| Additional Resources Usage Tips Accessories |
Contour Design offers two different Shuttle devices that are powerful productivity enhancement tools for video and audio editors. The ShuttleXpress is the basic model - and the smaller and more compact of the two. It features 5 programmable buttons as well as highly responsive Shuttle and Jog controls that provide excellent tactile feedback. The ShuttleXpress driver comes pre-configured with settings for over 100 Audio and Video editing applications. In fact, it will detect the active application and automatically switch to the appropriate shortcut profile. Of course the driver can also be used to easily modify or create custom profiles to match individual production demands. Macro capabilities mean that multiple tasks can be assigned to and executed with the press of a single button.
The ShuttleXpress provides multimedia editors with a ergonomic editing interface that will let them better maintain and maximize their productivity. This compact device features a low-profile ambidextrous design that facilitates one-hand access to the five (5) fully programmable buttons, the inner Shuttle dial, and the outer Jog wheel. The inner dial or "shuttle" has a convenient dimple for fingertip control and rotates smoothly and continuously through 360°, with distinct tactile detents. The outer black ring or "jog" is rubberized and spring-loaded. It facilitates fast forward and rewind, and returns to centre immediately upon release. Both the jog and shuttle can be custom configured for many other purposes such as scrolling, volume control, sequencing, even mouse clicks.
If the features and functions of the ShuttleXpress appeal but a greater level of customization is desired the ShuttlePRO V.2 offers an additional 10 programmable buttons.
Virtually Eliminates Clicking and Dragging
- Using a mouse to perform editing involves a high degree of clicking and then dragging with the mouse button held down. This puts a high strain on the finger, especially when repeated hundreds or thousands of times each day. The ShuttleXpress simplifies this process, greatly reducing that potential of developing conditions such as Trigger Finger
Positions Controls for Ease of Access
- The controls on the ShuttleXpress are clustered to provide easy access, whether being used with the right or left hands. This lets the hand stay in position, reducing the potential for strain to occur as a result of repetitive changes in hand position.
- Compact Design: At just 4.25" in diameter the ShuttleXpress fits virtually any size of hand, with all controls within easy reach.
- Shuttle Dial Provides Effortless Timeline Navigation: The Shuttle dial has clear detents to aid when stepping through a timeline. Control is done using a single fingertip to spin the dial using the single "dimple" target on the top of the dial.
- Spring-Loaded Jog Wheel: The Jog wheel rotates 90° to the right or left, and is spring-loaded to automatically return to center upon release. The resistance is significant so accidental activation will not readily occur. It is programmed to provide variable response based on the degree of rotation, facilitating variable speed timeline scrubbing.
- 5 Programmable Action Buttons: The ShuttleXpress can be programmed to perform a wide range of functions. Where the current software is identified by the driver these buttons will automatically take on the pre-assigned commands as per the driver. However, they can also be re-assigned as desired or entire custom layouts can be created.
- Pre-Assigned Layouts for Common Programs: The Shuttle driver has pre-assigned shortcut layouts for over 100 popular programs.
- APP Detection & Automatic Layout Switching: The Shuttle driver detects the active program and automatically switches layouts accordingly. For those who utilize multiple programs this can provide seamless transitions in the workflow as they move from task to task.
- Highly Programmable: Not only does the Shuttle Driver come with pre-assigned layouts for over 100 programs, it is also custom programmable, with each button or function able to be customized. The driver can also be used to create custom layouts or modify the pre-assigned commands.
- Ambidextrous Design: The ShuttleXpress is totally ambidextrous, with controls evenly positioned for each of access, regardless of which hand is being used.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
ShuttleXpress - angled view
ShuttleXpress - side view
- Width: 4.25" (10.8 cm)
- Depth (front to back): 4.25" (10.8 cm)
- Height: 1.25" (3.2 cm)
- Cord Length: 58" (1.47 m)
- Compatibility: PC & Mac: Drivers
Note:Please verify compatibility with your OS.
- Warranty: 2 years (manufacturer direct only)
- Package Contents: ShuttleXpress, User Guide
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|00496-0|| ShuttleXpress, Black|