| Additional Resources Accessories |
The S-Board 840 Design Numeric keypad from Bakker Elkhuizen is a convenient dual-purpose 26-key numeric keypad that is also capable of serving as a fully functional calculator with memory functions. When in calculator mode the integrated 11-digit LCD screen displays calculation results and the current display can be immediately directed to the computer's current active cursor point using the "SEND" function key, eliminating any Copy/Paste requirements. Switching between keypad and calculator function is accomplished with a single keystroke on the keypad for seamless transitioning between data entry and calculation. The display includes visual indicators to identify the active function mode. The Design 840 Numeric Keypad also includes an extendable USB cable for connection to any USB computer port and a fabric storage sleeve for protection during transit.
Reduces Risk of Shoulder, Elbow and Wrist Strain
- Regular size keyboards with integrated numeric keypads on the right make reaching for the mouse on the right-hand side an ergonomic risk factor. The further the reach for the mouse (from the dominant hand home row, over the navigation keys, over the numeric keypad), the greater the risk of injuries to the arm and shoulder due to overreaching. Pairing the S-Board 840 Numeric with a compact keyboard (i.e. no numeric keypad) lets each individual choose where to position the keypad, to the left, to the right, or to just set it aside when limited numeric data entry is required. Each of those options will reduce the degree and amount of the overreaching when compared to a standard full-size keyboard. Learn More About the Comfort Zone.
- Fully Functional Calculator: The S-Board 840 Numeric provides its own 11-digit LCD screen display to display calculating results, letting this keypad double as a stand-alone calculator with memory function.
- One-Stroke Mode Switching: A single keystroke instantly switches between "numeric keypad" and "calculator" modes.
- SEND Function: The "SEND" function "sends" the current figure on the calculator display directly to the computer, eliminating any need to Copy and Paste the data. Just position your cursor where you want the data and press the "SEND" key.
- Mode Indicators: The LCD Display screen has indicators to identify whether the pad is in Calculator or PC mode.
- 26 Different Keys: The S-Board 840 Numeric has 26 different keys, including calculator functions such as Clear and Memory.
- High Contrast Legending: The light coloured matte keycaps and contrasting dark legends reduce reflection and increase visibility.
- Extendable USB Cable: The included USB cable can be extended to 45" if needed or shortened to just 4.5", making it effortless to keep a neat desk.
- Storage Sleeve: A fabric storage sleeve is included to protect the keypad/calculator during transport.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
S-Board 840 Design Numeric Keypad
S-Board 840 Design Numeric Keypad alongside S-Board 840 Design USB Keyboard
- Dimensions of Keypad: 6.5" x 3.7" x 0.8" (16.5 cm x 9.5 cm x 2.2 cm)
- Weight of Keypad: 0.25 lbs (120 grams)
- Cable Length: 4.5" - 45" (11.4 - 115 cm)
- Keyswitch type: Scissor-switch membrane
- Number of Keys: 26
- Interface: USB
- Warranty: 2 year limited warranty
- Package Contents: S-Board 840 Design Numeric Keypad, User Guide
- If you can't retrain yourself to use the numeric with your left hand then consider a left-hand mouse to reduce any overreaching on the right side.Position the keypad as close to the keyboard as possible, whether you use it on the left or the right side. This will reduce the amount of outward rotation of the shoulder that will be required and will keep the keypad with the Comfort Zone. Learn More About the Comfort Zone.
- If you can't retrain yourself to use the numeric with your left hand then consider a left-hand mouse to reduce any overreaching on the right side.
- If using the keypad on the same side as your mouse make a point of setting it out of the way when possible and bringing the mouse in as close as possible, also to keep the mouse in the Comfort Zone whenever possible.
- Try to keep the keypad at the same height as the keyboard and mouse. It is not advisable to place it up and on the desk when using a keyboard tray as this requires continuous reaching and stretching. Modifying the workspace to make room for all devices on a single level should be a primary consideration in this scenario.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|BNES840DNUM|| S-Board 840 Design Numeric|