Page last updated: Fri., 03-Apr.-2020 14:25:29
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
Smart Cat AG Touchpadby Cirque Corporation
| Additional Resources Usage Tips Accessories |
The Smart Cat AG Touchpad from Cirque Corporation provides users with superior cursor control and advanced functionality. Cursor tracking with the Smart Cat is accurate and reliable - always following the "point of first contact", unlike other less-advanced touchpad devices that have difficulty when a second contact is accidentally made. The Smart Cat AG offers both single and multi-finger gestures to provide quick access to standard functions of left and right clicking, zoom, scroll, pan and as well as other actions. This popular model of the Cirque Smart Cat Touchpad family offers an affordable ergonomic alternative to a mouse without sacrificing functionality.
The Smart Cat AG is equipped with 4 mechanical buttons which perform standard left, right and middle clicks but which can also be programmed to complete custom commands or functions.
The low profile design virtually eliminates the potential for wrist extension and the ambidextrous design accommodates used with either hand for those with to spread the load between hands.
Note: Multi-finger gestures and some of the Special Features are only available with the Windows OS GlidePoint driver installed. Mac users can access standard touchpad features of cursor control and clicking as plug'n'play functions.
Users looking for additional functions and touch-activated command options may be interested in considering the Smart Cat Pro AG which offers numerous additional features and even greater programmability.
Reduces Arm and Wrist Movement
- The Smart Cat AG Touchpad is a stationary device which requires the movement of just one finger to accomplish cursor control - greatly reducing arm movement.
Reduces Finger Fatigue
- Touchpads allow cursor movement by sliding the finger over its surface. The Smart Cat also allows the user to click by lightly touching the touchpad surface. With these features, the touchpad can eliminate button clicking altogether, resulting is less finger fatigue due to the decrease in force necessary to activate normal buttons.
- Touchpads are both compact and stationary, allowing them to be positioned in closer proximity to the user and their hands than traditional mice. This means that the hand has less distance to travel to access the mousing device and does not have to drag the weight of the mousing device to accomplish cursor movement. Overall, less travel and less movement will result in less stress on the arms and wrists. Learn More About the Comfort Zone.
Can Reduce Pronation
- Touchpads are solid state devices (i.e. no moving parts) which allows them to be used in a vertical orientation, eliminating pronation of the hand (i.e. instead of using it "palm down" one can use it in a "handshake" position), by attaching it to the edge of the keyboard or other items using velcro or double-sided tape.
Learn More About Pronation
Facilitates Load Balancing
- The ambidextrous nature of touchpads permits them to be used on either the left- or right-hand sides of a keyboard - sometimes they can be used even in the middle! This option means that users can switch between hands at any time, avoiding overuse of either hand.
Facilitates Correct Wrist Alignment
- Since the touchpad can be angled in any direction while moving the cursor, the hand can be aligned straight with the forearm, reducing any lateral twisting at the wrist (ulnar or radial deviation). Learn More About Ulnar Deviation
- Advanced Gestures for GlidePoint: GlidePoint Advanced Gestures offer a number of standard, intuitive gestures to easily work with the computer - rotate, pinch zoom, scroll/pan, 2-finger right click, and 3-click finger flick. For more detailed information view the Cirque Glidepoint Installation Guide.
- Click Functionality: Both left and right clicks can be activated by simply touching a finger directly on the pad. The right touch area is marked on the pad surface with a change of color and texture, left click by touching anywhere else. Installing the Cirque GlidePoint driver enables users to reassign functions to best meet their needs.
- GlidePoint Technology: The capacitive touch technology by Cirque provides complete navigation control of any graphical interface, packed in a space-saving, low-friction, durable mouse alternative. The sophisticated GlidePoint sensor system quickly responds to precise finger movements.
- GlideExtend: Edge extenders are activated when the finger reaches the edge of the pad. This Plug-and-Play feature can be customized with installation of the Cirque driver. This feature virtually eliminates the edge of the pad when dragging.
- Three Programmable Mechanical Buttons: Launch a browser, open e-mail, and change multimedia settings with the touch of a finger. These virtual programmable buttons can also be customized to instantly pull up any file or perform favourite commands. No more inconvenient on-screen file searches! Bottom left and right buttons default to left and right click, both side buttons default to middle click and custom program as a set to perform the same command.
- Versatile: Device will work on the lap, in a vertical orientation - even upside down (Cirque touchpads are even used on the International Space Station!).
- Customizable: Sounds, custom speed, and orientation settings are customizable with installation of the Cirque GlidePoint driver.
- Withstands Spills and Abuse: Sealed solid-state design is more resistant than trackballs and other mousing devices.
- Vertical and Horizontal Scroll Zones: The Smart Cat Touchpad has scrolling zones which support both Vertical and Horizontal scrolling with the swipe of a finger.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Smart Cat AG Touchpad - top view, black model
Smart Cat AG Touchpad - top view, white model
Smart Cat AG Touchpad - angled view, black model
Smart Cat AG Touchpad - angled view, white model
- Width: 4.4" (11.2 cm)
- Depth (front-to-back): 4.0" (10.2 cm)
- Height: 0.4" (1.0 cm)
- Touchpad Surface Dimensions:
Width: 3.0" (7.6 cm)
Depth: 2.1" (5.3 cm)
- Cable Length: 6.0' (182.9 cm)
- Mechanical Buttons: 4 Mechanical Buttons, 3
Unique Button Actions (The
two small side buttons
perform the same action)
- Touch Zones: 2
- Physical Requirements: No contact pressure required
PC: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, and 10
Mac: Mac 0S 8.5 - X (Basic touchpad functions)
- Interface: USB or PS/2
- Available Drivers (PC only): The latest up-to-date drivers should be downloaded from the Cirque website.
- Warranty: 3 Years
- Notes: Caution: GlidePoint drivers should not be installed on Windows ME systems. This product will function as a standard HID compliant (USB) pointing device with native Windows support on this operating system. Installation of GlidePoint drivers on Windows ME systems will cause system instability.
- Mac OS 8.5 - OS 9.x:This product functions as a standard USB compliant two button mouse.The two side buttons and vertical scrolling will not function without third party driver installation. (Requires USBOverdrive - see below).The two side buttons (third button) will not function without the installation of third party software. (See below).
- Mac OS X: OS X provides the following features without third party driver installation.
- Wheel mouse scrolling (vertical scroll)
- GlideExtend - Continued movement when the edge of the touchpad is reached by lifting and repositioning the finger to continue motion.
- "Control-click" functionality with the lower right button and the corner tap zone.
The two side buttons (third button) may not function on all versions of OS X without the installation of third party software. (See below).
Cirque Corporation does not provide drivers for the Macintosh platform.
USBOverdrive for Macintosh Shareware Application information
Users who want to customize their input devices on the Macintosh platform might be interested in the USBOverdrive utility, created by Alessandro Levi Montalcini.This shareware utility has been reported to augment the capabilities of the touchpad and allow for more customization of the touchpad features.
Cirque Corporation has tested their USB GlidePoint products with the USBOverdrive utility on a limited basis. The USBOverdrive utility should enable vertical scrolling capability, and the functionality of the two side buttons in addition to augmenting overall control of pointer motion.
Cirque Corporation and Micwil Group of Companies Ltd. takes no responsibility for installation, support, or compatibility of third party applications. Please do not submit technical support requests to Cirque Corporation or Micwil Group of Companies Ltd. regarding third party applications or utilities.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|GP410U-5021|| USB interface,
|GP410U-5011|| USB interface, white housing|
|GP410P-5021|| PS/2 interface,
|GP410P-5011|| PS/2 interface,