The CURVE ErgoUP Leg Rest is an ideal way to position a leg or knee in an elevated and consistent position. Compatible with most contemporary office chairs, this ErgoUP model supports one leg at a time and features a curved and padded cradle that elevates the leg, while ensuring it remains safely and securely supported. The curved cradle makes it especially suitable for situations where the flat Single or Double model may not be appropriate (for example if an individual has tremors or where serious damage could be done should the leg slip off the surface). The CURVE ErgoUP keeps the foot, knee and hip properly aligned while elevating the foot and lower leg. It is often used following surgery in order to alleviate swelling or edema, relieve knee and foot pain, increase blood circulation, and decrease fatigue. For individualized comfort the Curve ErgoUP is available with either Standard or Memory Foam padding, both of which are also available with fabric or leatherette coverings.
The CURVE ErgoUP can be attached to most standard office chairs (see note) and functions much like an ottoman does in a residential environment. The support attaches to the central post of the office chair with a velcro strap. The casters mean it can pivot 360° to move to the side or rear of chair as required. It can also be fully adjusted in height and distance from the seat, with the curved cradle automatically aligning itself to provide the most comfortable angle of support. The concave rest is 9" wide x 12" deep with a curvature depth of 2" and a padding thickness of 1.5". Unlike some freestanding leg supports, because the ErgoUP is connected directly to the base of the chair it is ideal for situations where a consistent or replicable position is desired.
NOTE: Bases with an unusually high crowning may not be compatible with this product. Please see the Dimensions image on the Detailed Specifications Page.
Support for Leg and Foot
- ErgoUP Leg Rests are intended to act as assistive therapeutic devices and are typically used temporarily by those returning to work after injury or surgery rather than as a permanent solution. Since the pad tilts to match the leg angle there is no need to physically adjust the angle throughout the day - it will automatically change as needed. Some conditions which may benefit from an ErgoUP include Knee Injuries, Bunion Removals, Back Pain, Varicose Veins, Edema, Heavy Leg Syndrome, Neuromuscular Disorders, Trauma, Pregnancy, Cardiovascular Disease, Diabetes, and Side Effects of Certain Medications.
Increases Blood Flow and Circulation
- An ErgoUP can help to maintain the appropriate circulation in the lower extremities. However, using the ErgoUP for an extended period of time also has the potential to lead to decreased circulation as a result of the elevated positioning of the leg and foot. In the case of extended use, individuals should raise any concerns with their healthcare provider.
Enhances Productivity and Overall Comfort
- Working in a semi-reclined position or with the feet elevated as required throughout the workday can adjust the strain on other muscles in the body and decrease fatigue. This can yield increased seating comfort by offering varied seating postures and potentially reduce the impact of discomfort on work performance.
Concave 'Cradle' Design
- For some applications, there may be a desire to have extra surety of support. The concave cradle design ensures that the leg cannot accidentally slip off the support.
- Height and Distance Adjustable: The leg support can be adjusted in height (from 14" to 22") and distance from the cylinder on the seat (13" to 22"), ensuring proper location of the leg support for all except those of above-average height (Above Average height individuals have the option of purchasing an Extension which extends the distance from the cylinder up to 28".)
- Tilt Adjustable: The tilt of the pad automatically conforms to the angle of the leg, providing optimal comfort and ergonomic benefit.
- Two Types of Cushioning: Regular foam pads provide soft but firm support which quickly springs back to shape. Memory Foam pads contour to the body contours and provide a feeling of softer support, but take longer to return to the default position. If concern exists regarding the possibility of pressure points the Memory Foam is the preferred choice.
- Choice of Cover Material: The furniture fabric covering of the pads breathes better than leatherette pads. This aids in preventing hot spots and sweating. However, the leatherette pads are more easily cleaned and disinfected.
- Versatile and Portable Design: The CURVE ErgoUP attaches to the chair lift cylinder and is able to rotate a full 360° around the chair. This means it is possible to easily pivot it out of the way to the side or back into the supporting position without any awkward movement. Getting in and out of the seat is not impeded by the CURVE ErgoUP - individuals can simply swivel the support to one side or the other.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
CURVE ErgoUP Leg Rest
CURVE ErgoUP Leg Rest in Use
CURVE ErgoUP Leg Rest - Attaches to Chair
CURVE ErgoUP Leg Rest - Mounting Dimensions
CURVE ErgoUP Leg Rest - Avalable Models
- ErgoUp Installation Instructions: PDF
- Horizontal Distance from Chair Mount to Centre of Leg Rest:
Standard: 13" (33.0 cm) to 22" (55.9 cm)
With Optional Extension: 28" (71.1 cm) to 28" (71.1 cm)
- Vertical Adjustment Range for Leg Rest:
Minimum: 16" (40.6 cm)
Maximum: 22" (55.9 cm)
- Angle of Adjustment for Leg Rest:
Minimum: -90 degrees
Maximum: +90 degrees
NOTE: The support tilts freely, aligning to provide the most comfortable angle.
- Pad Width: 9" (30.48 cm) Curve
- Pad Length: 12" (30.48 cm)
- Pad Thickness: 1.5" (3.81 cm)
- Colour: Black
- Shape: Curved
- Pad Covering Material: Furniture Fabric or Leatherette
- Pad Inner Material: Standard Foam or Memory Foam
- Warranty: One Year on parts and manufacturing defects - does not cover wear and tear
- Package Contents: CURVE ErgoUP Leg Rest, Assembly/Installation Guide
- When making initial height adjustments and determining the best distance to position the leg rest from the chair it is suggested that you enlist the assistance of another person who can perform these adjustments while you are seated comfortably. This will ensure that the height is appropriate. The angle will automatically adjust to match your seating position.
- When getting up or sitting down, always ensure that the ErgoUP is swung out of the way to ensure that it does not become a safety hazard.
- Unless directed otherwise by medical service providers it may be a good idea to occasionally remove the leg from the pad and adopt a more traditional sitting position, even if for short periods.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|CFSB|| ErgoCurve, Black Furniture Fabric, 1.5" Foam Pad|
|CLSB|| ErgoCurve, Black Leatherette, 1.5" Foam Pad|
|CFMB|| ErgoCurve, Black Furniture Fabric, 1.5" Memory Foam Pad|
|CLMB|| ErgoCurve, Black Leatherette, 1.5" Memory Foam Pad|
|XL COUPLER|| Extension Accessory for Tall Users, increases maximum extension from 20" to 26" from cylinder|