| Images Additional Resources Accessories |
The Freedom Stand Dual from Ergotech Group is a height-adjustable sit-stand add-on unit that converts almost any sit-only desk into a sit-stand desk. This all-in-one unit will raise a keyboard, mouse, or other desk accessories, including dual monitors, to whatever standing height needed (up to 19.0" above desk height for the keyboard platform; up to almost 42.0" above desk height to the middle of the monitor).
The keyboard platform (30" W x 18.8" D) and monitor mount (75x75 or 100x100 mm VESA compatible) move as one unit for height adjustment.* The Freedom Stand uses a heavy metal base to stabilize the unit so that it can be positioned anywhere on the desk surface without having to clamp or bolt it to the desk. Also, there is a release mechanism built into the keyboard platform on the right side, which releases a lock when pressed so that you can then effortlessly move the platform up or down as desired.
*NOTE: The monitor height relative to the keyboard platform is set when the unit is assembled and is not intended to be adjusted on the fly while in use. It can be readjusted by disassembling the monitor clamp and reassembling at whatever height is needed.
Reduces the Risks Associated with Extended Sitting
- Studies have shown that sitting (and even standing) for prolonged periods of time is a risk factor for health. For those who work at stationary workstations, a desk that gives the user the option to sit and
stand throughout the day will help break up those prolonged periods of unhealthy stationary work. The Freedom Stand allows the user to adjust the height of the workstation to accommodate both sitting and standing positions whenever desired.
Reduces the Risk of Neck Injury
- One of several key risk factors for injury in an office setting is an improperly positioned monitor. The Freedom Stand offers users a substantial adjustment range so they can position the monitors at an appropriate height relative to the worksurface.
Reduces the Risks Associated with Overreaching
- The Freedom Stand provides a generous 30" x 18" working area with plenty of real estate for the keyboard, mouse and other office devices such as calculators, phones, and tablets. Learn More About the Comfort Zone
- Free Standing (Drill and Clamp-Free): Because the Freedom Stand is freestanding there is no need for drilling into the desk, or clamping onto its edge. A heavy solid steel base allows the unit to be positioned on a desk top without creating a tipping hazard. Felt pads underneath the base prevent scuffing or scratching of the desktop.
- Dual Monitor Mounting: The Freedom Stand Dual allows two monitors to be mounted on a single crossbar. Each monitor can be positioned anywhere along the side-mounted crossbars for optimal viewing. Monitors must be VESA compatible with a hole pattern of 75 x 75 or 100 x 100 mm, and no more than 13.2 lbs each (not including any monitor stand). The monitor mounts support Tilt, Pan and Rotation so monitors can be positioned for optimum viewing.
- Side Release Lever Mechanism: For effortlessly moving the keyboard platform up and down, a side release lever is positioned on the right hand side of the platform which, when depressed, releases the gas cylinder lock. While still holding the level depressed, both hands on either side of the platform can be used to lift it up or push it down to the desired height. Simply stop depressing the release lever to lock the platform into a fixed height position.
- Convenient Cup and Tablet/Phone Holders: The top includes a convenient cup holder as well as a central Tablet/Phone tray that can be used to position touch devices for unobstructed viewing and easy access.
- To adjust the keyboard platform downward with ease, while pressing the release lever apply a steady force at both sides of the platform using your hands. If you get initial resistance, place your free hand (not the hand pressing the release lever) towards the back of the platform and do the same, so that you apply more force forward. If this, too, is a problem, ask someone else for assistance.
- Move between standing and sitting on a regular basis. If you are just starting out with a sit-stand desk, maintain yourself in the standing position for brief intervals - don't try to stand for extended periods until your body has adjusted and become comfortable.
- If you find standing tiring, consider purchasing a quality anti-fatigue mat which can significantly increase your comfort by enabling your feet and legs to shift slightly while you work.
- Consider a "leaning" style of seat rather than going back to the standard office chair. Using a seat such as this can ease the load on the feet and legs while still providing most of the benefits of the fully upright standing posture.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|FDM-STAND-2|| Freedom Stand Dual, Black Work s Surface, Black Column, Dual VESA Mount and Keyboard Tray, supports 2 monitors up to 13.2 lbs each|