| Additional Resources Accessories |
The Luxe Comfort Foot Rest from Aidata is designed to reduce muscle strain and fatigue by supporting the legs and feet at an optimum height and angle in a design that is more sturdy and robust than other plastic footrests. The free floating large rubber non-skid platform keeps feet secure while resting on the footrest. The textured surface has a raised bump pattern to further maintain foot placement and to provide a comfortable texture when footwear is removed. Two ranges of angle adjustment are available, a 15° range at the lower height setting of 3.75" and a 30° range at the greater height of 4.75". Changes in both the angle and height settings can easily be completed by the feet, eliminating any need to bend or reach below the desk.
The Luxe Comfort Foot Rest is made of a durable high impact ABS plastic and features a noticeably heavier construction than most standard footrests. It is available in all-black or a grey-black two tone design.
Note: The Luxe Comfort Foot Rest is considered a "non-locking" foot rest as the platform tilts freely within the available ranges.
Reduces Strain on the Foot and Ankle
- Many office workers position one foot forward of the other while sitting, putting the foot into a position called plantar flexion. Plantar flexion shortens the muscles of the backs of the legs. Over time, sustained plantar flexion can allow the calf muscles to become tight and stiff which, in turn, can lead to a range of uncomfortable symptoms in the foot. The non-locking platform on the Luxe Comfort Foot Rest encourages active flexing of the ankles, promoting healthy movement at the joint, and reducing strain caused by sustained plantar flexion, or sustained dorsiflexion. These frequent small movements also promote better circulation, helping to reduce the risk of blood clots and varicose veins.
Improves Upper Body Posture
- The Luxe Comfort Foot Rest provides a sturdy and supportive surface that encourages correct utilization of the chair backrest rather than "perching" on the front edge of the seat. This improved posture can reduce the risk of upper back, shoulder and neck pain
Reduces Negative Effects of Prolonged Sitting
- By properly supporting the feet and legs, a foot rest takes potential pressure off the backs of the thighs and can relieve strain on the lower back.
Can Reduce Potential Pressure and Restriction of Circulation
- Shorter individuals often have their chair elevated in order to achieve appropriate positioning at the desk. This can leave their legs "dangling" which can result in pressure against the back of the thighs, potentially restricting circulation. The Luxe Comfort Non-Locking Foot Rest offers settings of 3.75" and 4.75", generally sufficient enough to reduce or even eliminate these pressure points - encouraging unimpeded circulation.
Promotes Good Circulation in the Feet and Legs
- The non-locking, tilting platforms encourages active movement of the feet and ankles, promoting good circulation which can help to reduce the risk of blood clots and varicose veins. The Luxe Comfort Foot Rest offers two tilting ranges, one from 0°-15° and the second from 0°-30°.
- Easy Height Adjustment: The Luxe Comfort Foot Rest offers a single height adjustment - from 3.75" to 4.75" - to assist users in finding the correct height. The simple adjustment can easily be completed with the foot rest in position below the desk—there is no need for bending and reaching below the desk.
- Non-Locking, Tilting Platform: The freely moving platform encourages movement at the ankles and promotes circulation throughout the workday.
- Dual Tilt Range: The Luxe Comfort Foot Rest offers two ranges of tilt adjustment - one from 0°-15° and the second from 0°-30°.
- Large Platform: While not having the largest foot rest surface available, the Luxe Comfort Foot Rest platform has a width of 17.7" and a depth of 14.2". This is sufficiently large enough to accommodate virtually all foot sizes.
- Textured Comfort Surface: The platform on the Luxe Comfort Foot Rest is comprised of a synthetic rubber that provides traction and features softly raised bumps for a massaging effect when footwear is removed.
- Slip Resistant Surface: The platform surface is anti-slip to keep feet from sliding when the foot rest is angled.
- Robust Construction: The Luxe Comfort Foot Rest is comprised primarily of durable ABS plastic but features much heavier construction than many other plastic footrests.
- Stable: The large footprint and weight of this foot rest ensures stability. The base is equipped with anti-slip pads to keep the foot rest from shifting position on the floor
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Luxe Comfort Foot Rest - Black
Luxe Comfort Foot Rest - Black
Luxe Comfort Foot Rest - Grey
Luxe Comfort Foot Rest - Grey
Width: 17.7" (45.0 cm)
Depth (front to back): 14.2" (36.1 cm)
- 3.75" (8.9 cm) at 0° - 15° tilt range
- 4.75" (12.1 cm) at 0° - 30° tilt range
- Tilt Adjustment Range: Two Ranges
0° - 15°
0° - 30°
- Material: ABS Plastic
- Available Colours: Black or Grey/Black 2-Tone
- Warranty: 90 days. Manufacturer direct only.
- Package Contents: Luxe Comfort Foot Rest
- Position your chair to the appropriate height prior to adjusting your foot rest. This will ensure that you are able to properly access your worksurface. Once your seating height is selected, then adjust the foot rest to a height which positions your knees slightly below your hips. The height should be sufficient to ensure that there are no pressure points against the back of the thighs at the edge of your seat.
- Once your foot rest is correctly positioned make a point of sitting back in your chair and letting the backrest provide your back with the appropriate support. Not only is this good for the health of your back - it will also be more restful and has the potential to significantly reduce the risk of developing lower back pain due to poor posture. It may well also result in a more relaxed back, neck and shoulders with an accompanying reduction in end-of-day fatigue.
- After your chair and foot rest are correctly positioned ensure that appropriate adjustments are made to your monitor height. If you move from a "perching" posture to sitting back in your chair with correct upright posture you will most likely need to elevate your monitor since your head will be elevated and your line of sight will naturally follow suit.
- Flex your ankles and feet by taking advantage of the freely tilting platform. This encourages circulation in the feet and lower legs and may aid in reducing some of the health risks associated with static sitting.
- Take advantage of the "massage" bumps on the foot platform. If you are comfortable working without footwear you may well find that the bumps can provide a degree of comfortable stimulation for the soles of your feet. Some people find that stimulating the nerves in the feet triggers an energizing effect.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|FR006|| Aidata Luxe Comfort Non-Locking Footrest, Grey|
|FR006B|| Aidata Luxe Comfort Non-Locking Footrest, Black|