Page last updated: Fri, 17-May-2019 15:21:20
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
Armaidby Armaid Company
| Additional Resources |
Armaid is a therapeutic self-administered massage device for relaxing, releasing and stretching the tissues of the forearm and hand. Armaid can help to relieve the pain and discomfort of computer-related Repetitive Strain Injuries, muscle tension, carpal tunnel syndrome, golfer's elbow, tennis elbow, tendonitis, de Quervain's tenosynovitis, and lymphedema.
Armaid uses a patented lever design to mimic the techniques of professional mobility massage, and puts the user in control of the pressure and direction of the massage stroke. The device can be customized with four, interchangeable rollers of varying densities, allowing the user to deliver just the right amount of pressure— from focused, intense release of muscles and fascia, to gentle enhancement of circulation.
Armaid is sturdy, durable and lightweight. It is designed to be used in a seated position, with the device resting freely on the thigh, or strapped to the thigh for additional stability.
Note: Leg Strap accessory is included with the Armaid Package and the Armaid Complete only. Otherwise sold separately.
Helps to Improve Circulation
- Armaid stretches and releases muscle tissue, helping to improve blood flow throughout the forearm, wrist and hand.
Helps to Release Trigger Points
- Armaid applies targeted pressure, helping to release the painful, knotted muscle fibres known as trigger points.
Helps to Loosen Muscles
- Can be used for targeted, pre-event loosening and warm-up of muscles in the arms.
**Disclaimer: All usage guidelines are provided by the manufacturer. If you have any questions or need clarification on what therapy is appropriate for you, please contact Armaid.
Carpal Tunnel-like Symptoms [show]
De Quervains (Thumb Pain) [show]
Golfer's Elbow (Medial Epicondylitis) [show]
Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis) [show]
Lymphedema (Pump, Fluid Retention) [show]
- Sturdy, Flexible, Lightweight: Armaid weighs only one pound, yet is strong enough to be used by body builders and others with greater than average muscle mass
- High Success Rate: An independent clinical study concluded that people using Armaid experienced an 85% decrease in symptoms associated with their condition, and 80% experienced an increase in strength, range of motion and their ability to perform work. Read the study.
- Customized Relief:
- Soft roller for the wrist and hand, for gentle improvement of circulation, and for use on sensitive or inflamed tissues
- Medium and Firm rollers for the forearms, deep tissue massage and myofascial release
- Extreme, or dense, roller for focused, intense release of the forearm muscles
- Video Demonstrations:
Welcome - Fix Your Own Arms
Changing the Rollers
Pain guide (What roller to use, how to find pain)
Therapies (Circulatory and Trigger)
Therapy (Cross Fiber Friction)
General Forearm Pain
De Quervains (Thumb Pain)
Golfer's Elbow (Medial Epicondylitis)
Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
Lymphedema (Pump, Fluid Retention)
No Strap, No Problem
Setting the Tab
Overview - 4 Rollers
Orange Roller - Extreme Therapy
Rock Climbers - Prevent Pump, Relieve Scar Tissue, Recover Quickly
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Armaid Foam Rollers
Armaid Soft Rollers
Armaid Firm Rollers
Armaid in use
Extreme Single Large Roller Accessory
Replacement Leg Band
Replacement Roller Attachment Tab
- Width: 6" (15.2 cm)
- Depth (Front to Back): 2" (5.1 cm)
- Height: 16" (40.6 cm)
- Weight: 1 lb (454 grams)
- Length of Flexible Attachment Rods: 4.875" (12.4 cm)
- Length of Cushioned Roller: 5" (12.7 cm)
- Diameter of Roller Balls: 1" (2.5 cm)
- Weight of Each Roller: 1.5 oz (42.5 grams)
- Material, Firm Roller Balls: Delrin, a durable, smooth plastic compound that is warm to the touch.
- Material, Soft Roller Balls: Hypoallergenic artificial rubber compound used in the medical industry for its inert qualities.
- Material, Body: Polypropylene with 30%
resin fibers for added
- Material, Strap: Neoprene with both sides of the strap embedded with nylon cloth for smooth, flexible and comfortable fit around the leg.
- Material, Rods: High-density nylon tubing with high tensile flexible steel wires inserted for consistent flex without deformation. Solid brass caps at the rod ends ensure a tough metal surface for the rods to keep their integrity during use. Some Armaid users have used their attachments for several years before needing to replace from wear.
- Warranty: Manufacturer direct only
- Use the firm rollers on the muscles of the forearm; use the softer rollers on the wrist, hand or sensitive, painful areas.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|AA-COMPLETE|| Complete Armaid package. Includes Armaid, Leg Strap accessory, 1 SOFT black roller, 1 MEDIUM grey roller, 1 FIRM white roller, 1 EXTREME orange roller, 1 Travel Bag, 3 Roller Attachment Tabs, 1 Instructional DVD|
|AA-PACKAGE|| Basic Armaid package. Includes Armaid, Leg Strap Accessory, 1 MEDIUM grey roller, 1 FIRM white roller, 1 Roller Attachment Tab, 1 Instructional DVD|
|AA-ONLY|| Essential Armaid package. Includes Armaid, 1 FIRM white roller, 1 Roller Attachment Tab|
|AA-BLACK-FOAM|| Armaid Roller Accessory, SOFT, Black, Foam|
|AA-WHITE-FIRM|| Armaid Roller Accessory, FIRM, White|
|AA-GREY-MEDIUM|| Armaid Roller Accessory, MEDIUM, Grey|
|AA-ORANGE-EXTREME|| Armaid Roller Accessory, EXTREME, Dense, Orange|
|AA-TP|| Armaid Roller Attachment Tab|
|AA-LS|| Armaid Leg Strap|
|AA-TB|| Armaid Travel Bag|