| Additional Resources Usage Tips Accessories |
Designed with the numeric keypad, navigation keys and common keyboard shortcuts on the left side, the Left-Handed Mechanical Keyswitch Keyboard from DSI enables left-handed users to transfer a significant portion of their keyboarding workload to their stronger, dominant side.
The Left-Handed Mechanical Keyswitch Keyboard offers a full 104-key layout, with high quality Cherry Red linear mechanical keyswitches for a stable, low force feel and long-lasting durability.
NOTE: These are NOT the newer Cherry Silent Red keyswitches, rather they are the original classic high audible linear keyswitches which do not "click" when the key is actuated, but do generate a loud "clack" at the end of the key travel distance.
Note: Regardless of the type of keyboard used, all users risk overreach injuries whenever they position devices in such a way that they must reach over one device to access another. The Left-Handed Mechanical Keyswitch Keyboard can help a left-handed user reduce the risk of overreach injury only if the user is able to mouse with the right hand.
Allows Greater Use of Dominant Hand
- The Left-Handed Mechanical Keyswitch Keyboard allows left-handed users to transfer major keyboarding tasks to their stronger, dominant side.
Reduces Risk of Overuse Injuries
- Overuse of any muscle can lead to fatigue and injury. Overuse of muscles on the non-dominant side carries a slightly higher risk—these weaker muscle groups fatigue more quickly, and resulting injuries can take longer to heal. The Left-Handed Mechanical Keyswitch Keyboard allows users to signifcantly reduce their dependency on the non-dominant hand.
Balances Keyboarding Workload
- By situating the numeric keypad and navigation keys on the left side, the Left-Handed Mechanical Keyswitch Keyboard offers all users the opportunity to balance the workload between their left and right sides—provided they mouse with their right hand.
Note that regardless of handedness or keyboard design, users who are able to balance the data entry workload between their left and right sides can expect to experience the greatest ergonomic benefit. Please call for information on available solutions.
Reduces Risk of Overreach Injury
- The Left-Handed Mechanical Keyswitch Keyboard allows left-handed users who are able to mouse with their right hand to place the mouse directly in front of the shoulder. Placing the mouse close to the body and in line with the shoulder greatly reduces strain on the shoulder, as well as in the wrist and elbow. Learn More About Overreaching.
Increases Keying Accuracy for Left-Handed Users
- Use of the dominant hand to input numeric data helps to reduce frustration, increase keying precision, and enhance the development of muscle memory.
- Numeric Keypad and Navigation Keys on the Left: Improves comfort and productivity for left-handed users.
- Standard Text Entry Keys: Familiar 104-key layout for text entry.
- Mechanical Keyswitches: High quality Cherry Red linear mechanical keyswitches.
- Tactile Bumps on Landmark Keys: Tactile bumps on the F and J keys help experienced typists quickly reorient to the home row.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Left-Handed Mechanical Keyswitch Keyboard
Left-Handed Mechanical Keyswitch Keyboard, left side detail
Left-Handed Mechanical Keyswitch Keyboard, right side detail
- Width: 18.06" (45.8 cm)
- Depth (front to back): 6.43" (16.3 cm)
- Height: 1.43" (3.6 cm)
- Weight: 2.5 lbs (1.13 kg)
- Number of Keys: 104
- Keyswitch Type: Cherry Red Linear Mechanical
- Keyswitch Rating: 20 million actuations
- Keycap Size: 0.76" (1.94 cm)
- Key Activation Force: 45 g
- Key Travel Distance: 0.14" ± 0.02" (3.5 mm ± 0.5 mm)
- Interface: USB (USB to PS/2 adapter included)
- Compatibility: USB-compatible Operating Systems (Legended for Windows)
- Warranty: 1 Year
- Package Contents: Left-Handed Mechanical Keyswitch Keyboard, USB to PS/2 adapter
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|DCK-LH104U-RD-V2|| Left-Handed Mechanical Keyswitch Keyboard|
|KB8861XP|| Left-Handed Mechanical Keyswitch Keyboard, PS/2|