| Additional Resources Usage Tips |
The RollerMouse Pro2 by Contour Design is a central pointing device which in lieu of a traditional mouse uses a rollerbar just below the space bar on the keyboard. This allows all mousing activity to be performed in the area immediately 'below' their keyboard, eliminating the need to reach for a mouse. The elimination of 'overreaching' for the mouse can also reduce discomfort and pain in the neck, shoulders and elbows associated with this awkward movement.
The cursor is moved by rolling a 'dowel' or cylindrical control bar with the fingertips to achieve 'up' and 'down' movement, and sliding this bar from side to side for horizontal movement. Once the desired location is achieved, a left click can be generated by pressing down on the bar (the force required for this is adjustable from ultra-light touch to highly tactile). Five buttons and a scroll wheel are located below the bar to generate left/middle/right/double clicks, copy, paste and vertical scrolling. Integrated palm supports cushion the palms and provide relief for the wrists and forearms during keyboard typing and rollerbar navigation movements.
The Rollermouse Pro2 comes with detachable keyboard 'risers' to lift up thinner keyboards to an appropriate height, ensuring a custom fit for every user.
Compare RollerMouse Pro2 with RollerMouse Re:d and Free2, Mousetrapper Advance Plus, and Mousetrapper Flexible.
Eliminates Overreaching for a Traditional Mouse, Relieving Neck, Shoulder and Elbow Pain
- Conventional keyboards will result in overreaching for the mouse as the user is forced to reach over the arrow keys and numeric keypad to get to the mouse. This can lead to neck, shoulder and elbow pain and discomfort. Asymmetrical reaching with one side of your body and not the other causes your muscle groups to compensate for the weight of your extended arm while reaching for a traditional mouse. Repetitive overreaching will often lead to tightness and pain in the neck, shoulder and elbow areas. The RollerMouse Pro2 allows you to keep your elbows comfortably by your side, which is a more beneficial ergonomic position.
Prevents Static Grip of the Mouse
- The RollerMouse Pro2 is controlled with an open relaxed hand and slightly curled fingers use of an unflexed hand, with no possibility of clutching or holding the device to effect cursor control. Fingertips roll The narrow rollerbar both up and down and from side to side simultaneously to navigate the cursor over the entire screen, with very little friction or resistance. The elimination of flexing your fingers to grip the mouse avoids compression through the carpal tunnel.
Ambidextrous Cursor Control
- By centrally locating the mouse buttons beneath the keyboard home keys, mouse control is equidistant from either hand. Ambidextrous use is encouraged and easily accomplished, to an even greater degree than with the older RollerMouse Pro2, as the rollerbar of the Free2 is substantially longer.
Click with Any Finger
- Use any finger to click on the rollerbar, unlike most mice which can lead to trigger finger as only the index finger is able to generate left clicks.
'One Touch' Access to High Frequency Actions
- Dedicated buttons for Copy, Paste, and Double Click.
- 'Rollerbar': The RollerMouse Pro2's unique feature is the 'rollerbar', a cylindrical trackball with an optical sensor of 800 to 1600 dpi. The rollerbar works by rolling the bar to move the cursor up and down on the screen. To move the cursor left or right, simply slide the rollerbar side to side.
- End Detection: In order that cursor movement remain centered throughout usage, there is an end detection mechanism that shifts the cursor to the left or right side of the screen when the rollerbar can no longer be moved any further left or right. There is a very slight 'click' feel as the end limit of the range of the rollerbar is reached, triggering end detection.
- Bar Click Tension Adjustments: A dial on bottom will adjust the tension of Rollerbar click force. The small dot requires least amount of pressure to click, and the large dot requires most amount of pressure to click. This feature can be helpful for individuals who find that they often accidentally click on the bar while typing.
- Palm Supports: The RollerMouse Pro2 also comes with removable leatherette palm supports that relieve stress on the wrists while typing and using the rollerbar. These supports can be removed for cleaning, or when not needed.
- Easy to Use Keyboard “Lifters”: Ultra-slim keyboards are becoming increasing popular, so Contour Design has included two keyboard lifters that allow one to change the height and angle of the keyboard. There are three heights to choose from: low (flat), high (flat), and sloping down and away from the user (negative slope).
- Plug and Play Connectivity for both PC and Mac Computers: HID compliant device has the drivers “on board” and simply needs to be plugged into any empty USB port, without the need for a cumbersome connection routine.
- Seven Button Functions: There are two easy options to perform a “left click.” Either push down on the navigation bar itself, or click on the large left button in the button control area. Other button functions include a traditional “right click” button, a single touch “double click” button, a scroll wheel, a scroll lock , “one touch” copy and “one touch” paste.
- Cursor Speed Selection: The RollerMouse Pro2 has 2 different cursor speed settings selected by a switch on the underside of the unit. Increments are 750 and 1500 dpi.
- Two Mouse Modes: The default mode that the Rollermouse Pro2 ships in is 'Pro Mouse' mode. However, if preferred, you can switch the mode to 'Standard Mouse' mode. In Standard Mouse mode, 'Copy' and 'Paste' become 'Forward' and 'Back' in internet browsers, and the 'Double Click' reverts to a standard middle mouse button.
- Ergo Keyboard Mat Accessory: The Ergo Keyboard Mat is designed to address the incompatibility of the Keyboard Lifters with certain ergonomic keyboards. It allows keyboards such as the Kinesis Freestyle Solo Keyboard or Goldtouch Adjustable Keyboard to have their full range of adjustment when being used with the Rollermouse, as they would on any flat surface.
- Optional Driver for Customized Button Actions: For those who desire greater customization options, a downloadable driver is available for Mac or PC which allows user-specified actions for each button.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
RM-PRO2 with traditional keyboard
RM-PRO2 with keyboard risers
Attaching keyboard riser
RM-PRO2 side view
RM-PRO2 another view
RM-PRO2 keyboard mat
RM-PRO2 with Freestyle Solo keyboard & V3 accessory
RM-PRO2 with Freestyle Solo keyboard & V3 - front view
RM-PRO2 silver model
RM-PRO2 with mat attached
RM-PRO2 - various colour models
RM-WAVE-02 - Rollerwave accessory in black frame with black lycra
- Width: 20.0" (50.8 cm)
- Depth (front to back): 3.5" (9.0 cm) (to front of keyboard without
9.75" (24.8 cm) (with
- Height: 1.25" (3.2 cm)
- Rollerbar Width: 6.125" (16 cm)
- Rollerbar Clickable: Yes
- Adjustable Bar Click Force: Yes
- Optical Resolution: 750 to 1250 dpi
- Number of Buttons: 7 (includes scroll wheel)
- Embedded Left Click in Cursor Control: Yes
- Clickable Scroll Wheel: Yes
- Button Type: Tactile
- Replaceable Wrist Rests: Yes
- Compatibility: PC:
Strictly plug and play for Windows XP, Vista, 7.
Plug and play for Mac OS X. The available driver is only required if you want to reprogram the RollerMouse Pro2.
- Interface: USB
- Warranty: 2 years (manufacturer direct only)
- Available Colours: Black, Silver, or White
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|RM-PRO2-BLK|| RollerMouse Pro2, 6.8" rollerbar, USB, Black|
|RM-PRO2-SIL|| RollerMouse Pro2, 6.8" rollerbar, USB, Silver|
|RM-PRO2-WHT|| RollerMouse Pro2, 6.8" rollerbar, USB, White|
|RM-PRO2-MAT|| Ergo Keyboard Mat attachment (rubberized),
|RM-WAVE-01|| White, lycra over soft foam|
|RM-WAVE-LP|| Black, plastic|