| Additional Resources Usage Tips Accessories |
The Balance Keyboard from Contour Design is specifically designed to work with the RollerMouse Red, Red Plus, and Free3. The slim bezel at the base of the keyboard ensures that the hands have only a minimal reach between the rollerbar and the keyboard. In addition the shallow depth of the Balance Keyboard, just 4.7", can accommodate deployment of Inline Pointing Devices where many keyboards will not work due to limited tray depth. In addition, there are media keys for accessing common functions as well as traditional function keys (F1 - F12) accessible via the Fn Lock feature.
The Balance Keyboard is available in both wired and wireless models. The wireless uses two AAA batteries and comes with a storable USB receiver. There is no need for an ON/OFF switch due to smart, power-saving technology. The Balance Keyboard features PC Legending but will work with Mac OS. Mac drivers are available for download.
The underside of the keyboard is contoured to elevate the front to the same height as a RollerMouse. This creates an ergonomically desirable negative incline (or downward slope), and virtually eliminates unintentional input from the RollerMouse as the user is typing. Fold out feet at the back raise the rear edge of the keyboard higher than the front to create a positive incline. (Not recommended.)
Reduces Injuries from Wrist Extension
- The thin housing of the Balance Keyboard allows the majority of users to type without creating the unhealthy, upward bend at the wrist known as wrist extension. In addition, when using mousing devices like the RollerMouse, the adjustable legs and tilt mechanism on the Balance Keyboard gives the user more options for adjusting into a negative, neutral, or positive typing stance. Learn More About Wrist Extension
Creates More Workspace
- The wireless connectivity of the Balance Keyboard eliminates the need for a long cord on the desk, which can often get entangled and obstruct access to other objects, forcing the user to clear areas of the desktop that would otherwise be occupied by useful objects.
Quicker Access to Keys from RollerMouse
- The minimalist housing of the Balance Keyboard makes access to its full-size keys easier and quicker, especially when used in conjunction with a RollerMouse model like the RollerMouse Red.
- Designed for Use with RollerMouse: The Balance Keyboard was designed to work seamlessly with the RollerMouse line of central pointing devices. The minimalist design allows for efficiently going from keyboard to mouse, so the user can be more productive while working at the computer.
- Adjustable Tilting Angle: The built-in adjustable legs of the Balance Keyboard allows for tilting the angle of the keyboard in negative, neutral, or positive positions according to user preferences.
- Wired and Wireless Options: The Balance Keyboard is available in both wired and wireless models. The wireless eliminates the need for cords that tend to clutter the desktop. The keyboard runs on 2 AAA batteries and includes its own USB wireless receiver. No on/off switch is needed, due to the power-saving technology incorporated into its design.
- Media Keys: The Balance Keyboard also includes media keys for basic common keyboard tasks which can be programmed according to the needs of the user.
- Space-Saving Design: The shallow 4.7" depth of the Balance Keyboard can accommodate deployment of a Inline Pointing Device on trays as shallow as 8".
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Contour Design Balance Keyboard
Balance Keyboard with RollerMouse RED
Balance Keyboard with RollerMouse Free2
Balance Keyboard Matches RollerMouse Height
Balance Keyboard - Three Angle Options
Balance Keyboard - Convenient Wireless Receiver Storage
- Weight: 1.7 lbs
- Dimensions: 15.4" W x 4.7" D x 0.9" H
- Keyswitch Type: Chiclet (laptop style)
- Keys: 102 (including 12 programmable media buttons)
- Connectivity: Wired: USB
Wireless: USB Micro Receiver (included)
- Compatibility: Windows
Mac OSx 10.10, 10.11 to 10.15(Drivers Available)
- Driver: Mac Drivers
Note:Please verify compatibility with your OS.
- Power: Wired: USB
Wireless: 2 x AAA batteries
- Battery Life: 12 months
- Warranty: 1 Year (manufacturer direct only)
- Package Contents: Balance Keyboard, Wireless Receiver, 2 x AAA Batteries, Instructions
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|BALANCE-US-WIRED|| Contour Design Balance Keyboard, Wired|
|BUNDLE-RED|| Ultimate RollerMouse Red Bundle - RM-RED + BALANCE-US-WIRED - SAVE $15.00|
|BUNDLE-RED-PLUS|| Ultimate RollerMouse Red Plus Bundle - RM-RED-PLUS + BALANCE-US-WIRED - SAVE $15.00|
|BUNDLE-FREE3|| Ultimate RollerMouse Free3 Bundle - RM-FREE3 + BALANCE-US-WIRED - SAVE $15.00|
|BALANCE-US|| Contour Design Balance Keyboard, Wireless|
|BUNDLE-FREE3-WL|| Ultimate RollerMouse Free3 Wireless Bundle - RM-FREE3W + BALANCE-US - SAVE $15.00|
|BUNDLE-RED-WL-BALANCE-US|| Ultimate RollerMouse Red Wireless Bundle - RM-RED-WL + BALANCE-US in 1 Box - SAVE $15.00|
|BUNDLE-RED-PLUS-WL|| Ultimate RollerMouse Red Plus Wireless Bundle - RM-RED-PLUS-WL + BALANCE-US - SAVE $15.00|