directed otherwise by medical service providers it may be a good idea to occasionally remove the leg from the pad and adopt a more traditional sitting position, even if for short periods.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|18FSB|| ErgoUP Double, Black Furniture Fabric, 1.5" Foam Pad|
|18LSB|| ErgoUP Double, Black Leatherette, 1.5" Foam Pad|
|18FMB|| ErgoUP Double, Black Furniture Fabric, 1.5" Memory Foam Pad|
|18LMB|| ErgoUP Double, Black Leatherette, 1.5" Memory Foam Pad|
|XL COUPLER|| Extension Accessory for Tall Users, increases maximum extension from 20" to 26" from cylinder|