Page last updated: Thu, 13-Jun-2019 15:43:36
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
| Additional Resources |
The Wallaby is an adjustable height desk which converts any ordinary desk into a sit-stand desk. It is free-standing (no clamping required) and easily moved to any position on the desk. The main keyboard platform adjusts up or down with the assistance of a gas cylinder (or lift), making quick adjustments throughout the day easy and effortless. This platform is generous compared to most keyboard trays at 28" wide and 24" deep and can be adjusted up to 16.5" above the desk. With the built-in "stopping bolt" feature, the user can raise the platform to a preset desired height every time. All Wallaby models also include a stabilization leg to practically eliminate worksurface vibration.
A single monitor is attached to a monitor mount (or bracket) using a standard (75 or 100 mm hole pattern) VESA plate (included). The monitor mount allows for panning, tilting, or rotating the monitor from landscape to portrait positions. The Wallaby is designed so that the user sets the monitor at the desired height relative to the keyboard platform and it stays locked in that relative position, that is, the monitor will always move in tandem with the platform. There is an 7” height range of adjustment for setting this initial distance. It is this feature which differentiates the Wallaby from the Kangaroo, since the Kangaroo offers independent monitor height adjustment via a second gas cylinder.
The Wallaby is recommended for monitors up to 15 lbs (without stand attached). For heavier monitors, customized units can be special ordered upon request.
Available colour options include Black, Cherry, and Maple. Additional accessories to extend the worksurface are also available.
Reduces the Risks Associated with Extended Sitting
- Studies have shown that sitting (and even standing) for prolonged periods of time is a risk factor for health. For those who work at stationary workstations, a desk that gives the user the option to sit and
stand throughout the day will help break up those prolonged periods of unhealthy stationary work. The Wallaby allows the user to adjust the height of the workstation to accommodate both sitting and standing positions whenever desired.
Reduces the Risk of Neck Injury
- One of several key risk factors for injury in an office setting is an improperly positioned monitor. A good sit-stand desk will help eliminate that problem by allowing independent height adjustment of the monitor relative to the worksurface on which the keyboard and mouse are situated. The Wallaby has 6.5" of independent adjustment to play with, making it easier to adjust the monitor height to a position that is optimal for the user, whether the user is sitting or standing. Learn More About Improper Monitor Position.
- Free Standing (Drill and Clamp-Free): The Wallaby is ideal for organizations that prohibit drilling into the desk, or clamping onto its edge. A heavy solid steel base allows the unit to be positioned on a desk top without creating a tipping hazard. Felt pads underneath the base prevent scuffing or scratching of the desktop.
- One-Time Monitor Height Adjustment: There is 7.0” of height adjustment between monitor and keyboard platform available during setup. This feature enables the user to fix the relative distance from the monitor to the keyboard platform, so that this fixed distance will be maintained as the platform and monitor move in tandem up or down. Most users will need to adjust the monitor height relative to the keyboard platform only once.
- Easily Moved Base: Non-marking felt pads on the base of the Wallaby enable users to slide it easily out of the way to access the desk top or to reposition the unit to a better location.
- Single Monitor Mounting: The Wallaby allows one monitor to be mounted on a single mount. The monitor must be VESA compatible with a hole pattern of 75 x 75 or 100 x 100 millimeters, and also less than 25" wide (not diagonally) and not exceeding 15 lbs (not including any monitor stand).
- Stopping Bolt: The stopping bolt allows the user to set the desk at the preferred height for standing, so that the platform will stop at the correct height automatically whenever the user turns the release on the gas cylinder.
- Stabilization Leg: Each Wallaby unit comes with one stabilization leg, which greatly increases the stability of the main worksurface platform and vastly reduces vibration.
- Worksurface Extension Accessories: Optional accessories can be purchased to extend the worksurface on the sides and front.
- Multiple Colour Finishes: All Wallaby units are available in four colours: Black, Cherry, Maple, and Putty (by special order only). Optional accessories can be purchased in the same finish.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Wallaby - In lowest position (sitting)
Wallaby - Showing monitor mount
Wallaby - Showing monitor mount in lowest position (sitting)
Wallaby - Available Colour Options
Wallaby - Showing Optional Extensions
- Keyboard Platform: 28" wide x 24" deep
- Platform Height Adjustability: Up to 16.5" above desktop
- Adjustment Mechanism: Gas cylinder (for keyboard platform only)
- VESA Mount: 75 x 75 or 100 x 100 (millimeters)
- Monitor-to-Platform Range of Adjustment: 7" adjustment range
- Maximum Monitor Weight: 15 lbs (without stand attached)
- Monitor Adjustibility: Pan 60°, Tilt ±15°, Rotate 360°
- Base Plate Material: Solid steel
- Base Plate Dimensions: 17.5" wide x 16" deep
- Stabilization Leg: Included
- Optional Worksurface Accessories: Side and front extensions available
- Colour Options: Black, Maple, and Cherry (Putty is available as Special Order only)
- Warranty: Manufacturer Direct according to Ergo Desktop Guarantee
- Package Contents: Wallaby Unit, Stabilization Leg (x1), Instructions, Assembly Hardware
- To adjust the keyboard platform downward with ease, apply a steady initial force at the back of the platform using both hands. If you have back problems that would make this type of movement difficult, go around to the back of your desk and do the same, so that you do not have to lean forward as much. If this, too, is a problem, ask someone else for assistance.
- Center the stabilization leg under the keyboard platform with the foot of the leg sitting on the metal base. This will allow you to reposition the Wallaby on your desk without disturbing the stabilization leg.
- Move between standing and sitting on a regular basis. If you are just starting out with a sit-stand desk, maintain yourself in the standing position for brief intervals - don't try to stand for extended periods until your body has adjusted and become comfortable.
- If you find standing tiring, consider purchasing a quality anti-fatigue mat which can significantly increase your comfort by enabling your feet and legs to shift slightly while you work.
- Consider a 'leaning' style of seat rather than going back to the standard office chair. Using a seat such as this can ease the load on the feet and legs while still providing most of the benefits of the fully upright standing posture.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|ED-WAL-BLK|| Wallaby, Black|
|ED-WAL-CHE|| Wallaby, Cherry|
|ED-WAL-MAP|| Wallaby, Maple|
|WAL-BLK-5B-S|| Wallaby, Black|
|ED-OW-CHE-2x|| Optional Worksurface Accessory (pair), 11.5" x 11.5", Cherry|
|ED-OW-MAP-2x|| Optional Worksurface Accessory (pair), 11.5" x 11.5", Maple|
|ED-OW-PUT-2x|| Optional Worksurface Accessory (pair), 11.5" x 11.5", Putty|
|ED-OW-BLK-2x|| Optional Worksurface Accessory (pair), 11.5" x 11.5", Black|
|ED-EW-CHE|| Keyboard Extension (28" x 9"), Cherry|
|ED-EW-MAP|| Keyboard Extension (28" x 9"), Maple|
|EW-BLK|| Keyboard Extension (28" x 9"), Black|
|LG|| Stabilization Leg|