| Additional Resources Usage Tips Accessories |
The Balance Keyboard from Contour Design is specifically designed to work with the RollerMouse Red, Red Plus, and Free3. It will also work with the RollerMouse Mobile but in that case the numeric keypad will extend past the end of the RollerMouse. The slim bezel at the front edge of the keyboard ensures that the hands have only a minimal reach between the rollerbar and the keyboard. In addition the shallow depth of the Balance Keyboard, just 4.7", can accommodate deployment of inline pointing devices where many keyboards will not fit due to limited tray depth.
The underside of the Balance Keyboard is contoured to elevate the front to the same height as a RollerMouse rollerbar, making the transition from typing to mousing virtually seamless. This also creates an ergonomically desirable negative incline (or downward slope), elevating the heel of the hand to reduce wrist extension, and virtually eliminates the risk of accidentally touching the rollerbar when typing. Fold out feet at the back can be used to level the keyboard if desired or even raise the rear edge higher than the front to create a positive incline (Note: This is not recommended).
The Balance Keyboard features a compact layout that brings the numeric keypad closer to the home row position. This layout is often referred to as a "compact financial" keyboard because it offers a reduced overall footprint while still retaining a discrete numeric keypad. This reduced footprint is beneficial for individuals who use a traditional mouse with their right hand as the reaching distance when moving between typing and mousing is reduced. The Balance Keyboard is equipped with low-travel scissor-switch style keys. The chiclet-style keycaps are almost flat, with a very slight convex curvature. The "island" layout provides separation between keys. For convenience there are keys for accessing common functions such as Calculator, Web and Email, keys for media control, and the traditional function keys (F1 - F12) are accessible via the Fn Lock feature.
The Balance Keyboard is available in both wired and wireless models. The wireless uses two AAA batteries and comes with a storable USB receiver. There is no need for an ON/OFF switch due to smart, power-saving technology. The Balance Keyboard features PC Legending but will work with Mac OS. Mac drivers are available for download. The Balance Keyboard is available at a discount when purchased as a bundle with select RollerMouse models (see the RollerMouse model listings for available bundle options).
Note: Data being entered using wireless products from Contour Design is secured using AES 128 bit encryption.
Reduces Injuries from Wrist Extension
- The thin housing of the Balance Keyboard allows the majority of users to type without creating the unhealthy, upward bend at the wrist known as wrist extension. In addition, when using mousing devices like the RollerMouse, the adjustable legs and tilt mechanism on the Balance Keyboard gives the user more options for adjusting into a negative, neutral, or positive typing stance. Learn More About Wrist Extension
Creates More Workspace
- The cord-free connectivity of the wireless model of Balance Keyboard eliminates the need for a long cord on the desk, which can often get entangled and obstruct access to other objects, forcing the user to clear areas of the desktop that would otherwise be occupied by useful objects.
Quicker Access to Keys from RollerMouse
- The minimalist housing of the Balance Keyboard makes access to its full-size keys easier and quicker, especially when used in conjunction with a RollerMouse model like the RollerMouse Red.
- Designed for Use with RollerMouse: The Balance Keyboard was designed to work seamlessly with the RollerMouse line of central pointing devices. The minimalist design allows for efficiently going from keyboard to mouse, so the user can be more productive while working at the computer.
- Wired and Wireless Options: The Balance Keyboard is available in both wired and wireless models. Those who want simplicity, dislike battery replacement, or don't want to risk losing a wireless receiver can choose the Wired Model. The Wireless eliminates the need for cords that tend to clutter the desktop and is also ideal for portable use. The keyboard runs on 2 AAA batteries and includes its own USB wireless receiver that can be stored in the keyboard during transport. No on/off switch is needed, due to the power-saving technology incorporated into its design.
- Media Keys: The Balance Keyboard also includes one-touch keys pre-programmed for basic common keyboard tasks such as calculator, email and web, as well as basic media keys. The traditional function keys (F1 - F12) are accessible via the Fn Lock feature. Customization for the Mac can be done by downloading the Mac driver.
- Space-Saving Design: The shallow 4.7" depth of the Balance Keyboard can accommodate deployment of a inline pointing device on trays as shallow as 8".
- Adjustable Tilting Angle: The built-in adjustable legs of the Balance Keyboard allows for tilting the angle of the keyboard in negative, neutral, or positive positions according to user preferences.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Contour Design Balance Keyboard
Balance Keyboard with RollerMouse RED
Balance Keyboard with RollerMouse Free2
Balance Keyboard Matches RollerMouse Height
Balance Keyboard - Three Angle Options
Balance Keyboard - Convenient Wireless Receiver Storage
- Weight: 1.7 lbs
- Dimensions: 15.4" W x 4.7" D x 0.9" H
- Keyswitch Type: Chiclet (laptop style)
- Keys: 102 (including 12 programmable media buttons)
- Connectivity: Wired: USB
Wireless: USB Micro Receiver (included)
- Compatibility: Windows
Mac OSx 10.10, 10.11 to 10.15(Drivers Available)
- Driver: Mac Drivers
Note:Please verify compatibility with your OS.
- Power: Wired: USB
Wireless: 2 x AAA batteries
- Battery Life: 12 months
- Wireless Data Security: All data being entered using wireless products from Contour Design is secured using AES 128 bit encryption. During the pairing process a random encryption key is generated and exchanged between the dongle and the wireless device, then stored and used afterwards to secure the communication.
- Warranty: 1 Year (manufacturer direct only)
- Package Contents: Balance Keyboard, Wireless Receiver, 2 x AAA Batteries, Instructions
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|BALANCE-US-WIRED|| Contour Design Balance Keyboard, Wired|
|BUNDLE-RED|| Ultimate RollerMouse Red Bundle - RM-RED + BALANCE-US-WIRED - SAVE $5.00|
|BUNDLE-RED-PLUS|| Ultimate RollerMouse Red Plus Bundle - RM-RED-PLUS + BALANCE-US-WIRED - SAVE $5.00|
|BUNDLE-FREE3|| Ultimate RollerMouse Free3 Bundle - RM-FREE3 + BALANCE-US-WIRED - SAVE $5.00|
|BALANCE-US|| Contour Design Balance Keyboard, Wireless|
|BUNDLE-FREE3W|| Ultimate RollerMouse Free3 Wireless Bundle - RM-FREE3W + BALANCE-US - SAVE $5.00|
|BUNDLE-RED-WL-BALANCE-US|| Ultimate RollerMouse Red Wireless Bundle - RM-RED-WL + BALANCE-US in 1 Box - SAVE $5.00|
|BUNDLE-RED-PLUS-WL|| Ultimate RollerMouse Red Plus Wireless Bundle - RM-RED-PLUS-WL + BALANCE-US - SAVE $5.00|