Page last updated: Wed, 22-Jan-2020 15:37:27
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
L-Trac GLOWby Clearly Superior Technologies
| Additional Resources Usage Tips Accessories |
Clearly Superior Technologies just added a cool factor to their line of L-Trac high-performance trackballs. The new L-Trac GLOW offers all the same functions of other L-Trac models but with a unique new look--a backlit translucent ball that glows a vibrant blue.
The L-Trac GLOW uses the same quality components that have enabled Clearly Superior Trackballs to develop a reputation for reliability and performance under demanding conditions. The precision-ground ball and mirror-finished rollers deliver a smooth-as-silk feel and effortless control. The ball on the L-Trac GLOW is 28% lighter than the traditional ball used in other L-Trac models, resulting in a reduced load on the fingers.
The L-Trac GLOW features high performance laser optical tracking with selectable resolutions of up to 1600 CPI. Button selectable resolutions enable rapid changes of sensitivity while maintaining full control of the trackball. The high performance laser navigation system is capable of tracking at greater than 20 inches per second. This means the user can fly around the screen with a flick of the finger or snap from one side of the screen to the other with a healthy flick of the arm. Either way, this precision, high performance pointing device produces predictable, quick and precise motion that becomes intuitive in a few minutes of use. The scroll wheel is smooth and readily accessible, located above the center button.
The design is completely ambidextrous, accommodating either right or left-handed users. The extra large ball and contoured profile allow for easier control and accommodate hands of all sizes--from children's to adults'. The lighter weight of the ball on the L-Trac Glow makes it a good option for children or those who have limited strength in their fingers.
Performance users can expand their command options by selecting the CST2545-5WGL-RC. This model includes jacks to connect two additional external switches.
Reduces Strain on Arm, Elbow and Shoulder Muscles
- Like a touchpad, the L-Trac GLOW trackball is a stationary mousing device. (Moving the ball with the fingers moves the cursor on the screen.) Limiting the repetitive movements of the arm and shoulder can greatly reduce the potential for injury and inflammation in these muscle groups. The housing of a trackball can also be angled in any direction, allowing the user to keep the elbow, wrist and hand in a straight line, and to limit ulnar and radial deviation. Learn More About Ulnar Deviation
Reduces Strain on the Hand, Wrist and Arm
- Trackballs effectively counter any tendency the user might have to grip the pointing device too hard. This often inadvertent static grip can cause pain and injury to the muscles and soft tissues in the back of the hand and in the wrist and forearm. Trackballs, by requiring a simple spinning motion accomplished with the fingers, eliminates static grip entirely.
Enables Load Balancing Between Left and Right Hands
- Trackballs can be placed on the left or right side of the keyboard in the traditional desktop layout. They can also be used between the two modules of a separated keyboard, on the arm of a couch, or wherever else the user might find convenient and comfortable. The ability to distribute the workload as desired allows the user to reduce the strain on the muscles of the dominant side.
Lower Weight Ball
- The Translucent ball on the L-Trac GLOW is a full 28% lighter than the standard ball used on other L-Trac Models. This noticeably lighter load on the fingers can significantly reduce the potential for fatigue.
Frees Up Space on the Desktop
- Since the trackball itself is the only moving part of this type of device, much less space is required for it on the work surface. A trackball may be the solution if restricted space on the desk top or on a narrow keyboard tray has prevented the mouse and keyboard from being used at the same level.
- GLOWing Vibrant Blue Trackball: The translucent ball is backlit, resulting in a vibrant eyecatching glow. The ball glows when moved and automatically turns off after 5 minutes of inactivity.
- Reduced Weight Trackball: The L-Trac GLOW model is 28% lighter than other L-Trac and PC-Trac trackballs, yet provides more feedback than most commercially available trackballs.
- Universal Compatibility: The universal compatibility of the design means the L-Trac GLOW is well suited to multi-user work environments.
- Low Profile: The low profile case on the L-Trac GLOW acts as a natural hand-rest, mirroring the natural contours of the hand.
- Scroll Wheel: The scroll wheel is located above the center button, easily accessible and offering smooth free-rolling movement.
- Ideal for Gamers and CAD Users: Superior performance coupled with the natural contour of the L-TRAC GLOW makes this trackball suitable for all applications including general computing, gaming and Computer Aided Design (CAD). CAD users can have fingertip access to pixel by pixel movement one moment and maximum speed the next. These same features offer gamers a competitive edge when accuracy and speed are needed.
- Software for Additional Functionality: Superior-X Button Control software (included), allows the user to set different button settings depending on the application. This allows the user to control applications such as media players, and functions such as volume control, directly from the trackball. Superior-X also allows keystrokes to be recorded and played back with the click of a button, allowing repetitive application tasks to be completed quickly.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
- Width: 3.75" (9.5 cm)
- Depth (front to back): 6.75" (17.1 cm)
- Height (to top of case): 1.75" (4.4 cm)
- Ball Diameter: 2.25" (5.7 cm)
- Ball Elevation from housing: 0.75" (1.9 cm)
- Ball Type: High density phenolic
- Ball Suspension: Stainless steel rollers
- Resolution: User selectable 400, 800, or 1600 DPI (counts per inch)
- Tracking Speed: >20" per second
- Acceleration: 20 G
- Bearings: Dupont Delrin with Teflon
- Construction Material: High impact ABS
- Cable: Double shielded USB
- Cable Length: 6.0' (1.8 m)
- Switches: 3 high quality switches rated at 5 million actuations with over-travel protection. Low force stabilized switches.
- Scroll Wheel: Optional
PC: WIndows 98SE, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8;
Mac: OS 9 (or later)
Linux: most versions
Other: any HID 1.0 compatible operating system (e.g. Sun Solaris)
- Interface: USB 2.0
- Warranty: 1 Year
- Package Contents: L-Trac Glow, Trackball User Guide Disc, Installation Guide
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|CST2545WGL-RC|| Black case, cable, buttons and scroll wheel, white translucent trackball with vibrant blue glow. Selectable resolutions: 400, 800, 1600 DPI.|
|CST2545-5WGL-RC|| Black case, cable, buttons and scroll wheel, white translucent trackball with vibrant blue glow. Two extra jacks for 5 button functionality. Selectable resolutions: 400, 800, 1600 DPI.|