Page last updated: Fri, 19-Jul-2019 14:32:44
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
Slim Atlas Book Holderby Dainoff Designs
| Additional Resources |
When desk space is limited, the Slim Atlas Book Holder from Dainoff Designs provides the same rugged build and practical design as the Standard Atlas but in a compact 8.5" wide package. Especially practical for holding standard letter and legal-sized documents, the 8.5" wide shelf also provides adequate support for three-ring binders, reference texts and manuals, as well as slim bound documents and loose papers. The book holder is made of vinyl-coated medium density fiberboard with a birch vinyl finish and smoothly curved edges. A well at the front keeps a pen or pencil handy.
Accessories supplied with the book holder include a transparent, spring-loaded document clip to secure a stack of documents up to two inches thick, two short and two long metal dowel page stoppers (not shown) to ensure that books and binders stay open at the correct page, and a unique reversible line guide designed to work well when viewing materials of any thickness.
Reduces Strain on the Neck and Upper Back
- The Slim Atlas Book Holder allows users to maintain healthy alignment of the spine through the neck, shoulders and upper back. The adjustable shelf lets users position materials at a comfortable viewing height. When this is combined with the easy angle adjustment, the Book Holder helps users avoid repeatedly looking down at the desk. This decreases the potential for strain at the back of the neck and in the upper back as the head can now be held in a much more neutral position, reducing the risk of repetitive strain injuries (RSI) and headaches.
Reduces Strain on the Hands, Arms and Shoulders
- The Slim Atlas Book Holder offers hands-free reading at work, at home and at college. The Slim Atlas is able to support materials ranging from single pages to full binders and large books.
Reduces Eye Fatigue and Strain
- The free-standing Slim Atlas Book Holder can be placed at the recommended viewing distance whether reading for pleasure, or referencing materials adjacent to the monitor at work. As well, viewing documents at an angle approximately perpendicular to the line of sight eliminates the perspective distortion created when documents are laid flat upon the surface. This means that the eyes are not required to constantly be changing focus while moving up or down the page which can significantly decrease the risk of fatigue to the muscles of the eyes. The high viewing angles which the Standard Atlas Book Holder is capable of makes it well suited to address these concerns.
- Viewing materials with perspective distortion requires the brain to process more data in order to compensate and interpret the data correctly. This is especially valid when viewing written documents laid flat on a work surface. Since more concentration and effort is required to accurately comprehend the content both the speed at which content can be read as well as the level of comprehension are improved when material is oriented closer to the plane perpendicular to the line of sight.
- Simple Wood and Dowel Construction: The time-tested simplicity of its design and construction makes the Slim Atlas Book Holder a practical solution for users of all ages and technical abilities. Securing documents, raising and lowering the shelf, and adjusting the viewing angle are all quickly and easily accomplished by moving the metal dowels.
- Adjustable Viewing Angles: A reversible, triangular support block at the rear allows the easel to be positioned at eleven separate angles between 13° and 62° from vertical.
- Storage Groove: The handy pencil groove provides convenient storage for page stoppers, pens, pencils and other stationery.
- Reversible Line Guide: The simple, practical design of the line-guide allows it to be used in two different ways— the narrow block helps users navigate columns of text or data, the wide bar helps readers remain oriented in written text.
- Spring-Loaded Document Clip: Spring-loaded disk can be mounted through any available dowel hole on the easel to clip loose papers into place, and to keep light-weight papers upright and tidy..
- Page Stoppers: Metal dowels can be placed through any available dowel hole on the shelf to prevent books from closing and keep reference materials in the desired position.
- Sturdy Construction: The Slim Atlas Book Holder is made of 0.5" MDF with rounded corners and edges, seamlessly coated with vinyl.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Slim Atlas Book Holder - side view
Slim Atlas Book Holder - front view
- Footprint: 7.5" x 11"
(19.0 cm x 27.9 cm)
- Shelf: 8.5" x 3.0"
(21.6 cm x 7.6 cm)
- Easel: 7.5" x 14.25"
(19.0 cm x 36.2 cm)
- Shelf Height Adjustment: 11.25" (28.6 cm)
- Weight: 4 lbs (1.8 kg)
- Weight Capacity: 25 lbs (11.3 kg)
- Angle Adjustability: 13° to 62°, 11
- Warranty: 1 Year, limited to defects in material and workmanship, and to replacement or repair of the book holder.
- Package Contents: Slim Atlas Book Holder, Reversible Line Guide, Spring Loaded Document Clip, Page Stopper Dowel Set (2 short, 2 long), User Guide
- When positioning the Slim Atlas Book Holder try to place it at an optimum reading distance, roughly 18" - 24" from your eyes. The tops of the documents you are viewing should be close to level with your eyes. Elevating the shelf as necessary can bring materials to a suitable height.
- Documents are more readable when positioned at an angle roughly perpendicular to the line of sight. Adjust the angle of the Atlas to position the documents at the appropriate angle. This angle adjustment can also be used to compensate for reflective glare.
- Use the document clip and the page stoppers to optimize the value of your Atlas. Read the Owner's Guide to get pointers on how to best benefit from the features included in the Atlas design.
- If your Atlas is equipped with the Line Guide remember to use it when viewing documents. As well, if you have the Document Clip be sure to keep it available to keep loose documents secured in place.
- If you are writing on materials on the Atlas, try not to rest the underside of your arm against the edge of the shelf as this can reduce circulation.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|AT-SLIM-BIR|| Slim model, birch|
|AT-PS|| Replacement Page Stoppers|
|AT-LG|| Replacement Reversible Line Guide|
|AT-SC|| Replacement Spring-loaded Clip|