Page last updated: Wed., 08-Jul.-2020 15:19:09
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
Easy Cat PS/2 or Serial Touchpadby Cirque Corporation
| Images Additional Resources Usage Tips Accessories |
The Cirque Easy Cat touchpad makes it easier and more comfortable than ever to control your computer. To perform basic mouse functions, simply glide your finger over the smooth surface to point, then tap on the pad or press on the buttons to click or activate vertical scroll by simply gliding a finger along the right edge of the touchpad. Use an Easy Cat instead of a traditional mouse and your wrists will thank you. Easy Cat’s compact size makes it a perfect traveling companion for your laptop. Highlights include:
For a comparison of Cirque touchpads (Easy Cat, Smart Cat, Smart Cat Pro), click here.
- Small and portable
- Withstands spills and abuse
- Thin and comfortable design
- Easy-to-find textured "right" click area
- PS/2 or Serial connectivity
Reduces arm and wrist movement
- Because the Easy Cat touchpad is a stationary device, it doesn't require you to move it in order to move the cursor - thus reducing arm movement. And since the touchpad can be angled in any direction while moving the cursor, your hand can be aligned straight with your forearm, reducing any wrist bending (ulnar or radial deviation).
Reduces finger fatigue
- Touchpads allow cursor movement by sliding the finger over its surface. The Easy Cat also allows the user to click by lightly tapping the touchpad surface. With these features, the touchpad can eliminate button clicking altogether, resulting is less finger fatigue due to the increased force necessary to activate normal buttons.
- Touchpads are both compact and stationary, allowing them to be used in spaces closer to the user and his/her hands than traditional mice. This means that the user has less distance to travel to access the mousing device and does not have to carry the weight of the mousing device to use it. Overall, less travel and less movement will result in less stress on the arms and wrists.
Can be used on the left or right side
- The ambidextrous nature of touchpads permits them to be used on either the left- or right-hand sides of your keyboard - sometimes they can be used even in the middle!
Can be used at any inclination
- Touchpads are solid state devices (i.e. no moving parts) which allows them to be used in a vertical orientation, eliminating pronation of the hand (i.e. instead of using it 'palm down' you can use it in a 'handshake' position), by attaching it to the edge of your keyboard or other items using velcro or double-sided tape.
- One touch scroll: Vertical Scroll by simply gliding your finger along the right edge of the touchpad.
- Click functionality: Both left and right 'clicks' can be activated by tapping your finger directly on the pad. The right tap area is marked on the pad surface with a change of color and texture, left click by tapping anywhere else. You can customize the feature by installing Cirque's driver.
- GlidePoint technology: Cirque’s capacitive touch technology provides complete navigation control of any graphical interface, packed in a space-saving, low-friction, durable mouse alternative. GlidePoint’s sophisticated sensor system quickly responds to precise finger movements.
- GlideExtend: Edge extenders are activated when your finger reaches the pad's edge. This Plug-and-Play feature can be customized with installation of the Cirque driver. This feature virtually eliminates the edge of the pad when dragging.
- 2 programmable mechanical buttons: Launch your browser, open e-mail, and change multimedia settings at the touch of a finger. These virtual programmable buttons
can also be customized to instantly pull up any file or perform your
favourite commands. No more inconvenient on-screen file searches!
Bottom left and right buttons default to left and right click.
- Versatile: Device will work on your lap, in a vertical orientation - even upside down (Cirque touchpads are even used on the International Space Station!).
- Customizable: Sounds and custom speed, sensitivity, and orientation settings are customizable with installation of Cirque driver.
- Withstands spills and abuse: Sealed solid-state design is more resistant than trackballs and other mousing devices.
- Width: 3.4" (8.6 cm)
- Depth (front to back): 2.7" (6.8 cm)
- Height: 0.5" (1.3 cm)
- Touchpad surface width: 2.4" (6.1 cm)
- Touchpad surface depth: 1.8" (4.6 cm)
- Cable length: 6' (1.8 m)
- Mechanical buttons: 2
- Tap zones: 2
- Physical requirements: No contact pressure required - sensitivity adjustable with driver
- Available drivers: The latest up-to-date drivers should be downloaded from the Cirque website. The driver on the CD that comes with the touchpad should NOT be installed.
- Compatibility: PS/2: Windows 95, 98, NT
4.0, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)
Serial: Windows 95, 98,
- Interface: PS/2 or Serial (Serial
to PS/2 adapter included
with Serial model)
- Warranty: 3 years
- NOTE for ME users: GlidePoint drivers should NOT be downloaded and installed on Windows ME systems.
- This product will function as a standard HID compliant (USB) pointing device with native Windows support on this operating system.
- If GlidePoint drivers are installed on Windows ME systems it will cause system issues.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|GP160C-0311|| Serial (includes Serial to PS/2
|GP160C-0321|| Serial (includes Serial to PS/2